test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Mogh Battle Cruiser Now Available!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The glorious new Klingon Mogh Battle Cruiser is now available in the C-Store! Qapla'!

Read more about it, and its Fleet counterpart, in this Dev Blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• cocobaleadascocobaleadas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here comes the BOOM!!!! :D
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    By Kahless' beard, it is a good day to buy!

Qapla'!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Qa'pla! A toast to the Devs!!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Awesome ship, thanks!

Edit: actually, you guys seem to have started a major KDF push more generally, with this week and the BoP and all. Good on you! It is appreciated.
  • hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for an awesome ship!
    edited December 2013
    BranFlakes, I have a reminder and a request. :)

Reminder - I didn't see the Mogh being promoted on the launcher yet and I think it's a good idea to have it there since many players don't visit the website or forum often.

Request - Can we have a Mogh class wallpaper? Please? :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you devs. Ship looks pretty decent actually, and between this release and the free bop, you really seem to be pushing the KDF faction as a viable alternative to the Federation and Romulan factions.
    shpoks wrote: »
    BranFlakes, I have a reminder and a request. :)

Reminder - I didn't see the Mogh being promoted on the launcher yet and I think it's a good idea to have it there since many players don't visit the website or forum often.

Request - Can we have a Mogh class wallpaper? Please? :)

The Mogh battlecruiser is smack dab right on the 1rst page of the launcher.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited December 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The Mogh battlecruiser is smack dab right on the 1rst page of the launcher.

Oh my! :P

Then I was either so excited to get the Mogh that I didn't notice, or I was so excited to get the Mogh asap that I launched and loged on before they even managed to put it there! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My Fleet Mogh is a beautiful sight to behold. Looks amazing with the Jem'Hadar MK XII space set on and just as good naked with the new metallic material. Is it just me or did anyone else notice an overall bump in the graphics everywhere? I'd swear even the Klingon starbase walls and my Boffs look amped up, more detailed and reflective where appropriate. Or maybe its because I switched to the DX11 driver thing in the settings? If so, didn't notice this much eyecandy before.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ...this thing.... mjammjam. nothing to add xcept: thx! :):):)
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I love it!!!! :-):-):-):-):-):-) Its a beast with machismo to spare to split wood with its ridged manhood while having a warnog with Chuck Norris and laughing about an inside joke only he would understand.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited December 2013
    :D nice ship!
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pass.

I'd buy the Mogh if I could re-skin it as a Vor'cha.

That would be sweet.
  • lordbicenlordbicen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Great... Now then... WHERE'S my K'Vort Class Bird of Prey Cruiser, dudes.... only been waiting 8 years for it...
    I would have thought that you guys woulda been bringing that one out since you did the whole Yesterdays Enterprise episode with Denise Crosby... I mean, the K'Vort was the Primary Klingon Attack Vessel in that episode, 3 vs. Enterprise -D... and Still no K'Vort... We Klingons WANT the K'Vort!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lordbicen wrote: »
    Great... Now then... WHERE'S my K'Vort Class Bird of Prey Cruiser, dudes.... only been waiting 8 years for it...

They already said they won't do that ship any time soon. And since soon means atleasta year for the KDF you're looking at years ahead potentially.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lordbicen wrote: »
    Great... Now then... WHERE'S my K'Vort Class Bird of Prey Cruiser
    • Buy B'rel
    • Zoom in really close
    • K'Vort
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wasn't all that fond of the ships design in the screens but I gotta say with a different material and/or honor guard shield it actually looks pretty good, and pretty klingon, too. Lots of neat little details and a bulky shape befitting of a battleship. also, the windows actually close in battle, might be standard on other ships but this was the first time I noticed it.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ulukayx wrote: »
    I wasn't all that fond of the ships design in the screens but I gotta say with a different material and/or honor guard shield it actually looks pretty good, and pretty klingon, too. Lots of neat little details and a bulky shape befitting of a battleship. also, the windows actually close in battle, might be standard on other ships but this was the first time I noticed it.

The Avenger also 'armors up' it's windows and nacelles when it first enters combat as well.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    is it just me or does it not look like a modded KDF vet ship ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    is it just me or does it not look like a modded KDF vet ship ?

the vet ship is alot stumpier in size, where this is actually a BC and a good looking one if I do say so my self.

8 years? beside what's the big deal about an over sized BoP I have to agree with another poster get the B'rel and zoom in.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got the z-store and fleet versions. I am liking it so far, I just wish there was an alternate skin though. The only ship part you can switch out is the nacelles if you have both versions. Main thing is I would like to be able to switch the head out for one that looks similar to a Vorcha or maybe a Ktinga.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Couple of questions I am hoping folks can answer:

1) If you get the C-Store Mogh, does the Fleet version qualify for a discount on the fleet modules?

2) Does anyone know the inertia value of the ship please?

3) How does an innate cloaking device differ from a normal cloaking device?

Many thanks. :)
    edited December 2013
    Couple of questions I am hoping folks can answer:

1) If you get the C-Store Mogh, does the Fleet version qualify for a discount on the fleet modules?

2) Does anyone know the inertia value of the ship please?

3) How does an innate cloaking device differ from a normal cloaking device?

Many thanks. :)

1. Yes

2. .50

3. AFAIK, the only difference is that the innate one is built in the ship and doesn't require a console slot.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    1. Yes

2. .50

3. AFAIK, the only difference is that the innate one is built in the ship and doesn't require a console slot.

Fantastic!

Thank you :)
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A little different question.

I understand that exact numbers will be kept secret but it would be nice if we could find out from the Cryptik team if the Mogh is selling Better than expected, as expected or worse than expected.

I am sure many KDF fans are interested in hearing this answer as well.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A little different question.

I understand that exact numbers will be kept secret but it would be nice if we could find out from the Cryptik team if the Mogh is selling Better than expected, as expected or worse than expected.

I am sure many KDF fans are interested in hearing this answer as well.

I know several players curious about that ... fleet modules are another marker that should be looked at as well.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    These features look great, happy for all you KDF players! :)

Now, if only the Romulan cruisers were allowed to join in the fun of having an advance communication array?:(
  • vgacevgace Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To Mr. Branflakes:

Just picked up the fleet version of this ship and turns out it doesn't have the Dynamic Defense System. Are there any plans to offer this console by itself to people who buy the fleet version? Seems like a lot of waste to buy a 2500 Zen ship for just one console. Why doesn't the fleet version come with the Dynamic Defense System anyways?

Thank you.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vgace wrote: »
    To Mr. Branflakes:

Just picked up the fleet version of this ship and turns out it doesn't have the Dynamic Defense System. Are there any plans to offer this console by itself to people who buy the fleet version? Seems like a lot of waste to buy a 2500 Zen ship for just one console. Why doesn't the fleet version come with the Dynamic Defense System anyways?

Thank you.

The c-store purchase grants you a price reduction for the fleet ship, you did it in the wrong order.

1. Get c-store ship - 2500 zen

2. Get fleet ship - 500 zen (1 module)

:D
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The special consoles are only on the c-store ships. Fleet ships come with 10% more hull and shields but no special console. That is the usual deal.