test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Is Your Galaxy With the Beef, Cryptic?

Comments

• brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    Now I'm hungry.
    Thanks a LOT!
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Now I'm hungry.
    Thanks a LOT!
    Thank Cryptic!
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does it come with gravy?
    There's no room for gravy due to the excessive amount of cheese dripping off of it.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Gravy, just like bacon, is one of those P2F (paid to feed) items. No one really needs gravy. Gravy, just like bacon, simply makes everything else taste too good. Which is too easy. Yet one cannot go anywhere near the buffet section in the diner without seeing some newbie come back from the line with gravy and bacon all over everything on his plate. Including dessert.

The other day I saw a person in the buffet line putting gravy and bacon all over a perfectly good Elvis style fried peanut butter and banana sammich.

This is not canon! It is wrong! Gene never intended to use gravy at all in any of his recipes. He was forced to do so by Ebil Network Executives as part of a secret government conspiracy funded by foreign cooking interests in a dastardly plot to undermine the morals of the teenagers of 'Murica!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I find this thread... illogical.

*Goes back to eating his plomeek soup.*
    edited December 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    I find this thread... illogical.

*Goes back to eating his plomeek soup.*
    Ya know, some bacon would make that soup taste much better. I spent all my EC buying up all the bacon on the Exchange. So I can profit from the desperation of others. I'll sell you one slice of bacon for...

a gazillion EC! Muahahahahaha! I am The King of Bacon!
    edited December 2013
    Ya know, some bacon would make that soup taste much better. I spent all my EC buying up all the bacon on the Exchange. So I can profit from the desperation of others. I'll sell you one slice of bacon for...

a gazillion EC! Muahahahahaha! I am The King of Bacon!

*Vulcan eyebrow raise.*

I'm afraid we Vulcans are mainly vegetarians.

Also, in this century, anyone can be a vegan and still eat meat. Observe.

*Walks over to the replicator and replicates a full English breakfast, setting it before thunderfoot.*

See how it has not come from an animal?

*Goes back to eating his soup, looking slightly smug, in a Vulcan kind of way.*
    edited December 2013
    buh...buh...buh...That's not fair! I was going to make a killing off the players' desperate need for bacon.
    Now everyone can get bacon anytime they want and as much as they want.

I demand DChef nerf the Replicator Holding! The fact anyone in a fleet can get Fleet Advanced or Elite Bacon for themselves anytime they want means a hard working war profiteer...errr, entepreneur...yeah! That's the word! cannot make a living with all this easy access bacon laying about for the taking!

I suppose I'll have to go back to buying high fructose SweetBox keys for Real Money and then selling them to the sugar junkies in the game.
    edited December 2013
    buh...buh...buh...That's not fair! I was going to make a killing off the players' desperate need for bacon.
    Now everyone can get bacon anytime they want and as much as they want.

I demand DChef nerf the Replicator Holding! The fact anyone in a fleet can get Fleet Advanced or Elite Bacon for themselves anytime they want means a hard working war profiteer...errr, entepreneur...yeah! That's the word! cannot make a living with all this easy access bacon laying about for the taking!

I suppose I'll have to go back to buying high fructose SweetBox keys for Real Money and then selling them to the sugar junkies in the game.

They won't nerf the replicator. It's too good a divitamin sink for them right now. So much cash in their pockets. It is logical for them to leave it as it is.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually I think the next faction to be added will be WAFFLES! But knowing the chefs they will be overpowered to get everyone eating them, and the bacon and gravy won't stack properly to allow you the ability to eat like all the rest ;)
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2013
    The only way I will purchase waffles is if they come with chicken. Waffles without chicken aren't canon. Plain waffles are simply a ploy by the Marketing Department to sell more Sweet Boxes. Which are bad for you because they have too much sugar in them.

Marketing knows that if you get a waffle, you're going to want something sweet to fill all those slots.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Eh? Waffles with Chicken? What strange hell is this?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This thread is making me hungry.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only way I will purchase waffles is if they come with chicken. Waffles without chicken aren't canon. Plain waffles are simply a ploy by the Marketing Department to sell more Sweet Boxes. Which are bad for you because they have too much sugar in them.

Marketing knows that if you get a waffle, you're going to want something sweet to fill all those slots.

But if the waffles with gravy won't stack but the chicken with gravy does stack then they are going to break the recipe.

That's it we're all doomed!!!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Eh? Waffles with Chicken? What strange hell is this?

It's called "The South" (and it's delicious.)

Still waiting for that ribeye, BTW...
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I will have my scientists investigate this phenomenon called waffles with chicken and gravy.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • enterprise07enterprise07 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does chicken with gravy stack with ham? :D
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does chicken with gravy stack with ham? :D

Yes... I believe so! About 12 times or so? I've got a very succesful chicken, gravy and ham build on my R.R.W. OmNomNom! :D
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    :eek:
    You guys are too much!!!!
    And I want a cheese & tomato sandwich. Make that with LOTS of tomatoes, 2 slices of cheese, and a little salt & pepper, with mayo & honey mustard.
    :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Groan... Not this old argument again. Will you guys give it a rest please?

There is nothing wrong with the beef, there never has been, and the devs love meat dishes just as much as you do. It's the way you guys are cooking and serving it that's the problem. You serve it with horseradish sauce and the side dishes it comes with as standard and expect it to slice through butter like a hot knife. You are clearly overloading your beef with the many different accompaniments that come as standard with the other dishes bought off the pick and mix counter and are expecting it to taste like something else.

You must play on its strengths and specialize. The beef (and the fleet beef) are supposed to be served as meat dishes. If you want a dessert or a healthy salad then buy one, but please don't try and turn the beef (or the other meat dishes) into something they're not supposed to be!
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am still waiting for the Taco!! 4 beef slots, 3 vegitables and 2 toppings. Add in the Taco Supreme to the fleet store with a 5th beef slot or 3rd topping and a Sour Cream console.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I am still waiting for the Taco!! 4 beef slots, 3 vegitables and 2 toppings. Add in the Taco Supreme to the fleet store with a 5th beef slot or 3rd topping and a Sour Cream console.
    What, the Pizza, with three universal slots, plus as many more from the Store as you wanted to pay for, and a Cheese console, wasn't OP enough?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone acquired the Special Reward from this year's Winter Cook Off, the Fruitcake? If so, how has it worked out? Is it true that the fruitcake requires an excessive amount of Egg Nog? Since we're limited to only two glasses of Egg Nog per day, how does this affect using the Fruitcake? Is there a Home Made version of the Fruitcake available as well?

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *rubs eyes more*

Even though I skim-read this, for the majority of the thread, I agree with the proposals here. Cryptic not only botched the taste of the Beefy class, but also the stats.

I think excess gravy containers are intriguing, and offer a lot of food variety, similar to the many roles the Beefy was capable of filling in the cooking contest. We'll see what happens - it is radical, and something doesn't feel right about all those gravy containers, but I'll support it.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone acquired the Special Reward from this year's Winter Cook Off, the Fruitcake? If so, how has it worked out? Is it true that the fruitcake requires an excessive amount of Egg Nog? Since we're limited to only two glasses of Egg Nog per day, how does this affect using the Fruitcake? Is there a Home Made version of the Fruitcake available as well?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The Fruitcake is pretty resilient, but it needs more than two glasses of Eggnog, so I suggest getting the Fruitcake. But wait to use it, go ahead start getting your two glasses of Eggnog a day for about 10-15 days, then that using the Fruitcake.

But back to the subject at hand, the Beefy needs a lot more gravy.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Beef is delicious when marinated in picante Sauce. Unfortunately players are constantly complaining that the picante sauce is too spicy and should be nerfed. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Groan... Not this old argument again. Will you guys give it a rest please?

There is nothing wrong with the beef, there never has been, and the devs love meat dishes just as much as you do. It's the way you guys are cooking and serving it that's the problem. You serve it with horseradish sauce and the side dishes it comes with as standard and expect it to slice through butter like a hot knife. You are clearly overloading your beef with the many different accompaniments that come as standard with the other dishes bought off the pick and mix counter and are expecting it to taste like something else.

You must play on its strengths and specialize. The beef (and the fleet beef) are supposed to be served as meat dishes. If you want a dessert or a healthy salad then buy one, but please don't try and turn the beef (or the other meat dishes) into something they're not supposed to be!

That's what you say! The beefy can't put out much taste per bite at all!
    edited December 2013
    Beef is delicious when marinated in picante Sauce. Unfortunately players are constantly complaining that the picante sauce is too spicy and should be nerfed. :(

It may be delicious and can stand a lot of cooking, but it isn't that tasty, the sauce just creates one of those 100% Preservative ships that last forever but don't taste good.
    edited December 2013
    Beef. Beef. Beef. How come no one ever tries to get DChef to work on the myriad problems faced by Fish every day? People will line up around the block for beef, but everyone looks right past calamari alfredo diabolo. Despite the fact Fish is better for you. Despite the fact calamari is waay more fun to eat. Despite the fact Fish has Omega 3 fatty acids which are good for your brain And little or no cholesterol to boot.