test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance (December 5, 2013, 10pm PST) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tonight at 10PM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch that will address some of the issues reported with the Winter Event. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok...if it works for your testers but not for holodeck, there are 2 possible explanations.

Either your testers aren't doing their jobs (not trying the map switch command is pretty big), or your test server has different code.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are like 10,000 things wrong with the whole Winter Wonderland.... Betcha only two things get fixed.

This message appears to have been edited to remove any mention of the leaked klingon ship which is a direct reskin of the Avenger-class. Or maybe in my currently drunken state I only THINK I mentioned this situation.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since the maintenance wont be happening for another 6.5 hours from now and will take 2 hours to complete, making that 8.5 hours until a lot of us will be actually able to take part in the event properly... It might be a good idea to extend the event by at least 1 day.

Makes sense, yes?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I doubt it will include the Leech and FAW thing...
    Not entirely sure if the FAW Accuracy thing is a thing...
    Also not entirely sure if the FAW CrtH thing is a thing either...
    ...but thanks for fixing the FAW Tet thing!
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 505 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the update Brandon.
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2013
    winters83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update Brandon.

Aye!!! Indeed!!!

So far I like the new updates to the Q's Land!! :)

Readable Font: *Highlight*
    Aye!!! Indeed!!!

So far I like the new updates to the Q's Land!! :)
  • willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same thing last year it took a couple of days to get all the bugs fixed.
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    willomally wrote: »
    Same thing last year it took a couple of days to get those same bugs fixed.

Fixed it for you. :D There just seems to be a large amount of zombie bugs in STO. They get fixed and re-awaken with a new patch/season...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2013
    Hey Brandon,

Since you guys are doing a patch this afternoon, I would like to make a quick short request...

For the Q's Winter Wounder land, the Pie Eating Contest Breen is too close to the "Winter Invasion" Queue Area... Would it be too much to ask if you guys could move the Pie Eating Contest Breen to the right closer to the Pie Table... so that way if someone is running to the Breen, they wont accidentally hit "Winter Invasion" Queue, this happens to me every single time and it gets annoying!!!

So again... could it be possible to move the Pie Eating Breen to the Pie Table a lill bit...

Also, to add to that Brandon... "The Fast and The Flurious" Event is broken... I've waited 1 hour and the event never started, besides 1 time... that was when I logged in...

Readable Font: *highlight*
    Hey Brandon,

Since you guys are doing a patch this afternoon, I would like to make a quick short request...

For the Q's Winter Wounder land, the Pie Eating Contest Breen is too close to the "Winter Invasion" Queue Area... Would it be too much to ask if you guys could move the Pie Eating Contest Breen to the right closer to the Pie Table... so that way if someone is running to the Breen, they wont accidentally hit "Winter Invasion" Queue, this happens to me every single time and it gets annoying!!!

So again... could it be possible to move the Pie Eating Breen to the Pie Table a lill bit...

Also, to add to that Brandon... "The Fast and The Flurious" Event is broken... I've waited 1 hour and the event never started, besides 1 time... that was when I logged in...
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Damage on target effects like APB and Plasmonic Leech etc does not work any more with FAW after today's patch (except for phaser beams).

Cryptic fixed the critical not working bug but created new FAW bugs.
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bring back snowball prizes, it really sucks without it, quite honestly it was the only reason why we stayed in the event last year and I was looking forward to it all year. you guys took the best seasonal event and made it "meh"
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Damage on target effects like APB and Plasmonic Leech etc does not work any more with FAW after today's patch (except for phaser beams).

Cryptic fixed the critical not working bug but created new FAW bugs.

That's just Cryptic being true to their reputation. Something broken? let's break it even more...
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    I think my torp spreads are now healing enemies!! At least it seems that way.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bring back snowball prizes, it really sucks without it, quite honestly it was the only reason why we stayed in the event last year and I was looking forward to it all year. you guys took the best seasonal event and made it "meh"
    I've not been here last year, but my friend told me, that you could get random stuff by just digging the snowballs, which was perhaps random, but it still provided some relaxing, chill out activity, with chance to earn stuff, rather than standing around and not doing anything, because you are on a cooldown. Now, there's too much waiting around/timers, which kind of make it boring.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thank the bot farmers for not having the snowball piles dropping goodies this year. get out and run the content if you want goodies instead of farming them by methods that violate TOS.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    I doubt it will include the Leech and FAW thing...
    Not entirely sure if the FAW Accuracy thing is a thing...
    Also not entirely sure if the FAW CrtH thing is a thing either...
    ...but thanks for fixing the FAW Tet thing!

It's a thing, and it's being investigated. It looks like anything attached while FAWing (leech, APB, etc.) is a bit funky at the moment.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well...I wasn't going to be heading into the WE right now anyways. Time to find out if 18897741 is truly dead and the War has been won by Cryptic!
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hey Brandon,

The pie eating contest you can do every 15 minutes. As for fast and flurious, yes, they messed with the timers from and it seems to only come up once per hour and at the same time as the snowmen event. You used to be able to do it twice each hour.

The worst part is having removed the commodities from the snow piles because getting the uncommon ones is a pain. It seems the drop rate got worse for them this year. I have at least 12 of each of the others and just 1 uncommon of the Bajoran beads. I know that eventually I'll get enough for all the costumes and weapons since I play 5 days a week, but the casual players are out of luck unless they spend lobi or EC. Please consider hiking up the uncommon drop rate a bit. Right now it's extremely low.

One other thing, the whole single present in the new Winter Invasion PvE. With how little teamwork there is in this game, it's just a greedy race to be the first one to get the recipe for those who need to collect all. I haven't seen the Exchange, but I'm sure people that have gotten those are profiting nice.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
    edited December 2013
    Patch notes are now available for viewing here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=943991

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • greivengreiven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just be happy you all have been able to at least check it out. cant get back on since last night. "idle too long" "unable to connect". and yes checked support and all that jazz. did all the stuff. just hope it works tomorrow
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Awesome, the 200 mark boxes aren't being retconned to 100s! Are the old summer boxes also being retconned into 200s?
  • zenthian01zenthian01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I seen the new kdf ship, mogh I think, any idea how long until the bug keeping it from buying will get fixed? I do really like the new ship, looks like fun and want to fly it!:D
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's a thing, and it's being investigated. It looks like anything attached while FAWing (leech, APB, etc.) is a bit funky at the moment.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

protip, stop messing with it then
    pvp = small package
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    protip, stop messing with it then

Not that there was anything fundamentally wrong with it to begin with... except some people dying too often to it in PVP I guess.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    so just a hopefull question that I want to leave here. Could it be possible in the future through the lobi store or another way or holiday gift, to be able to convert the snowball weapons into usable combat weapons? sofar we only have three ice type weapons for normal combat and these could be rather fun to have in normal ground combat.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not that there was anything fundamentally wrong with it to begin with... except some people dying too often to it in PVP I guess.

There were some bugs that made it more powerful than it should be, however they keep messing with it and breaking it further. First it didn't crit, second it doesn't apply apb leech etc. If they had left it alone none of this would have happened.
    pvp = small package
    edited December 2013
    I've updated the patch notes. The "Known Issues" section has been removed, and this note has been added to the "General" section:
    • Resolved an issue which was removing players from the Winter Invasion queue event after loading into the map.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And when does this patch go live?
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you guys reduce the radius of the VA screaming the same stuff over and over again? I'm tired of standing on top of the Bank/Exchange Q and getting all three actors screaming about their Snuggly Peace-Eppoh Recipie Business and how much they have to scream Q's praises....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
This discussion has been closed.