• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No FaW or exchange fix...disappointing.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2013
    wrote:
    General:

Resolved a crash that was occurring when loading into the Crystalline Catastrophe event.
    Equipped consumable items will no longer be placed into the inventory when used.
    Resolved a graphics issue which was causing some players to see distorted images and backgrounds.
    The tertiary attack of the Voth Shocktrooper Cannon may no longer be used in Social Zones.

Known Issues:

A crash is occurring for some at the loading screen after launching STO.
    The mission "Mine Enemy" cannot be completed.
    The Romulan EV suit light is in the wrong spot.

I appreciate the consumables fix hopefully the graphix glitch is truly fixed allso getting tired of seeing these kinda screens:

Pic-1 Pic-2 Pic-3

Kinda felt like I was playing an old Commadore 64 game sometimes :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alvarogarayalvarogaray Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some one said it best. With the Graphics I am prone to Siezures and am missing out on the Featured episode because when I hit ludicris speed I go plaid and meet my good friend the floor. I love playing but with the graphics bugging it makes me sick. Keep up the good work and Hopfuly the graphics get fixed so I can play with out the risk of dying. that would be bad for me and bad for bisiness.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    I appreciate the consumables fix hopefully the graphix glitch is truly fixed allso getting tired of seeing these kinda screens:

Pic-1 Pic-2 Pic-3

At least the graphics trouble doesn't make it look as bare-bones as old Net-Trek graphics. Although that was a fun game.

Also, once more into the Breach.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tanqqueestadortanqqueestador Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With all the other issues that are known I would Personally have liked to see the entire game taken down at 3:00am Thursday ....to FIX everything that can possibly be fixed, and than back on like Friday Morning at 3am....

a Complete rework of graphic issues, lag time, Missions not being able to be completed....should all be a addressed.....taking down 2 hours here and 3 hours there is not really a fix its just an inconvenience to us all.
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The tertiary attack of the Voth Shocktrooper Cannon may no longer be used in Social Zones.

so it was the shocktrooper cannon that was doing that... (tbh the item image looks nothing like the actual thing)

but thank the lord! Drozana be saved!!! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With all the other issues that are known I would Personally have liked to see the entire game taken down at 3:00am Thursday ....to FIX everything that can possibly be fixed, and than back on like Friday Morning at 3am....

a Complete rework of graphic issues, lag time, Missions not being able to be completed....should all be a addressed.....taking down 2 hours here and 3 hours there is not really a fix its just an inconvenience to us all.

So you would have the entire Cryptic staff sit and code like monkeys on a national American holiday that is meant to celebrate thankfulness and togetherness with family and friends and drunken Football mishaps? Are you a monster, sir?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    So you would have the entire Cryptic staff sit and code like monkeys on a national American holiday that is meant to celebrate thankfulness and togetherness with family and friends and drunken Football mishaps? Are you a monster, sir?

think uve missed the point of ur own holiday lol which does not suprise me as 98% of all Americans cant point to America on a world map, then again a "World Atlas" is a rare book in America but thats off topic lol

for all of you who are not doing it and dont know it..

(in North America) an annual national holiday marked by religious observances and a traditional meal. The holiday commemorates a harvest festival celebrated by the Pilgrim Fathers in 1621, and is held in the US on the fourth Thursday in November. A similar holiday is held in Canada, usually on the second Monday in October.

Prayers of thanks and special thanksgiving ceremonies are common among almost all religions after harvests and at other times.The Thanksgiving holiday's history in North America is rooted in English traditions dating from the Protestant Reformation. It also has aspects of a harvest festival, even though the harvest in New England occurs well before the late-November date on which the modern Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated.

In the English tradition, days of thanksgiving and special thanksgiving religious services became important during the English Reformation in the reign of Henry VIII and in reaction to the large number of religious holidays on the Catholic calendar. Before 1536 there were 95 Church holidays, plus 52 Sundays, when people were required to attend church and forego work and sometimes pay for expensive celebrations. The 1536 reforms reduced the number of Church holidays to 27, but some Puritans, the radical reformers of their age, wished to completely eliminate all Church holidays, including Christmas and Easter. The holidays were to be replaced by specially called Days of Fasting or Days of Thanksgiving, in response to events that the Puritans viewed as acts of special providence. Unexpected disasters or threats of judgement from on high called for Days of Fasting. Special blessings, viewed as coming from God, called for Days of Thanksgiving. For example, Days of Fasting were called on account of drought in 1611, floods in 1613, and plagues in 1604 and 1622. Days of Thanksgiving were called following the victory over the Spanish Armada in 1588 and following the deliverance of Queen Anne in 1705. An unusual annual Day of Thanksgiving began in 1606 following the failure of the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 and developed into Guy Fawkes Day.

Thanksgiving, currently celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November by federal legislation in 1941, has been an annual tradition in the United States by presidential proclamation since 1863 and by state legislation since the Founding Fathers of the United States. Historically, Thanksgiving began as a tradition of celebrating the harvest of the year.

or what some call a excuse to eat fatty food and get fat a normal day then in America
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So here's my recap of what I've seen:
    --FAW is not critting. This doesn't affect my main toon or my Klingon as much because I use cannons, turrets, and scatter volley, but it's bad on my Fed, who's in a beam-boat sovvie maxed for tanking and getting his butt kicked in every mission I try to run. This is well-known, and a major issue for a lot of people.
    --Exchange has a glitch with price per unit. Also well-known, but not as much of an issue.
    --Foundry is still half-broken. Spotlights are (mostly) back up, but many missions are still offline and the loot cap has been removed. I farmed over three million energy credits in like two hours with a foundry farm mission. Although i like this, it's going to break the economy more efficiently than a maxed-out quantum torpedo with 3x crit severity mods.
    --Just fix Mine Enemy already. Please.
    --People are still having login issues; I'd estimate around a quarter of the game, maybe a little less.
    --Less important stuff: Some Defera stuff is broken, but that's only an issue if you're bored with grinding battlezone. It is possible to get stuck in the "floor" while killing the dreadnought in the Breach if you hit the wrong singularity button.

Good stuff:
    --Battlezone. It's less laggy than New Romulus, and you can farm dil SO easily. One hour with a good success and daily missions gets you 8k dil, easily. Please do NOT change this.
    --Featured Episodes rerun. Even though Mine Enemy is broken, endgame players (like my rommie) are still getting tons of benefit out of this. PLEASE do this again for the next update.
    --New fixes. Seriously, the Drozana trolling was getting out of hand, but ESD was a freaking madhouse at times.

Also, I agree with the guys who have been saying that you should've given it another week or two on Tribble. Some of these bugs are just ridiculous.

worffan101
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    So here's my recap of what I've seen:
    --FAW is not critting. This doesn't affect my main toon or my Klingon as much because I use cannons, turrets, and scatter volley, but it's bad on my Fed, who's in a beam-boat sovvie maxed for tanking and getting his butt kicked in every mission I try to run. This is well-known, and a major issue for a lot of people.
    --Exchange has a glitch with price per unit. Also well-known, but not as much of an issue.
    --Foundry is still half-broken. Spotlights are (mostly) back up, but many missions are still offline and the loot cap has been removed. I farmed over three million energy credits in like two hours with a foundry farm mission. Although i like this, it's going to break the economy more efficiently than a maxed-out quantum torpedo with 3x crit severity mods.
    --Just fix Mine Enemy already. Please.
    --People are still having login issues; I'd estimate around a quarter of the game, maybe a little less.
    --Less important stuff: Some Defera stuff is broken, but that's only an issue if you're bored with grinding battlezone. It is possible to get stuck in the "floor" while killing the dreadnought in the Breach if you hit the wrong singularity button.

Good stuff:
    --Battlezone. It's less laggy than New Romulus, and you can farm dil SO easily. One hour with a good success and daily missions gets you 8k dil, easily. Please do NOT change this.
    --Featured Episodes rerun. Even though Mine Enemy is broken, endgame players (like my rommie) are still getting tons of benefit out of this. PLEASE do this again for the next update.
    --New fixes. Seriously, the Drozana trolling was getting out of hand, but ESD was a freaking madhouse at times.

Also, I agree with the guys who have been saying that you should've given it another week or two on Tribble. Some of these bugs are just ridiculous.

worffan101

+googol on the above :)
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Equipped consumable items will no longer be placed into the inventory when used.
    Resolved a graphics issue which was causing some players to see distorted images and backgrounds

GREAT :eek::eek:

Now fix the nonexistent crth when faw is used, and kdf outfits !!!
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »

Pic-1 Pic-2 Pic-3

Holy wow!

Does this happen to more than one player?

When Cryptic applied the Season Eight patch, they also added support for DirectX 10/11. Check to see if "STO's" visual options are set for your graphics card. If your card is unable to handle DirectX 10/11, the game will show serious textural anomalies.
  • countrylobstercountrylobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love that the fixes deny players their ability to RP, while also ignoring actual bugs that have been around for a long time! :)
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok no fix for tailor even been listed i have offically going to drop that subject il have to hope it happens to feds so it will be fixed but i do like the consumables being fixed!! :)
  • tanqqueestadortanqqueestador Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    think uve missed the point of ur own holiday lol which does not suprise me as 98% of all Americans cant point to America on a world map, then again a "World Atlas" is a rare book in America but thats off topic lol

for all of you who are not doing it and dont know it..

(in North America) an annual national holiday marked by religious observances and a traditional meal. The holiday commemorates a harvest festival celebrated by the Pilgrim Fathers in 1621, and is held in the US on the fourth Thursday in November. A similar holiday is held in Canada, usually on the second Monday in October.

Prayers of thanks and special thanksgiving ceremonies are common among almost all religions after harvests and at other times.The Thanksgiving holiday's history in North America is rooted in English traditions dating from the Protestant Reformation. It also has aspects of a harvest festival, even though the harvest in New England occurs well before the late-November date on which the modern Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated.

In the English tradition, days of thanksgiving and special thanksgiving religious services became important during the English Reformation in the reign of Henry VIII and in reaction to the large number of religious holidays on the Catholic calendar. Before 1536 there were 95 Church holidays, plus 52 Sundays, when people were required to attend church and forego work and sometimes pay for expensive celebrations. The 1536 reforms reduced the number of Church holidays to 27, but some Puritans, the radical reformers of their age, wished to completely eliminate all Church holidays, including Christmas and Easter. The holidays were to be replaced by specially called Days of Fasting or Days of Thanksgiving, in response to events that the Puritans viewed as acts of special providence. Unexpected disasters or threats of judgement from on high called for Days of Fasting. Special blessings, viewed as coming from God, called for Days of Thanksgiving. For example, Days of Fasting were called on account of drought in 1611, floods in 1613, and plagues in 1604 and 1622. Days of Thanksgiving were called following the victory over the Spanish Armada in 1588 and following the deliverance of Queen Anne in 1705. An unusual annual Day of Thanksgiving began in 1606 following the failure of the Gunpowder Plot in 1605 and developed into Guy Fawkes Day.

Thanksgiving, currently celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November by federal legislation in 1941, has been an annual tradition in the United States by presidential proclamation since 1863 and by state legislation since the Founding Fathers of the United States. Historically, Thanksgiving began as a tradition of celebrating the harvest of the year.

or what some call a excuse to eat fatty food and get fat a normal day then in America

I have to work ... so its no big deal to me
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Holy wow!

When Cryptic applied the Season Eight patch, they also added support for DirectX 10/11. Check to see if "STO's" visual options are set for your graphics card. If your card is unable to handle DirectX 10/11, the game will show serious textural anomalies.

Yep, there's actually a whole lot of us that have this and it's a problem on Cryptic's end.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=913941

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=911851

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=915181

Those are the main threads going on about it.

The short of it is that after around 20-40 minutes of play, the graphics begin to degrade and continue to do so until the game is unplayable. It can be temporarily fixed by exiting to desktop and relaunching, but then it just pops up in another 20-40 minutes. Many of us are opting to just not play right now because of it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    Holy wow!

Yes within the hour every hour, after a game restart to eliminate the problem ! If unchecked it results in a game crash consisting of either a hanging load screen or a game freeze !
  • ishkeaishkea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for all you do guys. We gamers really appreciate it. :)
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Stuff that I forgot in my first post:
    --Some outfits are inaccessible, even from tailors. It seems to be totally random--the outfits can be purchased with EC and worn, but as soon as you switch away from them, you can't switch back, even at a tailor. This hits some outfits and not others.
    --A lot of inexperienced players have been flying elite Borg STFs in Obelisk Carriers and costing people optional objectives. Perhaps making it necessary to do each STF on normal at least once per account (for training purposes) could help with this? Alternatively, have a tooltip or instruction manual available in-game--say from the info tab on your available missions panel--to help teach new players how to run STFs? Because if one more guy goes straight for the gateway on Infected: the Conduit elite and sets his swarmers to attack randomly, I think I'll blow a gasket.
    --I personally think that some sort of slider for hair length should be available--my Vulcan's goatee is a little too large, and I can't get anything else that looks enough like Mirror! Spock to really go with my TOS mirror uniform.

Good stuff I forgot:
    --Sphere space zones. Guys, those visuals are EPIC.

worffan101
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    According to the patch report, no scheduled fix for the loading screen/launcher glitch. lols
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    According to the patch report, no scheduled fix for the loading screen/launcher glitch. lols

the green light says its online, even if you cant play its still online

Startrek "Online"

its been online more times then offline, something some people forget
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ericmassa28ericmassa28 Member Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    server unavail. 10:50 am central time
  • riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank God for the consumable item disappearing bug fix... can't wait to test it out in space and ground.. .Cause yesterday I found that there are some ground items will disappearing upon clicking too.. (Nano-supporting thing disappearing upon clicking)
  • riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the green light says its online, even if you cant play its still online

Startrek "Online"

its been online more times then offline, something some people forget

We will be performing shard maintenance on Nov. 26 from 7:00-10:00 AM Pacific time (1500-1800 UTC). Please check the forums.

It's in server status...
    edited November 2013
    riddlins wrote: »
    We will be performing shard maintenance on Nov. 26 from 7:00-10:00 AM Pacific time (1500-1800 UTC). Please check the forums.

It's in server status...

and u missed my point... 3 or 4 hours aweek depending on if its delayed or not wow thats a big amount of time in a 7 day week
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• macveemacvee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are we done yet???

:D
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and u missed my point... 3 or 4 hours aweek depending on if its delayed or not wow thats a big amount of time in a 7 day week

and u missed the point of the guys post. sure its online and most people can play but alot cant get into the game so for those people it is star trek offline.

until the problem is fixed its fair to call it star trek offline.

or star trek online and working for some but not for others. star trek offline has a better ring to it tho.

count ur self lucky your not affected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

If it helps, consider the 4 hours only ~2% of the amount of hours in a week (168 hours).
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
    edited November 2013
    and u missed the point of the guys post. sure its online and most people can play but alot cant get into the game so for those people it is star trek offline.

until the problem is fixed its fair to call it star trek offline.

or star trek online and working for some but not for others. star trek offline has a better ring to it tho.

count ur self lucky your not affected.

and again u missed my point

Green light means its online regardless if you cant play it, and for the record i cant to and its still ONLINE!!!! if it was OFFLINE EVERY1 WOULDNT BEABLE TO PLAY IT

END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.