test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• kevinp011367kevinp011367 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well anytime maintenance windows get pushed, the devs are under the phaser and will be rushing, should be fun once the gates are open...
  • c0mbustiblelemonc0mbustiblelemon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's that this event happens only once every year and yet they still manage to mess it up somehow! :mad:
  • sfdrew83sfdrew83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ooops, posted to wrong thread somehow.
  • alucardparisalucardparis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why does everyone pop up asking for compensation when things like this happen? I'm not just ******** here, I'm genuinely curious. It doesn't happen in other places, people just deal with it, or ***** and moan, but they don't actually ask for free stuff.
    This guy has never been on eve's forums lols I really would like to just go read some of them if you think this is rage or that cryptic sucks look ccp and there ragers lawls
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This post has been covered in snow and excitement which is caused by Cryptic and Q's Winter department and Offices. ~Stoutes
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jengofire wrote: »
    you spelt a few of those wrong, but nice thought :P

S'goodnuff. lol
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh get over it people. If they have to extend the maintenance, there is probably a very good reason. So, they said 3 hours? Well guess what, real life happens.

Bottom line, do you want it done quick or done right.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Don't know if someone has posted this yet, but it will help pass the time ...
    http://youtu.be/oiSn2JuDQSc
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    They got distracted by this:

http://youtu.be/oi7KPDi_yQI?t=3m5s
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This guy has never been on eve's forums lols I really would like to just go read some of them if you think this is rage or that cryptic sucks look ccp and there ragers lawls

Dude, CCP is evil incarnate. Their devs are outright abusive. Cryptic's worst TRIBBLE-ups look like jesus healing random bystanders by comparison.
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just gonna leave this here for the impatient trolls:

sto nerds...
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you like role playing? This is a good moment to meet your ships counsellor ;)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Regular Day

"I hate playing a broken game!"

Update Day

"I hate not playing a broken game!"

You know, I didn't want to say anything in the thread...heh, but that was pretty damn funny.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was easily exploited via setting your keyboard to automatically dig for you; it's sad that players choosing to use that method ruined it for everyone :(

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It's sadder that this scapegoating nonsense happens. "Any mentally challenged chimpanzee could figure out the obvious way to easily do this that the devs left in, so since some people did the obvious we ruined it for everyone by removing it, but we'll blame the few people who didn't take anything from anyone instead of manning up." :rolleyes:
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the devs need to add bottles and pacifiers to the game so we can hear less whining.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok your interfering with my shoving my snow blower up a snowmans butt and pulling the trigger.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They always extend the maintenance time, you should know that. They always say 3 hours, and it is always more than that, often 1 more hour. Get used to it. But yes, at least they should be sure everything works like hm, im not going to say perfect, but close enough..

If they would use some common sense, 2 hours down time, we will say 3 hours and if it comes back on line before they will all be happy..

But that would not have worked today,,,
  • grande19grande19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you go forward so the maintenance will this summer we year put less time to insert the Dyson sphere: (: (: (: (: Mad:
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They got distracted by this:

http://youtu.be/oi7KPDi_yQI?t=3m5s

Ah, good one! :D
    edited December 2013
    Lets not forget: This is the least busy period. Only few players are having downtime right now, that means.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now taking bets on "How long it takes someone to post a thread with a complaint about Q's Winter Wonderland 2013" from the time the server turns on.

Opening bid is 5 minutes.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • alucardparisalucardparis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

That had less to do with he bush law and more to do with local muni and county laws for example ASD in Anchorage AK requires a certain amount of passing for extra funding to go to charter schools and to schools who are not qualifying for fed funding so schools either push for more parents to apply for reduced lunch cost which is how the fed gauges the wealth of a school population o they Make their kids pass by grading on a curve or outright cheating this is not an uncommon problem and will persist everywhere plz dnt blame a political entity for something you dnt understand
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh get over it people. If they have to extend the maintenance, there is probably a very good reason. So, they said 3 hours? Well guess what, real life happens.

Bottom line, do you want it done quick or done right.

....or you want to test things not at the last minute ...
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok your interfering with my shoving my snow blower up a snowmans butt and pulling the trigger.

OH MY::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    edited December 2013
    If you don't know what to do, just answer this question and take your time for it?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Lets not forget: This is the least busy period. Only few players are having downtime right now, that means.

Like the whole of Europe you mean? Yeah, that's ok.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by another 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 12pm/ Noon PST (64 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Look, if you want to skip out on the Community Party just say so, but stop "extending the maintenance window" until it runs past the first event already! :P
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    OH MY::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I just heard that post in George Takai's voice....
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now taking bets on "How long it takes someone to post a thread with a complaint about Q's Winter Wonderland 2013" from the time the server turns on.

Opening bid is 5 minutes.

30 seconds. I bet you 500000 ZEN.
This discussion has been closed.