test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do I examine set powers in game?

dewolf13dewolf13 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
The only way I've known to see what set powers are applied to equipment sets is by looking it up in a web browser. However, is it possible to see powers from inside the client (all I can find is the names of the set bonuses, but not what they do)?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    On PC right click then select more details.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Also, if you hover your mouse over the equipment, it will highlight which set bonus is currently unlocked, to confirm whether equipment is registering. It has a short delay to update/refresh after equipping.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Unless I'm missing something, the right-click for more information only works for items I already acquired. But if, for instance, I'm trying to figure out whether a new item from a reputation system is worth it, I can't figure out how to see the actual bonuses the set provides (apart from looking on the wikia).
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    dewolf13 wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something, the right-click for more information only works for items I already acquired. But if, for instance, I'm trying to figure out whether a new item from a reputation system is worth it, I can't figure out how to see the actual bonuses the set provides (apart from looking on the wikia).

Yes this game wasn't made with ease of getting information to make informed decisions in mind. It launched with zero ability to get info on ships before you buy them. Stuff like BOFF seating? Who knows!? Weapon slots? Guess a number! In beta I was trying to put together a public list of basic info for the ships so people actually knew what each ship was offering before they made a choice. It was compiled from info from people who actually managed to get those ships, because that was literally the only way to know what that ship was like.

Sure they have gotten better about that since then, but the problem still exists, as you know. The wiki, thankfully, is a very good resource, far better than most games wikis.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    dewolf13 wrote: »

Yes this game wasn't made with ease of getting information to make informed decisions in mind. It launched with zero ability to get info on ships before you buy them. Stuff like BOFF seating? Who knows!? Weapon slots? Guess a number! In beta I was trying to put together a public list of basic info for the ships so people actually knew what each ship was offering before they made a choice. It was compiled from info from people who actually managed to get those ships, because that was literally the only way to know what that ship was like.

Sure they have gotten better about that since then, but the problem still exists, as you know. The wiki, thankfully, is a very good resource, far better than most games wikis.

Umm...no. WRT ships, when you go to a ship vendor, you can SEE the seating/slots, etc. And it's listed in the C-Store description of the ships as well as the Tier, character rank required, and the consoles they come with (if any). That said they DON'T list/provide a Console's actual stats <--- and yes, that sucks.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Some ships do not even list the stats in the Z-Store, and I'm not sure the ship vendor covers all the omissions. A few times I had to consult the wiki or just ask players directly for confirmation.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.