test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GameClient.exe stops responding.

since the emergency patch earlier this morning my game client keeps crashing at the Legacy of Romulus screen during load. There is no error message and I can't even get to character select.

Verifying the game files show no issues, videocard drivers are recent (HD7850). I never had crash issues like this before.

at this point I am completely unable to get into the game
Post edited by koltoroc on

Comments

• seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here, this seems a problem that came with season 8, that they fixed, that is back.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • haruspicaharuspica Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problem here.... first login today, patched and now i cant get to the charselection. :confused:
  • odysseus991odysseus991 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    im having the same issue has there been any fix found yet?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have experienced this from another MMO, and it was with their confirmation a memory leak issue causing their client crashing. This happens to me frequently from hours of extended game play, my screen will freeze and according to the task manager the game client becomes unresponsive. I close it down, and restart the client and all is fine until the next crash! :rolleyes:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• superimbecil1superimbecil1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was unable to load game yesterday after patching, today after the new patch i cant either load past 1/4 of the loading screen and the gameclient.exe says not responding and it stops there, no matter how much i wait.

The only things ive installed recently is the STO last two patches, battlefield 4 and the latest ATI drivers from AMD. Any other game i have installed runs perfect, its just a STO problem. I have force verified the game flies, ran a tracert command to the login server with success and also checked my firewall settings were also the ones i had last week.

Already lost two days of the winter event. I wanted to get the breen cruiser because i was unable to play last xmas to get it and now that i got time to play the game wont load....great.

Also great to see its not on the KNOWN ISSUES section of the patch notes after two days happening.
  • koltorockoltoroc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The last update didn't change anything, still crashing on the LoR screen

Shadow, it is not a memory leak, I can't even get into the game, it crashes at the LoR loading screen, BEFORE the character select. I know memory leak issues. STO has one in the texture memory, that was fixed quite a while ago and returned with S8
  • captinkeycaptinkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't even log in on Star trek online. -.-
  • koltorockoltoroc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another patch without change. still crashing. Safe mode doesn't help either
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have this problem with any new federation character I create. I can log into my old characters, but I can't play a new one in the tutorial without crashing as I am logging into the character in or as soon as i move once I get in.
  • admiralstavok#2904 admiralstavok Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this is a game related error, or not, but thought I would report it. My sytem is a Sony VAIO notebook with a GeForce GT 425 M Graphics Card. I have used it with no problems until the season 8 update a couple of months back. Now, when I am in game, my entire system just shuts down. I have reinstalled all the drivers on my graphics card and it's still happening. Not sure what to do.
  • chydra1chydra1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i am having the same problem but i troubleshot is under recomened settings and it let me in after giving me account titcket TRIBBLE
  • zev92zev92 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have the same problem with it not getting past the lor screen.
  • elshaddielshaddi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So .. over the weekend I start to level up my Rommie toon with Delta Rising. I have already leveled up my Fed character - all the way to 59.5 ... I was grinding with that one trying to make lvl 60.

All of the sudden - trying to load one of the missions with the Hierarchy - the screen freezes - kick me out of the game. I try to restart - and get a weird Direct 3D message about a memory leak (sound familiar)?

Now .. I can't get past the Delta Rising splash screen. I've uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times. Updated my video drivers ... everything I can think of.

No luck ... and I'm missing precious time on the Mirror Universe event!!!

*sigh* ... can someone PLS help me with this!???
  • astenioastenio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello,
    i have one small problem.
    I wanted to create delta recruit character.I can create character normal but after creating if i choose "skip tutorial" is everything alright, but if i choose "play tutorial" so intro movie start and after this, "game not responding". Please, I need help. Have any other of you same problem? (I didn't find more similar thread than is this)

PROBLEM RESOLVED
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    astenio wrote: »
    Hello,
    i have one small problem.
    I wanted to create delta recruit character.I can create character normal but after creating if i choose "skip tutorial" is everything alright, but if i choose "play tutorial" so intro movie start and after this, "game not responding". Please, I need help. Have any other of you same problem? (I didn't find more similar thread than is this)

Hi.
    What exactly are happening?

*Do the game disconnect after a while?
    *Are your character stuck on Black screen?
    *Do you disconnect/force close/otherwise break the connection with the servers?

(Bear in mind that the servers are known to to keep the counter running for up to 30 minutes, before continueing the game.)
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I;ve been having this issue since the delta recruit event went live.

I can see the game its not running and the mouse icon turns from the sto icon to the windows icon. And behind that screen is the client has stopped working check online for a solution or close application.

Sometimes i have to control/alt/del to get to desktop
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you do get in its unplayable anyway,,,,,,,my ship thinks its a YO-YO,,,,,:(
  • frontierplanetsfrontierplanets Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I;ve been having this issue since the delta recruit event went live.

I can see the game its not running and the mouse icon turns from the sto icon to the windows icon. And behind that screen is the client has stopped working check online for a solution or close application.

Sometimes i have to control/alt/del to get to desktop

Having pretty much the same problem. I get to the character selection screen, pick a toon, game starts a-loadin', then BOOM! Sudden crash to desktop. I can't play at all because of this. :(
    For best results, read my posts in the voice of Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness.

*busts down your door while wearing a Starfleet uniform*
    Time to boldy go, losers.
    #this is how you SHOULD collect your crew from shore leave
  • reliantfoxreliantfox Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Steps for me to reproduce (100% reproducible; cannot play the game):
    * initiate ARC login
    * click engage
    * GameClient.exe stops working

Information from the Windows dialog about the crash:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5522f1f0
    Fault Module Name: ArcOverlayStub.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 551a3b31
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000072c1
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
  • jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    very disappointed, its happening with me too.