test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where would you like to see on the other side of the new Iconian Gate?

vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
I am starting a discussion on what and who(voice over actor) would you like to see in a gateway system that potentially can go through space and time?

I am suggesting we see the old movie reel style story of "whatever happened to..." in a cutscene movie event to catch up the story and learn lore from actual scenes and stories from the episodes and other canon materials like the movies that all tied together on the same vein, like The Q.

Dare we see the Dark Q and others in the Gamma and Delta Quadrants?

Will we see the Unimatrix aliens from the "Captain's holiday" TNG episode?

Will we meet the species that survived from the Sundering?

You tell me.... I want your input. I am trying to write a foundry tying a Mirror universe incident to the Quadrants, so please tell me the canon materials needed to do this. I appreciate it.
Post edited by vixenjalynn on

Comments

• Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Where is it stated the Iconian gate can go through time?
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Romulan storyline.

I believe it's Taris, she says something along the lines of "The gates don't just work through space but time too, we can save Romulus!"
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited December 2013

think it's also comes up in one of the Borg episodes

*SPOILER ALERT*

They send some borg back in time to kill Sisko.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    korbinarmandkorbinarmand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    FYI to move instantaneous is to move in BOTH time and space by defined in our modern science. All travel takes X amount of time (should it take NO time then it is time travel).

Given that, Im voting for another Galaxy. That should Really open things up for us.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cryptic seems to be focused on the Delta Quadrant and if we want to meet the rest of the aliens from Voyager, then an Iconian Gateway would be the way to do it. Exiting the Dyson Sphere would be a good way to introduce an Exploration Revamp since Voyager didn't pass anywhere near the Dyson Sphere.

Personally, the most impact would be the Andromeda Galaxy. Sphere of Influence states there are some active Iconian Gateways in the Andromeda Galaxy and hardly anything about it has been mentioned except for the Kelvans that left it.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Given that, Im voting for another Galaxy. That should Really open things up for us.

The Andromeda Galaxy was already mentioned in SoI.
    It seems the Iconians retreated there.

Gimme some tentacle monsters aka Kelvans and I will be content. :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe this is a crazy idea. I'd like for the gateways we found in the Sphere to open in places unknown and replace star cluster exploration missions. The caveat is that these could not be cookie cutter missions using the Genesis (or whatever) system that star cluster missions are currently created by. I'd like to see each gateway open to a unique 3 part mission arc.

These missions could be part of a new exploration reputation and tie in to a revamped crafting system. The components and recipes could only be obtained by going thru the gateways and completing missions. The items could only be crafted and not available via fleet or dilithium stores.

It's just a dream but it's mine. :cool:
  • Options
    vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe this is a crazy idea. I'd like for the gateways we found in the Sphere to open in places unknown and replace star cluster exploration missions. The caveat is that these could not be cookie cutter missions using the Genesis (or whatever) system that star cluster missions are currently created by. I'd like to see each gateway open to a unique 3 part mission arc.

These missions could be part of a new exploration reputation and tie in to a revamped crafting system. The components and recipes could only be obtained by going thru the gateways and completing missions. The items could only be crafted and not available via fleet or dilithium stores.

It's just a dream but it's mine. :cool:

I like this idea.. the story arc would be inclusive to telling a story about what the Iconian influence is and the current situation in the gateway center we saw in Sphere of Influence. It would be nice to have an advanced Temporal and Anomoly study team explore the places, as these cause anomolies when they open and close, they could be tracked. So, in essence we get a new area to explore, fight, conquer and build contacts.. as well as get to see a REAL reputation system build with contacts from aliens.

I wondered, what would happen if you run into a NON violent Mirror Borg? You know... Like Hughe, but the Queen and all of them celebrate the individual Borg and greater Collective like the Q fought and did for millenia and ended up peacefully settled. There is nothing that says A peaceful, collectively driven race to adapt for keeping alive isn't out there. In this mirror, Diplomacy would be better than just *DIE* mentality and a greater challenge and flip from the *KILL IT* drive we have in the game.. I think it would be a great break from the grind. Think of all the Roleplaying options for a Borg that is a borg to save the race.. Like the ones from the Voyager Episodes "Faces" and "Lifeforms", they could be saved and not worry about a disease advancing.

What about Silverbloods? Or even Chameloids? We saw these races but never had them developed far did we?

It would make sense they wouldn't act the same as the Borg, being a full genetic copy, without knowing it. I think it would be great to be introduced to a true Silverblood or Chameloidal Race that is truely unique. This was part of what i was going to write about..

Imagine if the gate to Romulus didn't open.. where would you pick to go and Why there? How would you tell them what happened and what would you do with the gate? What if there was a race of people asking for aid and the ONLY way to reach them IS the gateway you may or may not destroy?
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Given how they can move through time and space, I would expect one gateway to lead to a Led Zeppelin concert :p

Anyway, my personal hope is for the Gamma Quadrant
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Imagine this.

Another Iconian gateway is located at *REDACTED*. Starfleet sends through a force of ships. We end up outside of any space ever discovered. Some star charting determines we are on the far side of the Gamma Quadrant, near the border with the Delta Quadrant and pretty close to wherever Voyager ended up.

Here we see some elements of the following:
    - Borg. Fighting everyone. Duh.
    - Dominion. Fighting the Borg and Kazon.
    - Kazon. Fighting everyone. Duh.
    - Unimatrix 0 Borg faction fighting the Borg and allied with the Dominion.
    - An Iconian presence, with among others the Obex. Man, that ship should have come from somewhere.
    - A new Sphere Builder attempt of creating some space for themselves. Possbile link between Sphere Builders and Iconians.

These are just some random ideas. Some are dumb, I totally agree. But think of the first 4 things. We get DS9 and VOY fans happy. Then toss in some Ent/TNG costumes and only the diehard TOS feel themselves set back. Unless we take inspiration from the Galactic-Border-episodes for storylines.

Now, its not soo hard to get new ideas for this game, right?

As for VO actor: Jeffrey Combs. AKA Weyoun. Yes, he died at the end of DS9. But who is to say that is permanent? We know nothing of Weyoun 1 to 3. Maybe one of them died crashing in an ice planet, preserving his corps. With the Female Changeling back, the Dominion extract his DNA, create a new clone, then use the technique we saw in DS9 The Search, Part II (s03e02) to teach what is essentially Weyoun 4 what happened to Weyoun 4-8. That was the original joke about Weyoun, right? No matter how often you succeed in killing him, there is always a new one to walk through your door.
    And bam, the Dominion have their Federation expert back and the Female Changeling has again the "only solid she has ever trusted" back to serve her. Besides, Weyoun is awesome and you know it. Especially if we're going Gamma Quadrant.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A magical unicorn that farts lockbox keys, and Zen points.:P
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My mother country, Ireland.

But really, how about the far end of the Delta quadrant, would love to see ocompa and talaxions ingame.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Warning!
    Stereotypical Trekkie Joke Follows:

Where none have gone before...

I wonder if I'll get a warning for this?....
  • Options
    farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think it would be nifty if we found [Redacted] talking to [Redacted] aboot [Redacted]. "Couldn't resist"
    Also something compells me to agree with captjhunter's post as well.

Or maybe it will lead to an "abandoned" Iconian City. Maybe the Iconians could be split into warring factions
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A realtime image of ourselves controlling our character while they are staring at the Iconian Gateway. Properly angled so that our character can view their image on our computer screen.

If I was Q, I would probably just create that scene to TRIBBLE with people's heads so they believe that they are just a character in a MMO.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The eye of Chzo, ancient elemental god of Pain.

He shall come to the World of Science and punish the Arrogant Man.

The bridge shall be built from the mind, body and soul of the Bridgekeeper.

......It hurts.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to see Iconians and Undine fighting. It's about time we see that side of the story resolved.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sela, or anything about her. To finally close an open storyline for years now.
    Obviously, voice acted by Denise Crosby, which shouldn't be too difficult, as she played Sela and Tasha a few months back.
    I never understand why they didn't take this opportunity to make a Sela related FE.

But I guess they'll just keep adding new threats, and forget about her, just like they forget about the Undine or the Tholians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Cryptic seems to be focused on the Delta Quadrant and if we want to meet the rest of the aliens from Voyager, then an Iconian Gateway would be the way to do it. Exiting the Dyson Sphere would be a good way to introduce an Exploration Revamp since Voyager didn't pass anywhere near the Dyson Sphere.

Personally, the most impact would be the Andromeda Galaxy. Sphere of Influence states there are some active Iconian Gateways in the Andromeda Galaxy and hardly anything about it has been mentioned except for the Kelvans that left it.

spoilers and speculation ahead, dont read this if you want to find out yourself.

it was implied the jenolan sphere disappeared when this one reappeared, im guessing without anything to back it up that this sphere is the jenolan sphere based in part on the rep custscenes mentioning the sphere itself is a subspace transport device, the iconians may already have their claws in the delta quadrant, specifically the voth and the iconians have their agents of chaos who are completely unawares (borg based on the rep cutscene fighting voth) of this to drive the voth into the sphere and come screaming out of it in the alpha quadrant when the sphere transport happens in order to bring even more chaos to the area as it looks more and more likely the old enemies are becoming allies, feds, kdf and romulans. so the iconians can secure themselves for a return. now with the iconians gate way unlocked, they could be prepared and waiting for the right moment to strike.

assuming this is the same sphere and it was very near voyagers path out of the quadrant, they never encountered it but the sphere is now along that explored area after it transportd to the delta quadrant.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A giant moonlike space station with a crater that fires planet destroying green beams of doom.

>_>
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The end of the storyline and actual endgame content.
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hell.

Not fake hell. Not "I'm having a vision quest hell". Not aliens pretending to be demons hell.

HELL!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    The Andromeda Galaxy was already mentioned in SoI.
    It seems the Iconians retreated there.

Gimme some tentacle monsters aka Kelvans and I will be content. :rolleyes:

Doesn't the Andromeda Galaxy also have ridiculously OP dark matter entities a la the Paan'uri from "Schlock Mercenary"? Because that seems like a great reason to NOT go there. Invisible monsters with instakill guns? Can you guys see the obvious gameplay problem with that?

And my vote is for the Gamma Quadrant.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to see the planet Playtex, ancient Orion home of open-minded stewardesses.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I would like to see the planet Playtex, ancient Orion home of open-minded stewardesses.

planet playtex is also notorious for it's waterfalls of white liquid, with a greasy feel and bleachy smell :D.

Q: Where would you like to see on the other side of the new Iconian Gate?

A: An alternate reality where star wars, star trek, farscape, babylon 5, halo, major stryker and such all came together in one giant war.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Doesn't the Andromeda Galaxy also have ridiculously OP dark matter entities a la the Paan'uri from "Schlock Mercenary"? Because that seems like a great reason to NOT go there. Invisible monsters with instakill guns? Can you guys see the obvious gameplay problem with that?

What? I think you're talking about another franchise...
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That is an easy question: a Starbucks. I need a fix
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please, no other galaxies. Let's keep trek focused on the Milky Way.

I think it would be interesting to see a story-line that restores Romulus, which in turn would completely undo JJ Trek.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    to some "Alien" planet...

Alien = non bipedal plox.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!