test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After Jan. 9 update, game crashes

Hi everyone,
After Today's update (January 9 2014), the Game crashes every time I try to play. I Get to the black screen with the word "cryptic" and the game stops responding. After a couple of minutes the game closes and says that I could not initialize on demand patching and the connection timed out. Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks,
Spencer
Say NO to ARC!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sjamesh on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had a bug where I was at esd ground, got invite to my fleet's embassy map, took the shuttle to the fleet star base and then clicked on return to sector. I was transported back to esd groundground. And I couldn't beam up to my ship. Was greyed out.

Only fix was to join a private match.

Never had that happen, I assume it was something with the patch
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sjamesh wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    After Today's update (January 9 2014), the Game crashes every time I try to play. I Get to the black screen with the word "cryptic" and the game stops responding. After a couple of minutes the game closes and says that I could not initialize on demand patching and the connection timed out. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Thanks,
    Spencer

then disable on demand patching and let the game fully patch and try again. i always keep on demand patching off.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    then disable on demand patching and let the game fully patch and try again. i always keep on demand patching off.

I do have it off...thats the strange thing.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2014
    Also, a habit I've picked up with each new patch, is to go to the drop down menu at the login screen, and check "force verify"....that seems to keep reliability issues to a minimum. ;)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
    edited January 2014
    legetdumar wrote: »
    Also, a habit I've picked up with each new patch, is to go to the drop down menu at the login screen, and check "force verify"....that seems to keep reliability issues to a minimum. ;)

hmmm...that didn't work. Any other suggestions?
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2014
    Hmm...a workaround discussed in another thread involved setting the game to "run as an administrator"...right click on STO icon, scroll down to "Properties", click on the "Compatability" tab, check "Run as adminstrator"....
    try that maybe? :o
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
    edited January 2014
    Thanks. I'm just going to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Unfortunately now I have to go through arc.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captxaxascaptxaxas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Trying to log in tonight. Game freezes on the Cryptic load screen. Tried the "force verify" option and the "run as administrator." No effect. Can we get a response from PW about this? Or at least an acknowledgement of the problem?
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    By the Gods! Who is responsible for all my recent [Disconnecting from server] issues!
    Before yesterdays patch, everything were smooth.
    Now, I can hardly stay ingame long enough to finish a fast & flurrious race.
    Not to mentioning trying to go somewhere with my spess-ship withouth being disconnected. Either On zone-change, or after zonechange, or somewhere in between A and B.
    If the sourcecode of STO really is that terrible, how about start working on STO 2, soon enough, eh? This suck blows.
    /Floozy
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"