test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patching Problems

Hi

Windos 7 PC. I've had no problems logging in for a while now, but ever since the Winter Wonderland Event started, I've had this problem: The patching process appears to get caught in a loop.

The bar will say "Patching...", and even though the Received count is increasing, the progress bar will not move. It will jam on "Patched 66kb / 168MB". Last night it got to downloading 350 MB of a 168 MB patch before I forced it to quit.

Examining the Ctrl-X, the file it's having trouble with is "bin/CostumeSkeleton.bin", which is at 100% and it's state is "WAIT_FILE", but data is still being downloaded.

I'm unable to get into the game at all.
Post edited by drajora on

Comments

• tyrialdhtyrialdh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm also having a similar problem, only for me its VOICE_dom.fsb, and its state is REQ_DATA. Mine atm is:
    Patched 1715.9/4534mb
    recieved 1108.7 -37%
    recieved has gone up continuoulsy but its been at pathced1715.9 for 5 to 6 hours now
  • drajoradrajora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still having the problem. Got an open ticket with PerfectWorld Support, and they've been moving me through the automated scripts at a leisurely pace.

What I would recommend is to figure which file it's in (probably sound.hogg) and manually delete that file from the directory. This forces it to redownload, and typically succeeds in getting the troublesome file. Unfortunately, it usually trips up on another file later.

Here's the History So far:
    • > Change Password - guessing they didn't read the problem because this is not what is wrong
    • > Redownloaded Patcher via STO Forums - Patcher jamming issue reoccurs
    • > Launch via ARC - Patcher jamming issue reoccurs
    • > Launch via Steam - Patcher jamming issue reoccurs
    • > Uninstall STO - Complete
    • > Reinstall STO - Unable to complete, Patcher Jams
    • > Manually erase troublesome file and then try again - Partial success, until Patcher Jams again
    • > Flushed DNS - No effect
    • > Verified Firewall Rules - No effect
    • > Change IP - No effect
    • > Restart Router - No effect
    • > Restart System - No effect

And it's only taken a month to get to this point, and at least two since I have last played Star Trek Online.
  • tyrialdhtyrialdh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OK im going to start spamming this until i get a damn responce. I have done EVERYTHING the forums recommends, except for deleting shadercache.hogg, bacause the file doesn't download at all so there is no file to delete, if you cant figure it out and its any help, i have not played the game yet, so its not an old download being updated its pretty fresh, NO its not my system, my network or my ISP i have checked them all, refreshed them all, made all allowances etc. YES IT IS on your side, because this isn't just happeneing to me, its happenening to other people as well. This is rediculous, its like you dont have any real tech support. Get a Third party company to test, check and repair your servers, get your ISP to check your routing and configurations, get a Third party company to go through your patching software with a fine tooth comb, because lets face it, either your technical team is completly inept or just doesn't give a TRIBBLE about your customers. YES this is going to be placed in different areas everywhere, because i'm not getting a proper responce, so i will spam it till someone there who knows whats going on ACTUALLY READS THIS AND DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

PROBLEM:
    Download stops patching but continues to recieve data
    IT is stuck on the file ShaderCache.Hogg
    All network configurations, firewalls, security mesasures, permissions checked, double checked and fine
    ISP is not blocking communication from ports or IP
    Computer system is above minimu system requirments by far
    DSL connection is adequate to download files
    MOST files have downloaded and patched
    Errors are being encountered, and are as follows

After Bringing up the transfers page (holding CTRL and pressing X) It displays that ShaderCache.Hogg is not downling correctly

pcl log is showing, repeatedly "16 [1]: transfer failed, trying again for platformbin/PC/shaderbin/shaderCache.hogg (retry 0, compressed)"

Methods used to attempt to fix

Attempted to find and delete ShaderCache.hogg - couldn't file does not exsist in system
    Reset network adaptor - no difference
    Opened ports on router - no difference
    Changed security settings (even turned all off) -no difference
    Unistalled attempted fresh install - no difference
    Deleted live folder - no difference
    Aquired copy of shadercache.hogg from friend - patcher deleted file then no difference
    Changed settings of launcher (patch proxy, force verify, hell even languade) - no difference
    Restarted computer(obviously) - no difference
    Restarted router - no difference
    Contacted ISP relating to port blocking - no blocking no difference

I think thats all, there's probably more i've done as well, Pretty much if its in the forums, i've done it 3 times over.

NOW TELL ME ITS ON MY SIDE!! coz its not. I will continue to spam this through perfectworld, STO site, and tickets until SOMETHING IS DONE.

Sorry for forum users who may get sick of seeing this, but i see this as the only way to get attention to this problem.
  • hellcaraxhellcarax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Happening to me as well, fresh DL.
    Mines stuck in a patch loop where its dling 14 small files over and over again....
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seriously wth guys. This is the third patch with this BS. It's hanging at 65% on "startrekclient.manifest". Delete and it's instantly recreated to hang the patch again. Why does this happen?
  • drajoradrajora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I've managed to resurrect my launcher and get into the game. We'll see if it holds.

The method I used is what I like to call the "Proxy Shuffle"

1) Open Launcher Options, Set the Proxy to "US"
    2) Restart Launcher. If it hangs on StarTrekClient.manifest, repeat step. Otherwise, wait until the 'Patched' figure hangs while the 'Received' figure increases
    3) Open Launcher Options, Set the Proxy to "EU"
    4) Restart Launcher. If it hangs on StarTrekClient.manifest, repeat step. Otherwise, wait until the 'Patched' figure hangs while the 'Received' figure increases
    5) Open Launcher Options, Set the Proxy to "None"
    6) Restart Launcher. If it hangs on StarTrekClient.manifest, repeat step. Otherwise, wait until the 'Patched' figure hangs while the 'Received' figure increases.
    7) GOTO Step 1. Repeat until Client is fully patched.

This is a "something that should not work, yet it does" solution. There is obviously an issue with the Patching system, apparently at Cryptic's end. In the meantime, all the best and hopefully the Proxy Shuffle will work for you too. It's going to require A LOT of patience - mine took almost three hours and about five repetitions to come right.