test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One recipe drop per WI run - bug or by design? *Resolved*

2»

Comments

• vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've done numerous runs through the gingerbread colony and yes the present can only be obtained from the first person to click on it which is a really stupid idea on the part of the developers, it's leading to people grabbing them and rushing through to the boss leaving the rest of the team to try to save gingerbread people and fight snowmen, 170,000 and up prices for them on the exchange, stuff like that so atleast doing it as a public instance it's a big sloppy mess. That mission is ment to be done as a team effort, therefore the team as a whole should be rewarded for it so every member should get a copy of the recipes. The alternative is change it from a 5 team limit to a mission that can be done solo which is doable, I soloed it myself a number of times when it was still broken and I'd be the only person on the team able to load it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've observed that it is possible for more then one person to get the recipe, but only if the pickup process is started before the first person has finished picking up the recipe. Once the first person has finished, no one else can start the pickup process...
  • tormirtormir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ah, that explains why I've been stuck with all the snowmen, then get a message that I found the recipe, someone runs back and past me since I'm pretty much chain-frozen at that point.

Seems a waste of time. The less interaction with pubbies, the better the game I've noticed. Why do the devs work against this?
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bada4boom wrote: »
    In the post:

We are led to believe that every member of the team will be able to get the recipe. Currently that is not true, only the first one gets it.

Is it a bug or by design?

Oh and sometime I see a system message that I found the recipe but I get nothing in my inventory.

oh contraire, it says but hidden somewhere in the gingerbread colony is a present containing a Winter Holiday Recipe, I took the - a present - to mean that the first person to pick it up gets it.

personally I think each player should get 1 random recipe in the reward present you get at the end along with whatever else is in there, then we could have like card collecting swaps where players would swap ones they have for ones they need.
    as for the system message, cant help there.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First night when it was still glitching, by clicking through the briefing I was actually able to get into an instance...by myself. So I one manned the whole thing. Killed the Yeti, saved a councilman or two, explored everywhere. I went to the spot where the present is....and got the you've got a recipe. But it didn't show up in the inventory.

Since I didn't have the snowblower, one manning the boss fight was more futile than trying to one ship the whole collective, I would knock him down to 2.5 million HP, then he'd summon his army of minions who would freeze me solid for five minutes at a time while full curing the boss.

So even when going by myself, I still wasn't able to get one.

The only time I got one, was in a private queue with a friend, I went and grabbed the recipe after we wasted the Yeti. It was the snail snickerdoodle. I gave it to one of the other guys on the team. He said he hadn't found one earlier in the match and I didn't want to TRIBBLE him.

The fact that we each didn't get one is...disconcerting at best.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
This discussion has been closed.