test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mixing Nanite an Polarized DHCs?

stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Hey everybody,

I have 4 DHC slots 5 if you count the turret that i was thinking about upgrading into these weapons. Damage types are the same of course, but the debuff types are different.

I like how the polarized disruptors have a chance to lower the energy level by 25 so it debuffs their damage, speed and shields. Plus it has the standard disruptor debuff of -10 resistance. I'm not sure what to make of the Nanite disruptor bonus though since i'm not sure how bleedthrough works. I'm guessing that it's better then the standard -10 resistance debuff?

Would it still be worth it to just equip all polarized disruptors to increase the chance to proc -25 energy? or is the nanite bonus proc that good?
Post edited by stonewbie on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I mix them because it was cheap for crtdx3. Plus you can get the disruptor and nanite disruptor to pop at the same time...great stuff
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pol-disruptor dhc in combo with nanite turrets are quite a nice combo. i got my pol-d turrets out for the nintes and not regret it at all ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    any balance you guys think i should go for?

Like 1 nanite + 3 polarized + 1 polarized turret?

Or 3 nanite + 1 polarized + 1 nanite turret?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I use 2 nanite dhc, 1 pol dhc. 1 elachi single heavy crescent cannon, 1 pol turret, 1 nanite turret and the kcb

• Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    with decent skill in flow capacitors (which is cheap) its a -40 on all. with plasmonic leech its about -60 in total. make yourself a guess how much it hurts. :D who needs a bleedthru if shields are totally disabled?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I have 8 bars into flow caps and i do have the plasmonic leech. Also i may just get rid of my AP 360 beam and put another turret in the back. So that would make it 4 DHC slots and 2 turret slots for the new weapons.

I just wanted to make sure i'm not equipping 3 polarized when 2 would have been enough.

EDIT: Ohh and thanks for the tip about the elachi weapon. I took a closer look and saw that it does disruptor damage too.

DOUBLE EDIT: TRIBBLE i just checked the exchange and i only see the elachi in XI VR.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,639 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's still more or less the current lockbox, so Elachi MK XII purple should still be available on the exchange. Unless you mean that you're not seeing the other types, in which case expect them to be much more expensive as their lockbox hasn't been the default box for some time now, and certain rarities/marks may not be available.

Oh yeah, if you're KDF allied there's also Elite Fleet Disruptors that reduce the resistance of shields which is supposed to be quite nice, particularly in PvP. Oh, and if you have really expensive tastes and run beams, there are the Galor beams which have a Disruptor base type, with both the Phaser and Disruptor procs with [acc]x2[dmg]x2 mods (requires Cardassian Galor lockbox ship on that char).
  • Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's a fun tid-bit of info; polarised DHCs don't work with singularity overcharge.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    hellsfire6hellsfire6 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    I use 2 nanite dhc, 1 pol dhc. 1 elachi single heavy crescent cannon, 1 pol turret, 1 nanite turret and the kcb

Is this a Lobi store Item @ 200 lobi? :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ya, that and the bioneural circuitry provide a 2p bonus to disruptors and some shield strength boost

With the lobi event going...pretty good time to pick them upm just dont get the 3p unless you use an elachi ship...nothing but hate for non elachi, but lots of praise when you own one

• Options
    edited November 2013
    stonewbie wrote: »
    I just wanted to make sure i'm not equipping 3 polarized when 2 would have been enough.
    well, i put it that way:
    nanite make bleedthru. polarized suck the energy up to the level when shields go offline.
    nanite works when shields are up, polarised meant to get shields shut down.
    which is preferable? since using both would be as pointless as tetryon weapons on drain builds.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,639 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    alfamega wrote: »
    well, i put it that way:
    nanite make bleedthru. polarized suck the energy up to the level when shields go offline.
    which is preferable? since using both would be as pointless as tetryon weapons on drain builds.

Nanite Disruptor proc also is a small hull resist debuff as well as the shield resiliency debuff, so up until shields go they're great, and after that they're OK.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well, i put it that way:

Well you see, polarized disruptors provide the polaron proc and the disruptor proc.

The polaron part of the proc will provide a debuff of -20(more when flow capacitors enter the equation) to all power systems...that is engine, shields, weapons and auxiliary...so even when shields go down, your target will do less energy weapon damage, travel slower due to lowered engine speed, and shields will regen slowly as well.

The disruptor part of the proc will provide a -10% hull resist debuff...

The nanite disruptor proc is less powerful then a normal disruptor proc. But it stacks...15%>10%...uptime when balancing both is rather common

So no, not as useless as a tetryon proc on a unshielded target by any means at all

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I like how the polarized disruptors have a chance to lower the energy level by 25 so it debuffs their damage, speed and shields.

The flow caps guy chiming in since I love these weapons. Raising your flow caps improves the proc's power drain. I'm pretty sure I put the formula up in another thread two or three days ago.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well you see, polarized disruptors provide the polaron proc and the disruptor proc.
    i am well aware of it.
    The polaron part of the proc will provide a debuff of -20(more when flow capacitors enter the equation) to all power systems...that is engine, shields, weapons and auxiliary...so even when shields go down, your target will do less energy weapon damage, travel slower due to lowered engine speed, and shields will regen slowly as well.
    with skills its about -40, with leech console its about -60, which means NO shields, NO damage, speed of a stone with nearly no defense.
    The disruptor part of the proc will provide a -10% hull resist debuff...
    i am well aware of it too.
    The nanite disruptor proc is less powerful then a normal disruptor proc. But it stacks...15%>10%...uptime when balancing both is rather common
    So no, not as useless as a tetryon proc on a unshielded target by any means at all
    just the opposite, nanite proc gives more bleed thru, which is utterly useless if the shields are down.

so either you go full nanites setup to get the bleed thru fast and strong or you go full polarized setup to ensure that target got sucked and keep it that way forever.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You seem to be ignoring the hull resist debuff from the nanite

Nanite also have an extra mod over polarized.

No issues with running them in concert, in fact, a team using both would out perform a team using one or the other

• Options
    edited November 2013
    You seem to be ignoring the hull resist debuff from the nanite
    Nanite also have an extra mod over polarized.
    yeah, sure, just as every disruptor have....
    No issues with running them in concert, in fact, a team using both would out perform a team using one or the other
    just as wearing tetryon on a drain build.

either you suck energy or you pierce the shield. trying to do both will earn you no benefits, 2 half ways don't mean whole thing.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yeah, sure, just as every disruptor have....

just as wearing tetryon on a drain build.

either you suck energy or you pierce the shield. trying to do both will earn you no benefits, 2 half ways don't mean whole thing.

They leave separate debuffs, Nanite Disruptor Cloud and the standard Disruptor Hull Breach from the other. Unless there is some weird math going on behind the background i'll assume that i get 10+5 total. That would make the bleedthrough just a secondary bonus once shields go down, the primary bonus is the fact that its resistance debuff stacks with the standard disruption breach. I sacrifice a little uptime on the standard disruptor breach+drain to get bleedthrough and a tiny bit more resistance.

I'm seeing my drain, nanite cloud, and disruptor breach on targets pretty regularly so i'm happy with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    the primary bonus is the fact that its resistance debuff stacks with the standard disruption breach. I sacrifice a little uptime on the standard disruptor breach+drain to get bleedthrough and a tiny bit more resistance.
    exactly, a tiny bit, nothing else.
    on other hand you could drain dry the target. which means:
    1. no shields at all, no dps need to overcome shield regeneration, no damage need to get them down, torpedoes do full amount of damage.
    2. target stand still in space earning -10 defense instead of.. uuuhm... what was it?... never mind, its sitting duck by now, who cares what was it before....

this alone will help you kill the target waaaaaaaay faster then this "tiny bit"
    more then this, you get:
    3. no healing power/skills due to aux shutdown. which helps also to kill the targets faster.
    and
    4. no incoming dps. which helps a lot to survive stronger targets like tactical cubes.

all together its much more then this "tiny bit". and the more polarized disruptors you have the often it gets dry.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    exactly, a tiny bit, nothing else.
    on other hand you could drain dry the target. which means:
    1. no shields at all, no dps need to overcome shield regeneration, no damage need to get them down, torpedoes do full amount of damage.
    2. target stand still in space earning -10 defense instead of.. uuuhm... what was it?... never mind, its sitting duck by now, who cares what was it before....

this alone will help you kill the target waaaaaaaay faster then this "tiny bit"
    more then this, you get:
    3. no healing power/skills due to aux shutdown. which helps also to kill the targets faster.
    and
    4. no incoming dps. which helps a lot to survive stronger targets like tactical cubes.

all together its much more then this "tiny bit". and the more polarized disruptors you have the often it gets dry.

Meh. Polarized are kinda inferior. Here's why:

1) In general, hybrid weapons have slightly lower DPS.
    2) You lose a modifier in exchange for an additional proc at half the rate. Not worth it.
    3) LOLaron proc = ****e against NPCs, tbh

Nanite disruptors are fine. However, I would not use more than ONE Elachi disruptor on any build, however due to the nature of the proc; after it procs, the target cannot get the elachi proc for a couple of seconds.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    2) You lose a modifier in exchange for an additional proc at half the rate. Not worth it.
    LMAO :D you got no idea...
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nanite disruptors aren't bad, but I much prefer a combo of polarized/regular or polarized elachi over the nanites.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nanite disruptors are good against things with big shields and lots of shield power. Only a few things like that in PVE, but lots of targets for it in PVP where people run around with fleet shields and some skillpoints in power insulators that cut polaron drain in half.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nanite disruptors are good against things with big shields and lots of shield power. Only a few things like that in PVE, but lots of targets for it in PVP where people run around with fleet shields and some skillpoints in power insulators that cut polaron drain in half.

Yes but remember you still have the added benefit of the -10% dmg resistance debuff that can still apply vs the nanite's -5 dmg resistance rating (roughly a 4.8% debuff) and weak 2% bleed thru. However the base damage and mods tend to be higher on the nanite disruptors due to the one does two proc they have vs the standard hybrids.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I use nanites on mine, and just stuck a polarised turret on the back just for the proc in PvE. I'd use more normal disruptors, only trying to find [acc]x3 ones is quite... laughable.

Is the polaron proc really not worth it? as mine comes in at -39 power drain, which on top of the plasmonic leech's drain would be in the mid 50's, if not boarding on 60.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What I like to do is mix disruptors. I tend to run one standard disruptor, 2 nanite disruptors, and 1 polarized disruptor for my DHCs. For my turrets, I run a nanite and polarized (since you know you only use those for procs, not damage) and a KCB.

That way I am most likely to get the nanite proc, with a good chance of getting a disruptor and polaron proc. End result: the procs are where I want them.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I mix them because it was cheap for crtdx3. Plus you can get the disruptor and nanite disruptor to pop at the same time...great stuff

Yes, "Rainbow" Disruptors will work just fine :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    LMAO :D you got no idea...

Is that so? Please explain.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Meh. Polarized are kinda inferior. Here's why:

Nanite disruptors are fine. However, I would not use more than ONE Elachi disruptor on any build, however due to the nature of the proc; after it procs, the target cannot get the elachi proc for a couple of seconds.

1. 1 (2 if counting fleet)ess mod...slightly lower indeed

2. You do lose a mod, but the proc rate is the same

3. A dead in the water npc that cant shoot and has no shields is rather awesome.

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Lol, I'd love to come across the guy that says drains are useless, specially if he runs no power insulators or hazard emitters.