test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Mogh Battle Cruiser Now Available!

2»

Comments

• somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So the KDF gets the exact same ship as the Feds do....but their ship can cloak right out of the box (without costing a console slot). Am I right?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vgace wrote: »
    To Mr. Branflakes:

Just picked up the fleet version of this ship and turns out it doesn't have the Dynamic Defense System. Are there any plans to offer this console by itself to people who buy the fleet version? Seems like a lot of waste to buy a 2500 Zen ship for just one console. Why doesn't the fleet version come with the Dynamic Defense System anyways?

Thank you.
    Fleet ships never come with their consoles, except the Veteran ships. It's been like this since forever, so if you want the DDDS console, you need the Z-store version.

I think the reason was that, if they released consoles with Fleet Versions people would ignore the Z-Store one and they wouldn't make as much money as if they sold the Z-Store at 2500 zen and then the Fleet one at 500, because you get a Module discount if you buy the Z-Store version.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    So the KDF gets the exact same ship as the Feds do....but their ship can cloak right out of the box (without costing a console slot). Am I right?

All Klingon battle cruisers with standard cloaking have it at no console cost. Always been that way. Only BoPs and Raptors pay for innate cloaking in some fashion.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Question, will you guys do the same thing on the Romulan side like you did on the Federation and Klingons
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Romulans are probably gonna get their vests equivalent first.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just purchased the Mogh today. Loving it! Everything a Klingon man-o-war should be!
    Honor and glory to the persons who created it! For QeylIss! For the Empire!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    anybody else getting this problem (missing textures) ?

http://imageshack.com/a/img34/9245/wa7z.jpg
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited December 2013
    Still an awesome ship! Thanks Devs!

R.I.P
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    anybody else getting this problem (missing textures) ?

http://imageshack.com/a/img34/9245/wa7z.jpg

Isn't that just the armor plating that covers up the windows while in combat?
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if that has been asked before, but will there be a romulan equivalent ship released some day, too?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    I don't know if that has been asked before, but will there be a romulan equivalent ship released some day, too?

Kinda hope not. Would automatically trump both the Avenger and Mogh automatically due to being a Romulan ship.

Besides, that sets a way worse slope than any mere cloaking issue because then one worries that they will only ever release more copy/paste ships in the future and that might end up being all we see.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited December 2013

I do not know. Though if it does happen prepare for a thread claiming its a triple standard to the Avenger for a Romulan battle cruiser clone version with innate battle cloak to exist while the Avenger has to use a console.

Not from me mind you. I have no issues with the idea of a Romulan version.
    Well, other than the precident for simple ship cloning it represents.

R.I.P
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Isn't that just the armor plating that covers up the windows while in combat?

yes it is and also the mogh has texture errors on the rear sides of the necelles (spelt incorrect I know due to bad memory lol)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013

um wasn't there already an Equivalent for Romulans?

Scimitar and that other ship that even has a flight deck with 5 forward weapons...

Maybe I am missing something...but that seams like Romulans already have the equivalent ship.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    um wasn't there already an Equivalent for Romulans?

Scimitar and that other ship that even has a flight deck with 5 forward weapons...

Maybe I am missing something...but that seams like Romulans already have the equivalent ship.

Kind of.

The Scimitar has the advantage of superior Universal seating, a Commander Tac seat, 10 consoles due to being a 3-pack design, versions with 5 Tac consoles and 4 Science consoles, has a Romulan Battle Cloak, its own bridge option, 4 device slots, a hangar, Singularity Powers, and the ability to use set consoles.

The Avenger/Mogh has a higher base turn, Cruiser Commands, +1500 hull if you upgrade to a Fleet version at the cost of 4 (1 with C-Store version) Fleet Ship Modules, and a lower crew* by comparison. The Avenger/Mogh also has a higher Inertia rating, though some do use low Inetia to their advantage via "power sliding", so that's less of an outright advantage.

The Scimitar is still the superior design, which is not normally something I say about the ship with the lower turn stats. All in all, the Romulans don't really have an Avenger/Mogh equivalent, nor do the Federation and KDF have a Scimitar equivalent... which isn't a bad thing. It keeps some distinction between the various gameplay styles.

*A small crew is actually an advantage since bonuses are calculated as a percentage of crew remaining and recovery is not. Long crew recovery times leave ships with large crews at a disadvantage once actual combat begins and casualties clog the hallways, something I did not notice until tripping across that info on the forums and then checking hull recovery in-game. It does make one wonder, though... if I have 3000 Romulan Republic crewmembers on my Scimitar, why didn't I install more seats on my bridge? That Defiant over there could nearly fit inside my bridge, yet still has the same number of bridge officer stations... weird once you think about it, though gameplay balance is another matter :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • tongi02tongi02 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like it more, if the parts for the Mogh could be used on the Carrier also...:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In pvp does the Mogh Battlecruiser seem more squishy to anyone

reason I ask is I got a fleet person who was surviving quite well in his fleet vorcha...but the moment he switch to the Mogh in pvp he was squishy...and this was with the same boff/equipment layout as the fleet vorcha??
  • tongi02tongi02 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It always depends on how geared you ship is....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I made the Dark Knight a KDF Tac on my alt account for comic book-inspired chars; now i must buy this ship twice...

As i am not a millionaire/billionaire, this may take a while... plenty of time to nag Dev Teams into making a KDF Grappler Console!!!
    [img src="http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/9/93/Grappler_icon_(Federation).png"][/img]
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/9/93/Grappler_icon_%28Federation%29.png
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.