test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

15% Off Autumn Ship Sale! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
From now until 10AM PST on Monday, December 2, 2013, we are having a 15% off sale on all ships*! Now is the perfect time to purchase the ship you've always dreamt of commanding.

*Only includes C-Store ships; the Avenger is excluded.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Why not the Avenger? That ship is more then a month old on the Zen Store
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why not the Avenger? That ship is more then a month old on the Zen Store

They usually excuse the most recent ship from ship sales. But now... TIME TO SPEND THOSE SAVED UP ZEN AND DIL.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If I bought a ship yesterday, can I get my 15% back?
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Couple days early huh? Kewl. I guess the Cryptic people didn't want to be in on Friday either. :D
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Branflakes, your treacherous sale of treachery twisted my arm, consider that falchion warbird purchased!
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eee! And I still have my $20 card... but, what ship? The Advanced Research Science Vessel? Oooh, o-or maybe I should give my Romulan Eng captain a new ship...!

Augh, the possibilities are endless!
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    .. And I just bought the Andorian pack...

DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HEEEELLLLLLL!

*Charlton Heston fist shaking*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skaar89skaar89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    LOOL, 15%. . .Tnx but you can keep it. . .
  • Options
    siskobsiskob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Cryptic,

Start by correcting any bugs that you added with the season 8 and maybe after we'll pay
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From now until 10AM PST on Monday, December 2, 2013, we are having a 15% off sale on all ships*! Now is the perfect time to purchase the ship you've always dreamt of commanding.

*The Avenger is excluded.

You guys are INCREDIBLE!! And I don't mean that in a good way. Plenty of people still have issues even launching the game, people have lost out on the "Free Lobi" due to your inept coding skills, and here you go launching yet another promotion, without having first verified that the previous "Game crashes at launch" issue has been fixed or not.
    siskob wrote: »
    Hey Cryptic,

Start by correcting any bugs that you added with the season 8 and maybe after we'll pay

Couldn't have said it better myself.

While there are some ships I may be interested in getting, i'll be passing on this offer. I'm perfectly content with the ship(s) i'm in, and have no need to pad your wallets with additional coin for ships i'm likely only to use for a short time.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *sigh*

Throw in a ZEN sale and you have my money for the Vesta pack without delay!

Otherwise ... must ... resist ...
  • Options
    trekgeektechtrekgeektech Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thought ship sales were 20%...
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I KNEW they were going to do a ship sale soon, whether it'd be during Thanksgiving or around Christmas! Good thing I saved up my ZEN! :cool:
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First. Thank you
    Second. Wow Brandon, your boss sure does make your job hard for you, sometimes I envy you, but times like this I'm glad to work construction.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just bought the Avenger and Ark'if Carrier 2 weeks ago and the Scimitar triple pack and Valdor 1 week ago! This is a royal bummer an makes me feel a little sick to my stomach.

How about refunding 1650z to my account since I purchased my ships so close to this sale?
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    skaar89skaar89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see no comments from @pwebranflakes, that is good enough evidence that hey are aware of all of this and they do not know what to say rather than we will take you money. . .

PwE & Cryptic you can keep your 15% and stop make a fools of us. . .
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For those saying fix the crashes, it's not affecting everyone. A good portion, sure, but not everyone

And either way, the timing is simple; do it now, and they don't have to work through Thanksgiving. You'd probably all do the same :P

Now, to see which ship will be used on my end... :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any chance this includes fleet ship modules?
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trek21 wrote: »
    For those saying fix the crashes, it's not affecting everyone. A good portion, sure, but not everyone

And either way, the timing is simple; do it now, and they don't have to work through Thanksgiving. You'd probably all do the same :P

Now, to see which ship will be used on my end... :D

Typical blind-sighted Cryptic defender. "It doesn't effect me, so why should I care?". It may be a small minority that are effected by the bug. That same minority are also potential customers who are unable to access the game in any meaningful way, thus a fair amount of lost potential revenue during this "sale".

One would think Cryptic would be more inclined to get ALL of their players/potential customers able to play the game, BEFORE a sale.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thought ship sales were 20%...

Oh, those good old times!

They stopped with 20% sales after LoR.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could have made a sale if the Avenger was included.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They already have the newer hotness Obelisk Carrier needing an 800 Lobi purchase to complete the console set.
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Talk about bad timing, the last day of the LTI sale on StarCitizen, so my spending cash for the next few months is gone (well except Xmas presents).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    xsi1e wrote: »
    I just bought the Avenger and Ark'if Carrier 2 weeks ago and the Scimitar triple pack and Valdor 1 week ago! This is a royal bummer an makes me feel a little sick to my stomach.

How about refunding 1650z to my account since I purchased my ships so close to this sale?
    I have this one rule: I buy ships only during sales so I won't have to fell like you do now. Just a bit of patience is required.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    Typical blind-sighted Cryptic defender. "It doesn't effect me, so why should I care?". It may be a small minority that are effected by the bug. That same minority are also potential customers who are unable to access the game in any meaningful way, thus a fair amount of lost potential revenue during this "sale".

One would think Cryptic would be more inclined to get ALL of their players/potential customers able to play the game, BEFORE a sale.
    Typical? My point was to say it's not as bad as everyone's saying, that was all. Not that it shouldn't be fixed (which I admit in hindsight was a mistake not to mention)

And either way, like I said, the timing for the sale still fits. And sometimes issues can't delay a sale, no matter how much we or they wish otherwise

Edit: Also, I've been here since Open Beta, with all that implies. So I'm even further away from the definition of typical, in this case :)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    not a surprise, they always do a sale of some sort right before/after they release new grind. at the same time,....damn my wife for going into labor..and me away from my credit card....
  • Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Three days after I bought the Scimitar 3-pack. Ouch.
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please fix the bugs preventing us from getting in the game. We cant buy sale items since you removed the store from your website.

I've got 1700 zen just waiting to buy a nice new Excelsior. Been wanting one for over a year.

Might even be able to scrape up enough for a Defiant or D'dex as well if you get us back in soon.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh sweet this will help me out on my next purchase. I am after the Andorian ship for my Tac officer. Other option would be the Galaxy-R or another Romulan ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
This discussion has been closed.