test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Episode Mine Enemy; KDF-allied romulan - 'Rai' won't join my crew as a doff

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Rai This duty officer here.

When you first beam down to the planet, there is an NPC standing right behind you named Rai. Talking to her she is suppose to "join" your crew as a duty officer.

For fed and KDF characters you need to have rank 4 diplomacy/marauding commendation before she will join. However, for romulan republic characters she is suppose to join your crew no matter what rank your diplomacy/marauding commendation is.

Months ago I did this on my fed-allied reman and had less than rank 1 diplomacy. Rai joined my crew when I got to this episode.

However, for my KDF-allied romulan I have rank 3 marauding and she won't join at all. I have 1 available slot in my duty officer roster so I have room for her. Talking to Rai I never get the option to accept her commission to my crew. I suppose I'll have to wait a while and try again when I finally get rank 4 marauding, but that will probably be a few months at the rate I'm going.

This problem was reported MONTHS ago here on the forums so I'm reporting it again. :mad:

Note: This was the very first time I've done this episode on my KDF-allied romulan. I tried leaving the mission, abandoning it, starting it again, and exiting the game to no avail.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ygrezygrez Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what I've read, if you skip the tutorial as a Rom, it doesn't let you get her for free. :(

Also, openning the hidden door doesn't seem to update the mission objective anymore.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I didn't even know about this Doff!!

Well thanks for the heads up and I hope this gets fixed.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've found that Rai won't join unless you talk to her during the Rom Tutorial... but I haven't tried simply running with the "Skip Tutorial: Yes/No" dialog open and talking to her... maybe with my next Rom if I'm feeling the need to test this. Fortunately, D'Vex seems to join you either way.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've found that Rai won't join unless you talk to her during the Rom Tutorial... but I haven't tried simply running with the "Skip Tutorial: Yes/No" dialog open and talking to her... maybe with my next Rom if I'm feeling the need to test this. Fortunately, D'Vex seems to join you either way.

I did skip the tutorial on my romulan without interacting with any NPCs. You guys also reminded me that shortly after LoR launched, there was a thread about this exact thing, 'Rai' not joining your crew. Back then it was determined the cause is from skipping the romulan tutorial.

I created my romulan during the Risa summer event, and by that time I had completely forgotten about Rai and needing to complete the tutorial (or like you suggest, at least talk to the NPC of the same name before skipping it). Too late to delete my romulan since I have Risa accolades, samba dance emotes, Risa outfits and non-combat pet, and did the old project for the recent crystalline entity event to get the 50k dil and crystal shard non-combat pet. At a high price, I could replace the outfits and pet most likely from the exchange, but the other stuff I can't.

As for D'vex, I had no idea about that bridge officer. Looking it up on the STOwiki you get him from the romulan episode 'Devil's Choice'. Don't recall if I've done that episode on my romulan, but my guess as to why he would join your crew even if you skipped the tutorial is because he is a reward you from an episode (probably 1 of 3 boffs you can choose between). And to get Rai as a duty officer, you start the 'Mine Enemy' episode and talk to her after beaming to the planet, so the requirements to get her are different than the boff. The sad thing is, for episodes that offer you a choice between 3 boffs, you only get to choose once. If you replay the episode you can't claim anymore boffs at all.
  • tonecapone2011tonecapone2011 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ygrez wrote: »
    From what I've read, if you skip the tutorial as a Rom, it doesn't let you get her for free. :(

Also, openning the hidden door doesn't seem to update the mission objective anymore.

I also couldn't get the mission to update the objectives past the hidden door either.

I think the problem is larger than that, however. I decided to skip "Mine Enemy" due to this glitch and proceeded to the following mission "Frozen".

It also won't update. Once you destroy the Romulan cruiser and proceed to the next nav beacon, the Reman scout ship will not decloak and, therefore, the mission will not progress.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok. I finally got rank 4 marauding on my romulan allied with KDF, the one I skipped the tutorial with at character creation.

I beamed to the planet in the episode Mine Enemy and talked to Rai. She gave me the marauding option and joined my crew finally. So it's not a lost cause. Just takes a long time to get her because grinding commendation takes forever.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok. I finally got rank 4 marauding on my romulan allied with KDF, the one I skipped the tutorial with at character creation.

I beamed to the planet in the episode Mine Enemy and talked to Rai. She gave me the marauding option and joined my crew finally. So it's not a lost cause. Just takes a long time to get her because grinding commendation takes forever.

That is an interesting discovery, so that my Fed Sci, who does not have rank 4 in diplo, may have to wait to get her then...
  • hellsownsonhellsownson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem can't get her to join

I didn't skip the tutorial as this is my first rom and didn't have the chance to skip it.