What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (December 5, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    skaar89skaar89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    LOOL Brandon you do not know to take comment as man, so you delete it. . .I see you are doing good job as Community Manager. . .
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What happened after my wife just told me the STO maintenance is still going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GkEhwOxKgY

;)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Does ranting, raving, whining and complaining actually burn offline calories?

No didn't you get the memo that who ever whines and complains the most gets the special cry baby reward
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tosalen wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

hahaha. additions.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    helltrooper509helltrooper509 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Such an awsome job of letting us know what is going on, right? It would be nice to know whats the problem instead of being strung along to the tease us. A message like "Sorry, we f*d the programs, or we f*d up and updated to wrong version." Instead of the we are extending, oh and by the way we are extending it again. :confused:
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Or they could have done it like the Academy event - dig once and then have to move to the next pile to dig again.

Simple solution, therefore no chance...

I loved WW last year, ran around like a kid, smacked snowmen, went from pile to pile, grabbed me some nice goodies and recommended to at least 3 friends to jump in and play. Managed to equip BOTH my Fed and KDF chars (yup, just one of each) with some nice clobber (Scarf, Coat and Boots). Ran the race (before and after patch), got myself a Chell Grett. Played for 30 days (I.E. more than the grind, just for fun!) in total and was sad to see it go...

C'est la Vie, Mort, Guerre, Amor!? ;)
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Come on. Don't get so angry. I remember when I played another MMO by a rival company and on some patch days their downtime was as long as 12 hours. Heck, one time it was over 2 days. Imagine that.

A few hours is not that bad. Go for a walk, head out for lunch.

I remember this one time SOE had a one month downtime because of the PSN hack. You couldnt even access your account info to control subscriptions (like canceling or what have you)
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They always extend the maintenance time, you should know that. They always say 3 hours, and it is always more than that, often 1 more hour. Get used to it. But yes, at least they should be sure everything works like hm, im not going to say perfect, but close enough..
  • Options
    punkosrpunkosr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    skaar89 wrote: »
    LOOL Brandon you do not know to take comment as man, so you delete it. . .I see you are doing good job as Community Manager. . .

lawl that explains the long as patch
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So... if the Pie-eating contest is going to replace snow-pile digging, when will we get to learn more about it?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let me guess... The server will actually be back up in 15 or 30 minutes and you'll then be claiming the "Miracle Worker" title? Am I right? I'm right, right?

Right? :P

Nope - they can't claim that after the first delay.
  • Options
    jengofirejengofire Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yup this is getting old, but at least it's something new in the game and that Startrek Offline is still holding true to its name :)

Some consistency is always appreciated lol.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Wow, something got screwed up.

I blame the fog in New England.

I blame the Boston Tea Party. They should never have dumped the tea in the harbor. (Tea-flavored seawater ... ick.) Maybe they had dilutions of grandeur.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No didn't you get the memo that who ever whines and complains the most gets the special cry baby reward

Is that a Steam achievement?
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    YEAH!!! STOP MAKING SURE IT WORKS WE WANT IT BROKEN LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I love the Forums on the Holidays!!!!

ppppppppppppp

Im not sure i would no how to play it if it wasent broken,,,,:)
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Scotty would have told us from the beginning that maintenance would take from 7:00 to 13:00 and then been done by now.;)

Alternatively, Scotty would give the exact time, and then be done two hours before that time. But they don't have him, so that is the real problem right there. ( The real time is of course +2 nonetheless. ) :P

---
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If these delays continue, it will make the roll-out of a certain govenment healthcare website look good in comparison.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves!"
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Regular Day

"I hate playing a broken game!"

Update Day

"I hate not playing a broken game!"
    <3
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Regular Day

Update Day

Best... post... ever.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    kelryerkelryer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

We're going to extend our maintenance window by another 60 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 12pm/ Noon PST (64 minutes from now). If that changes, I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Arrgh again.
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    It was easily exploited, so I understand why it was removed. What was it replaced with?
    johngazman wrote: »
    Not sure how that "ruined it for everyone", unless that refers to Cryptic having to remove it.

In which case I feel compelled to point out that you didn't have to remove it ;)
    hypl wrote: »
    Why not just make the snow piles reset every 20 hours? Make them reward a chunk of random goodies, maybe a shot at something rare?

All that this removal does is reward those individuals that macroed those piles for hundreds of hours.

There are plenty of ways to make those piles less macroable. For one, making them a non-instant respawn would be interesting. Just have them non-interactive for a one minute cooldown.

There are many of us that play "at work" due to the fact that we have time to interact with friends and STO has content that is able to be played with limited attention. Removing this ability to "farm items" is, to put it bluntly, cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

From just what I was forced to do while actually sitting in front of the game, the vast majority of the "macro campers" had to be close to their computer if they wanted to keep farming, due to the snowmen aggro around the piles.

I'm just saying that this is a disappointment, that's all. But I have gotten used to disappointing "fixes" from Cryptic. So I will ignore that the problem could have been fixed by simply adding a timer to the object call of the digging pile and laugh.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They're struggling to replace hampsters. Apparently the local supply ven- I mean, pet store, ran out. :P
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    STO is already running for years, so also this downtime will pass, just relax and enjoy ...
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm guessing the length of time is due to dealing with the bugs. there were plenty of them on game. Hopefully cryptic has sorted out all of them. well we can hope.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why does everyone pop up asking for compensation when things like this happen? I'm not just ******** here, I'm genuinely curious. It doesn't happen in other places, people just deal with it, or ***** and moan, but they don't actually ask for free stuff.

entitlement mentality?
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    If these delays continue, it will make the roll-out of a certain govenment healthcare website look good in comparison.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves!"

...Making that healthcare website roll-out look good is far beyond the power of Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Or I could have watched ST Into Darkness.
    Just a friendly advice, you'd better not.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Oh well, lets all enjoy some Bohemian Rhapsody then while we wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi7KPDi_yQI#t=22
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Regular Day

Update Day

Just lol...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.