test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where would you like to see on the other side of the new Iconian Gate?

2»

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    What? I think you're talking about another franchise...

Nah, there was a Trek novel that pretty well established that there are unstoppably powerful dark matter entities in the Andromeda galaxy. Howard Taylor used the same idea for his "Schlock Mercenary" comic.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Please, no other galaxies. Let's keep trek focused on the Milky Way.

I think it would be interesting to see a story-line that restores Romulus, which in turn would completely undo JJ Trek.

too bad.

spock saving the day and there by deleting jjcrapverse forever. i agree 1000%.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Nah, there was a Trek novel [...].

So it has no effect on what STO is going to do with Andromeda. ;)
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    planet playtex is also notorious for it's waterfalls of white liquid, with a greasy feel and bleachy smell :D.

Q: Where would you like to see on the other side of the new Iconian Gate?

A: An alternate reality where star wars, star trek, farscape, babylon 5, halo, major stryker and such all came together in one giant war.

Star Wars would win the giant war.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hell.

Not fake hell. Not "I'm having a vision quest hell". Not aliens pretending to be demons hell.

HELL!

That, and/or C'thulu. A C'Thulu STF would be fun!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How about a storyline that makes some semblance of logical sense?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited January 2014
    That, and/or C'thulu. A C'Thulu STF would be fun!

Cthulhu Fhtagn.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • quintoneasttnquintoneasttn Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe this is a crazy idea. I'd like for the gateways we found in the Sphere to open in places unknown and replace star cluster exploration missions.

I agree, there has been invasion storylines coming one after the other where either the Alpha Quadrant was being invaded or else we were the ones invading another place. I'd like to see the Federation in a developing storyline which gets back to their underlying purpose.. to explore (The Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic storyline can pursue alternate storyline arc's through the gate according to their respective core interests). The Gate can open in the Epislon Quadrant, which will provide a complete unknown and yet undiscovered area with new species, new technology, new exploration opportunities. Perhaps it can open in the Episolon but be in the past. But we wouldn't know that as we don't have a star chart to figure the time difference between modern day charts. We find out later into the storyline that our actions ripple into the future and we return back to our own time and find this..

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120407202346/memoryalpha/en/images/c/cd/San_Francisco_attacked.jpg

So we return back through the gate to set things right, to become something of a detective and figure out what went wrong.

I'd also like to see a new usable building at Starfleet Command/Academy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=38vQdUCEbdYj7M&tbnid=TFtibSk4aOdu6M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.suricatafx.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F04%2Fwordpress.2011-04-02.xml_.txt&ei=P67OUvXSGcXKkAeyw4GIDw&psig=AFQjCNEqCwNBdSTKV3Y7zvckuehuW5kZJA&ust=1389362972085749
    edited January 2014

I agree, there has been invasion storylines coming one after the other where either the Alpha Quadrant was being invaded or else we were the ones invading another place. I'd like to see the Federation in a developing storyline which gets back to their underlying purpose.. to explore (The Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic storyline can pursue alternate storyline arc's through the gate according to their respective core interests). The Gate can open in the Epislon Quadrant, which will provide a complete unknown and yet undiscovered area with new species, new technology, new exploration opportunities. Perhaps it can open in the Episolon but be in the past. But we wouldn't know that as we don't have a star chart to figure the time difference between modern day charts. We find out later into the storyline that our actions ripple into the future and we return back to our own time and find this..

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120407202346/memoryalpha/en/images/c/cd/San_Francisco_attacked.jpg

So we return back through the gate to set things right, to become something of a detective and figure out what went wrong.

I'd also like to see a new usable building at Starfleet Command/Academy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=38vQdUCEbdYj7M&tbnid=TFtibSk4aOdu6M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.suricatafx.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F04%2Fwordpress.2011-04-02.xml_.txt&ei=P67OUvXSGcXKkAeyw4GIDw&psig=AFQjCNEqCwNBdSTKV3Y7zvckuehuW5kZJA&ust=1389362972085749

There is no Epsilon Quadrant of the galaxy.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Epsilon Quadrant??? Do you hear yourself? :P

Quad-rant

Quad = Four

Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta = 1, 2, 3, 4

Hence no such thing as an Epsilon "Quadrant" anywhere. :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you want an area of space that is completely undiscovered, then there is the Small and Large Magellanic Clouds which are closer than the Andromeda Galaxy and likely to have Iconian Gateways in them as well.
  • quintoneasttnquintoneasttn Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have been thinking on this idea over work today, and believe that it has merit. Wherever the Iconian Gate would take us.. I would like to experience what it would be like to meet different alien ships, help them, and in the near future they would return the favor. Maybe coming into a battle situation (ground or space) to help me against a stronger opponent. Like the voyager episode where they are in some inescapable bubble, and they offer aid to other alien ships, and they start to form a small group to look after one another. Sharing their unique strength's for the good of the group. In time, they could be invited to join the Federation, or Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic. Kind'ov like the Cell ship which we have a "pager" for whch would come so we could trade. But more like a "reinforcements" pager in sending out a ship-in-distress signal and a random ship you befriended would show up to offer assistance if it could.
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Epsilon Quadrant??? Do you hear yourself? :P

Quad-rant

Quad = Four

Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta = 1, 2, 3, 4

Hence no such thing as an Epsilon "Quadrant" anywhere. :D

Or so the Iconians would have you believe
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
    edited January 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »
    Or so the Iconians would have you believe

Damn hyperdimensional mathematics!
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    What happened to Ocampa subsequent to the Caretaker's passing?
    Who really cares? :P
    What happened to the Kazon? Did they attack Ocampa?
    Unlikely they attacked Ocampa, they probably haven't come very far since we last saw them to be honest. Space Vikings.
    Did any other Ocampan's 'ascend' as Kes did? If so, what impact did that have on the Kazon?
    DId Kes actually do that though? We saw what appeared to be a form of ascension but then she showed up later simply ... older. Maybe she rebelled against the rules and she was cast out and restored to a mortal form? :eek:
    And what of Kes herself?
    Likely dead?
    Are the Vidians friendly since the phage was cured?
    I wouldn't say friendly, they're probably trying to make amends and put their society back together.
    What happened to Suspiria (the female caretaker seen in 'Cold Fire') and the Ocampans under her care?
    Unsure on that one.
    How far did the Vaadwaur get with their plans to retake their former territory, aided by their subspace tunnels? And what happened to the Turei?
    Again, unsure. One would think though that the Vaadwaur aren't exactly restored just yet, not unless they had more of their people on other colonies etc. There weren't enough of them last we saw.
    What would Starfleet/KDF do about the Devore Imperium if they needed to approach/enter their space? The Devore (as per the episode 'Counterpoint') controlled eleven star systems across three sectors, and were fiercely intolerant of trespass.
    The Federation (and Republic) would likely try for negotiations. The Klingons? Hah! They'd go in shooting.
    Furthermore, Could an outpost be set up on the planet seen in 'The 37's' or the colony that Neelix moved to at the end of Voyager's run?
    Hopefully that asteroid was destroyed.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222