test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bird-of-Prey Giveaway! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
To celebrate the release of Michael Dorn's VO work as Worf in STO's Klingon content, we are giving away a FREE B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey for a limited time. Today is a good day to start a Klingon character!

Learn more details here.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oooo a pew pew console, ship looks nice, thanks
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wheres my free fed ship?!?

...in before the feds say it :p
  • kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Free ship? Thanks!
  • cocobaleadascocobaleadas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What did the FED say?!?!
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cool. :)

I already bought the B'rothl, but I'm glad that more people will be able to have fun in this ship during their early leveling of KDF chars.
    It really is a great looking design and an awesome skin to use for the C-Store B'rel.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Free Klingon ship --> more people play a Klingon --> more sales of the new Mogh class and other ships

Anyway thanks for this. I'm definetly gonna try it out !
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you. All my KDFs may be 50 but still a free ship with a nice console. Also planning to get the Mogh as well once game is updated, but nice to have more special consoles as an option as well.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for this! Pretty skin for the B'rel
  • rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's a great starter ship! Hope everyone who hasn't got one already enjoys captaining it:D
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I guess since I have enough to get 7 free fleet mogh's right now that I didn't have to pay for I can't complain about not getting this other one for free lol.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sweet, never planned on buying that ship, but if it's free, sure. Thanks Cryptic.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Sweet, never planned on buying that ship, but if it's free, sure. Thanks Cryptic.

Heh, I'd wanted to buy it...but each tie I ended up getting a respec instead. Wanted to try out the EIC console as part of a decloak alpha...drop the BO, pop the EIC while controlling the throttle, and taking it from there...
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hopefully more people join the klingon side! the game really isn't much different on that side it is just a bit lonely right now.
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got the mini-BoP when it launched, it's an awesome skin for the B'rel Retro :)

In case any devs come by: any chance getting it available for the Fleet Brel? I gather it doesn't work there (don't have fleet myself).

So people: go claim that ship! Nice skin and decent console.
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey

Birds-of-Prey are small, fast, and fill a variety of roles for the Empire. They can be used as scouts, raiders, or patrol ships. The B?Rotlh Bird-of-Prey is equipped with a standard cloaking device. They?re vulnerable when cloaked, but their speed and maneuverability make them hard to hit. Also, the Bridge Officer stations on a Bird-of-Prey are mostly universal, which makes them more versatile.

This ship comes with a universal Enhanced Induction Coils console. This console mod can be equipped in any console slot on any of your Klingon ships, and allows you to provide a short duration increase to your weapons and engine power levels. In addition, it repairs disabled weapons and engine subsystems.

To claim:

1. Log into the game on a Klingon character that has an available ship slot, or start a new Klingon character
    2. Visit the in-game C-Store via the button on the minimap
    3. Navigate to the ?Ships? tab on the left
    4. Click on the ?Klingon Class? tab on the top
    5. Scroll down to and click on the ?B?Rotlh Bird-of-Prey? item
    6. Click the ?Claim? button towards the bottom-right of the interface before the date and time below
    7. While this is a starting level ship, perfect for you to command while playing through the revamped Klingon starting content, the ?Enhanced Induction Coils? console that it comes with can be transferred for use on other Klingon ships
    NOTE: Once you own the ship, if it has been discharged, it can be reclaimed via the C-Store or at Ship Requisitions.

This FREE account-wide unlock must be claimed by Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10AM PST when it will revert to its normal price.

We hope you enjoy this Bird-of-Prey, as well as Michael Dorn?s VO, and we?ll see you in-game, Warriors! Qapla?!

Nice I allready have this ship why they don't ask klingons what they would like to have for those who allready own a klingon Char with that ship !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aww, I already have this, and you rarely see these, I loved getting PM's asking me what kind of ship it is, it's great on the retro too.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Devs, please make this skin / ship parts available for the C-Store B'Rel and the Fleet B'Rel.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well somebody was feeling generous! Thank you very much!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heh, I'd wanted to buy it...but each tie I ended up getting a respec instead. Wanted to try out the EIC console as part of a decloak alpha...drop the BO, pop the EIC while controlling the throttle, and taking it from there...

The battery-like consoles are kind of awkward as batteries, since they have a long CD and put your regular batteris on CD too, but they might work as an alpha opener, if you can stand to wait 3 minutes to reuse them.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They didn't ask me if I already owned the Nebula before giving that away. You'll live.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Worf VO work, the Mogh release and a free BoP!!!! Its like we won the lottery!!!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Kewl. And the skin from this one can be used on the B'rel-R right?
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Kewl. And the skin from this one can be used on the B'rel-R right?

yeap just changed my B'rel Retro to use the new parts
  • shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any change that those of us who paid for it might be able to get a refund?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Excellent!

Thank you for the free ship :)
    edited December 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Worf VO work, the Mogh release and a free BoP!!!! Its like we won the lottery!!!

I just hope the patch allows the fleet b'rel to use the costume lol.

Edit: Yeah I already owned that bop but yet it will work on the c-store b'rel but if you try to use the fleet b'rel which requires a *fleet module* you cannot get the costume on the fleet b'rel :( Seems like if you have to do a rep or grind something up it ends up not working with the kdf :(
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    twam wrote: »
    In case any devs come by: any chance getting it available for the Fleet Brel? I gather it doesn't work there (don't have fleet myself).

^^This! For the love of everything Klingon - this! The B'rothl is such a great skin and it's such a vaste not being able to use it on the fleet B'rel, but only on the C-Store one. Please make it so, devs.! :)
    bitemepwe wrote: »

It is a good day to be Klingon! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    B'Rotlh Bird-of-Prey

Birds-of-Prey are small, fast, and fill a variety of roles for the Empire. They can be used as scouts, raiders, or patrol ships. The B?Rotlh Bird-of-Prey is equipped with a standard cloaking device. They?re vulnerable when cloaked, but their speed and maneuverability make them hard to hit. Also, the Bridge Officer stations on a Bird-of-Prey are mostly universal, which makes them more versatile.

This ship comes with a universal Enhanced Induction Coils console. This console mod can be equipped in any console slot on any of your Klingon ships, and allows you to provide a short duration increase to your weapons and engine power levels. In addition, it repairs disabled weapons and engine subsystems.

To claim:

1. Log into the game on a Klingon character that has an available ship slot, or start a new Klingon character
    2. Visit the in-game C-Store via the button on the minimap
    3. Navigate to the ?Ships? tab on the left
    4. Click on the ?Klingon Class? tab on the top
    5. Scroll down to and click on the ?B?Rotlh Bird-of-Prey? item
    6. Click the ?Claim? button towards the bottom-right of the interface before the date and time below
    7. While this is a starting level ship, perfect for you to command while playing through the revamped Klingon starting content, the ?Enhanced Induction Coils? console that it comes with can be transferred for use on other Klingon ships
    NOTE: Once you own the ship, if it has been discharged, it can be reclaimed via the C-Store or at Ship Requisitions.

This FREE account-wide unlock must be claimed by Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10AM PST when it will revert to its normal price.

We hope you enjoy this Bird-of-Prey, as well as Michael Dorn?s VO, and we?ll see you in-game, Warriors! Qapla?!

Nice I allready have this ship why they don't ask klingons what they would like to have for those who allready own a klingon Char with that ship !!!

It cost me all of 500 zen a few months ago and the alt skin for the B'rel is the sickness BTW.

If this promo gets one new or existing player to roll a KDF Character then I'll consider my zen well spent ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Yeah for those who own it prior to today I would have liked the option to get the KHG costume working again or these ship costumes as well that don't work :(
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Already got the Brothel, but since it's skin can be used on the T5/Fleet B'Rel, it's a nice offer since it means less of those ugly Koloth's flying around. Thanks Cryptic :D
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
This discussion has been closed.