test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forced PvP (or "Why were Epohh tags removed from Snow piles?")

johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
Regarding the removal of Epohh tags from Snowpiles and making them exclusively available to people who can win Fast and Flurrious.

Why?!

Of all the hair-brained, senseless decisions that seem to have gone into this year's Winter Event, why in the name of God did you basically ruin any chance of getting a Winter Epohh for those of us with less-than-superior ice racing skills?

I implore you to put Tags back into snow piles, or in as rewards for Snowball fights and Gingerbread Colony Invasion, to give those of us who don't want to do PvP - in addition to all the grinding we're now going to have to do - a fighting chance at getting an Epohh.
You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
Post edited by johngazman on

Comments

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Regarding the removal of Epohh tags from Snowpiles and making them exclusively available to people who can win Fast and Flurrious.

Why?!

Of all the hair-brained, senseless decisions that seem to have gone into this year's Winter Event, why in the name of God did you basically ruin any chance of getting a Winter Epohh for those of us with less-than-superior ice racing skills?

I implore you to put Tags back into snow piles, or in as rewards for Snowball fights and Gingerbread Colony Invasion, to give those of us who don't want to do PvP - in addition to all the grinding we're now going to have to do - a fighting chance at getting an Epohh.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I used to enjoy my time in the wonderland. Fight some snowmen, run a race, dig into snowpiles on the off chance of something decent in between.

I wouldn't even mind if they made it an even rarer drop, but please put something in the snowpiles to make it even a little bit worthwhile once youve got a gun.
  • Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hair-brained, indeed. I hate complaining, but I for one cannot understand how Cryptic manages to just get away with taking things away under the guise of 'giving.' The tune is getting old and frankly I am getting ticked off beyond words. This isn't fun at all. I can't wait until a certain other MMO comes out! I won't have to worry about this TRIBBLE again, that's for sure.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, put the tags back in the piles, they're bound and cannot be sold anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    heh, Bran said they got taken out because people were botting the snow piles. that and it took forever to get them from the piles manually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, this is exactly the reason I decided to ignore this years Winter fail event.... that and the damned NPCs in the wonderland who won't shut up for the love of God...
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    heh, Bran said they got taken out because people were botting the snow piles. that and it took forever to get them from the piles manually.

True, but seems they learned some things from last years events and not others.

They got rid of the botters, but they forgot that the Tags were an alternative for players who were bad or couldn't do the PvP race.

Perhaps it could be a reward for the Pie Eating?
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Okay it's not that I don't agree or disagree on many of the points on this subject.

I very much appreciate and like much of what has gone into this years event. As many of you have probably seen on the Chat box the question "Can we still dig and get prizes?" Sadly the answer is no. But the reason's that others give I find intend to be alittle inaccurate. Sure many players where automating the Dig button for the longest time. . But eventually with many players whining about farmers, the extra added snowmen would put a stop to many who thought they could sleep and get allot of goods. This was a fix to that problem and still could be again.

What I find is a lack of something else to do in between Racing, Pie Eating and the Winter Invasion Cool down times. Nor I am much of a racer in comparison to obtaining many Epohh Tags either. Honestly for all that you go through with each event I don't see the Commodity rewards as enough, or at least fast enough for the "Weekend Warrior" to accumulate all they need for one or more characters. Also many who are handicapped I see are saying just as much when it comes to the races and other things.

Which is why I think the Snow pile digging rewards should come back, at least it would gives us something more to do. With the increase in the snowmen out there its not like it's going to be afk farming. . . At least not for me.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tend to agree, while the pie eating contest and invasion mission are nice additions to gain materials from, you still wind up with too much downtime waiting for their cd's to expire along with the wait on the race and snow boss fights.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They do need to return my fleet was very upset as we had a golden time last year talking while digging in the snow.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

Why?!

...I got three words for you..."Stealth Nerfed Exploit"... rotfl :D
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I could care less. I found it tedious and boring after a while.

They just need to add more variety in what we can do to find holiday goodies. Aside from purchasing them outright or the doff system, eating pies, fighting snowmen and saving the gingerbread colony is all we can really do.
  • Options
    matchstick606matchstick606 Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    for epohh tags yes i do agree that the snow piles should pay out but thats it. I'm fine with doing the pie eating contest and snowman overlord to get everything else. maybe with tonights fix to the gingerbread men mission. the payout will be good for grinding out winter items.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    for epohh tags yes i do agree that the snow piles should pay out but thats it. I'm fine with doing the pie eating contest and snowman overlord to get everything else. maybe with tonights fix to the gingerbread men mission. the payout will be good for grinding out winter items.

I'd be happy with this.

Those snow piles may have been exploited by a few, but the many used them to fill the time between other winter events and chatting with fleet mates.

It was kind of odd how social digging in snow piles got last year.

There needs to be a reason to dig in those piles once youve bought yourself a snow weapon.

Epohh tags would do.
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited December 2013

According the Release Notes there is no added payout for said events. As has been stated many smaller fleets as well are in dire need for Commodities for their projects, which is another reason to bring snowpile digging rewards back.
  • Options
    roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Last years winter event had the chance of getting the winter commodities by gathering the snowballs from the snow piles dotted around the map, however this year you can't? this is kinda stupid (in my opinion) because the rate of the snowman event is like every 12 minutes and you get like 3-5 commodities (i have YET to get the Bajoran beads) and you have the pie eating contest which awards like 2 and you have the winter invasion which I have no idea the number you are rewarded with as i have been booted from every queue i queue for... however i am assuming you are rewarded with about 5 (ASSUMING!!) anyways so all in all you get about 15 commodities for about 30 minutes work, where as if you had the random snowball drops too you could bring that up too about 30 by continuously doing it. And seeing as its a quick way of earning the commodities last year all they could do to improve the drops would be to increase the beads and bell drop rates...

Well that was my rant for today :p
    long story short i have no idea why the random snowball drops where "dropped"
    from the game and if you would consider bringing it back for more holiday cheer :D
    im sure Q wouldn't mind :P
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I AGREE!!!!!!!!Without the drops its been less fun.:mad:
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agree.

If the problem was with people who macroed the snow piles, then maybe the commodities can be placed inside a wrapper that has to be opened within a certain amount of time, or else it goes away just like how the snowballs 'melt'.

This will prevent people from benefiting substantially by macroing the dig unattended.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Agree.

If the problem was with people who macroed the snow piles, then maybe the commodities can be placed inside a wrapper that has to be opened within a certain amount of time, or else it goes away just like how the snowballs 'melt'.

This will prevent people from benefiting substantially by macroing the dig unattended.

I could easily live with that seeing how I am always at the keyboard when digging.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree completely. I'm afraid I won't be grinding these commodities for the fun winter snowball cannon stuff.

I still have my dailies for dilithium and fleet holdings stuff to grind for. Was really hoping this event would be more about the fun, than just adding more grind.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    roboticzebraroboticzebra Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Agree.

That is a great idea! i would do that but even having them not go away and having them not stack would still limit the amount of commodities gained from people who Macrod
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They could even call it a clockbox. You dig up 25 snowballs and one "Winter Commodities Clockbox" which awards you a random drop of winter commodities, but if you don't open it within 30 minutes, you just lose it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    "SEASON 9 MEANS LESS GRIND"

They add even more grind then ever before:confused:

PEOPLE ARE GETTING SICK OF THE GRINDFEST AND YOU ARE TAKING AWAY EVERYTHING THAT EASED THE BLOW FOR EVERYBODY. CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE LOSING PAYING COSTUMERS OR DO YOU NOT CARE?
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the main reason that they removed the snow pile tags & rewards was that there were a lot of complaints about how boring it was spending hours digging in the snow and the just ending up with an inventory full of unwanted snowballs to discard for hardly any rewards.
    you can now get the same rewards from playing the pie eating contest and doing the gingerbread mission that sounds like much more fun.
    however I cant see why they didn't leave the snow pile rewards there for people who wanted to do it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Problem is we dont get the same amount of reward or even the same rewards we got tags in the snow last year now the ONLY way is to win that race, which of course many of us cant do against other players. they introduced a horrible amount of grind and I dont like it. I instead find myself not caring if I ever go back there, between the NPC barking at us constantly, the grinding, and lack of things to do half the time. they nerfed macro farming and added a ton of suck. I have heard from more people not just myself that it "SUCKS, I'm gonna play something else":mad:
  • Options
    landrydaelandrydae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was bored with this Event 3 minutes after I arrived. Too many timed cool-downs and nothing to do in between. Summer event was far better. The statue hunt and dance party were back-to-back, so you were able to constantly earn rewards. Now? I spend too much time doing nothing productive.

Quite frankly, I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to even bother playing this game.
  • Options
    unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    landrydae wrote: »
    I was bored with this Event 3 minutes after I arrived. Too many timed cool-downs and nothing to do in between. Summer event was far better. The statue hunt and dance party were back-to-back, so you were able to constantly earn rewards. Now? I spend too much time doing nothing productive.

Quite frankly, I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to even bother playing this game.

Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    orbdamorbdam Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What are we supposed to do when the race, invasion and pie eating are cooling down?

There is absolutely nothing to do to get those commodities, except to buy them from the exchange (very expensive). Last year I focused on getting those breen ships for my characters (and had to take 2 months break from STO after the event due to burnout from ice running) and now I was thinking of focusing more to the other activities this wonderland offers. But there is nothing to do and whenever I see the PvP race starting, it overlaps with my pie eating or snowman fighting.

This doesn't look good and I'm already starting to dislike the whole Q event again. The holiday spirit is already pretty much ruined. :mad:
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Regarding the title "Forced PvP". That is not thrue. Fast and Flurious is a PvP race, but everybody that finishes gets two tags. You can ignore all the other players and turn it for yourself into a PvE event.

I even think tag collecting goes faster this way even the race has a cooldown, than going pile digging which you could do last year.