Options

Mixing Nanite an Polarized DHCs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Meh. Polarized are kinda inferior. Here's why:

1) In general, hybrid weapons have slightly lower DPS. Correct statement. 3% lower DPS and damage when compared to an equal mk level purple weapon.
    2) You lose a modifier in exchange for an additional proc at half the rate. Not worth it. Half correct. You do lose a modifier for an additional proc. However hte proc has the same occurrence rate as any other proc.
    3) LOLaron proc = ****e against NPCs, tbh Yes and no. Depends on the NPC.

Nanite disruptors are fine. However, I would not use more than ONE Elachi disruptor on any build, however due to the nature of the proc; after it procs, the target cannot get the elachi proc for a couple of seconds.

Commentary in red.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is all about cannons, but does it apply to beam arrays as well?
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,650 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is all about cannons, but does it apply to beam arrays as well?

You can run more Elachi disruptors when using beam arrays as you're more or less homogenous in weapon damage, so you don't have to worry about the Elachi proc being 'wasted' by a lesser weapon getting it (I'd limit to one fore and one aft, though). That's the only real difference I can think of.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tom61sto wrote: »
    You can run more Elachi disruptors when using beam arrays as you're more or less homogenous in weapon damage, so you don't have to worry about the Elachi proc being 'wasted' by a lesser weapon getting it (I'd limit to one fore and one aft, though). That's the only real difference I can think of.
    So I should mount only one of a different type in either weapon battery?

For example: fore weapons are 1-3 'regular' disruptors, with the remaining slots are filled with 1 each of the remaining types?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So I should mount only one of a different type in either weapon battery?

For example: fore weapons are 1-3 'regular' disruptors, with the remaining slots are filled with 1 each of the remaining types?

Elachi Disruptor is a bit unique, in that the proc does not stack and has a lock-out of 10 seconds before the proc can occur again. All other disruptor procs stack, so you actually will want more than just one of the other types. (Well, the Phaser proc of the Spiral Waves doesn't, but the disruptor proc on it does) Depending on what you're fighting and your build goals you might want to run entirely one type of disruptor besides a couple of Elachi if you have 8 weapon slots. I would skip Polarized Disruptor unless you have a dedicated drain build, with high Flow Caps and then you'll want as many as you can fit to stack up the Polaron procs as deep as possible. For ESTFs, regular Disruptor is best for Nanites and gens, though Elachi's 50% reduction to resist on proc would be a nice hit. Tac cubes and Donatra would benefit from Nanite, though (and Elachi ignore shields). For Voth, Nanite is nicer for the bleedthrough, which is how most of the big stuff is killed. I'd expect Nanite to be best for PvP, but I differ to others on that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just ran one ISE with each of my toons who fly the Mogh. Ran two nanite and two polarized beam arrays for'ard and one nanite and one polarized aft. They are all purple Mk XII and the modifiers on one set are [CrtD] [Dmg] and on the other toon are [CrtH] [Dmg]. DBBs are something I tried and said 'meh' about. Rather have a good all round field of fire instead of an excellent restricted one. That's what DHC's are for. Remaining two slots are plasma torps. Yeah, I know, I know. But I am addicted to the sparkly that is a TS II. And I like me a good looking finishing move, rofl.

Both are set up to fire energy weapons as follows: EPtW I, BFAW I, DEM II, A2B I(x2). I find I am using BFAW a lot less lately. Because I prefer to kill one target rather than annoy all of them.

I have not had time yet to parse anything but I noticed whatever I was shooting at seemed to die a lot faster. I also noticed it was a simple matter to acquire and hold aggro. Even though both chars have zero points in Threat Control.

Whenever I fired at a Sphere, it slowed and then stopped. Whenever I fired at the Cube, it immediately aggro'd on me and ignored everyone else. Even if they were closer. Even when my path was outbound from the engagement envelope. I made it turn around and follow my Sci toon.

Obviously, I need to fine tune the build and add some things. But this was a very promising beginning.

@tom61sto - Thank you for teaching this old dog a brand new trick. Much appreciated! :D

EDIT: Mogh has one Science Console Slot. Would a Plasmonic Leech console help with the drain?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Elachi Disruptor is a bit unique, in that the proc does not stack and has a lock-out of 10 seconds before the proc can occur again. All other disruptor procs stack, so you actually will want more than just one of the other types. (Well, the Phaser proc of the Spiral Waves doesn't, but the disruptor proc on it does) Depending on what you're fighting and your build goals you might want to run entirely one type of disruptor besides a couple of Elachi if you have 8 weapon slots. I would skip Polarized Disruptor unless you have a dedicated drain build, with high Flow Caps and then you'll want as many as you can fit to stack up the Polaron procs as deep as possible. For ESTFs, regular Disruptor is best for Nanites and gens, though Elachi's 50% reduction to resist on proc would be a nice hit. Tac cubes and Donatra would benefit from Nanite, though (and Elachi ignore shields). For Voth, Nanite is nicer for the bleedthrough, which is how most of the big stuff is killed. I'd expect Nanite to be best for PvP, but I differ to others on that one.

Just to clarify:

Disruptor procs ONLY stack if they are from different sources OR from different disruptor types. Basically, you can't have 4 regular disruptor weapons and get 4 regular disruptor procs. You can only get stacking procs if one of them is a disruptor proc AND a nanite proc. You will never get more than one regular disruptor proc UNLESS it's from a different player.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Commentary in red.

I should have clarified: The proc rate is the same, but often times the actual effect of the proc is reduced. This is certainly the case for ground weapons.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I knew about the same types not stacking procs already but thank you for posting what you did. Not everyone is aware of how weapon procs stack or don't. And some of us ought to be reminded anyway. :D It has been an enjoyable evening tinkering with these to see what happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just to clarify:

Disruptor procs ONLY stack if they are from different sources OR from different disruptor types. Basically, you can't have 4 regular disruptor weapons and get 4 regular disruptor procs. You can only get stacking procs if one of them is a disruptor proc AND a nanite proc. You will never get more than one regular disruptor proc UNLESS it's from a different player.

There was one stack icon for disruptor, and then a number overlayed on top indicating the current number of procs. I don't recall hearing about any sort of change to this behavior. Got a link?
    EDIT: Mogh has one Science Console Slot. Would a Plasmonic Leech console help with the drain?

Yes, you get extra drain on all your energy weapons with that.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There was one stack icon for disruptor, and then a number overlayed on top indicating the current number of procs. I don't recall hearing about any sort of change to this behavior. Got a link?

Disruptor procs haven't stacked for a while. What you were probably seeing was the disruptor proc from more than one player.