test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quick Vote for next VO actor

kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
I saw the one about patrick stewart. Interesting conversation but got me thinking
which VO actor could really really do a VO if asked and paid enough.
Which of these is prefered...

A Stewart ( Picard) - who busy making movies and being on broadway

B Frakes (riker)-busy directing agents of shield

C Shatner- who cost too much money
or
D Some other suggestion?
Bear in mind

Picard could be a time travel series

Riker/Troi could be what ever happened to....series

Shatner a mirror universe episode .....

Data?...a borg/android series

Q?...a Q story..series
Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
Post edited by kirkson2 on

Comments

• reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Persis Khambatta, who played Ilia (the Deltan chick) in TMP died of a heart attack in 1998. :(
  • zeromus104zeromus104 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    What about the guy from "The Blue Max", Picard's brother. Is he still alive? Or how 'bout the Deltan chick from TMP? She could come back as V'ger. Make her a gold Boff prize that you can't get rid of, like Tovan.

Picard's brother was killed in a fire in Star Trek Generations. Persis Khambatta played Ilia in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Unfortunately, she died of a heart attack in 1997 in Bombay.

My quick picks are Chris Doohan to do Scotty & Karl Urban to do Dr. McCoy from the Devidiean featured sereies. So that we have all of the current in game major Trek characters represented with VO. But, if I have to choose an actor to VO their character for a big story, I would choose Jeri Ryan as Seven. The story I would choose for her is the Borg/Undine conflict since that hasn't fully resolved as of yet.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jeri Ryan as Seven and Kate Mulgrew as Admiral Janeway.

They even make reference to Janeway in the new tutorial.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My wishlist;

Kate Mulgrew just so I can find the answer to my avatar.

Garret Wang just because he's a big Trek nerd and this will be the only way for Kim to get his own command that isn't an alternate timeline.

Gates McFadden so she can finally use those stage fencing and fighting skills she wasn't allowed to on TNG.

Jeffery Combs to play anything they can think of. But Liquidator Brunt if possible.

Cirroc Lofton just because I'd like to see him hanging out on the upper level of DS9 waiting for his dad. Sort of like Fry's dog.
    <3
  • cptjamersoncptjamerson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    I saw the one about patrick stewart. Interesting conversation but got me thinking
    which VO actor could really really do a VO if asked and paid enough.
    Which of these is prefered...
    Q?...a Q story..series

"Q" John de Lancie, is an awesome actor. I wish sto could use him like his performance in the PC "Star Trek Borg" game. There's the link from the footage from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Esv07yUMSU
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wil Wheaton as Ja'rod. :D
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The only voice actor i would want for STO is either Jon Delanci or Jeri Ryan.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jeri Ryan
    Sir Patrick Stewart
    Kate Mulgrew
    Robert Mcneill
    Robert Pacardo
    Garrett Wang
    Levar Burton
    Johnathan Frakes
    Brent Spiner
    Marina Sirtis

that's my dream list for sto vo.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh, nevermind... confused a first name.
  • solidshatnersolidshatner Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would stab a puppy in its cute little heart to get Andrew J Robinson to reprise his role as plain and simple Garak.

Maybe he could assassinate DS9s current tailor so my alt costumes work on my KDF toon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think they should hire Andy D. while he's all coked up to reprise his role as the Mk II EMH who acts as an undismissable boff and constantly comments on every single mission you do or interrupts in the middle of sector space or playing dabo or whatever to make some quip. And you can't turn his volume off. And his pop-up shows up in the middle of the screen instead of off to the side.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    George Takei

Every time Holo Leeta says "ready to get lucky" he needs to say OHHH MYYYY
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    D. Andrew Robinson as Elim Garak. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    George Takei

Every time Holo Leeta says "ready to get lucky" he needs to say OHHH MYYYY

This is the only idea worth perusing. Cryptic, make it so.
    <3
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Picard has retired hasn't he? ... or is he still the Ambassador to Vulcan? Lore is sketchy. One person I wouldn't want is William ****ner. He's had enough limelight, and if they gave him a microphone to do some VO work, he'd likely never shut up.

I think Brent Spiner or Robert Pacardo would be the best bets; they're both still likely to be very active within Starfleet (for various reasons). Many of the older cast will have potentially moved on, retired, or something.

John De Lancie would be another perfect addition (never aging) though every Q encounter we've had thus far has been through Q Jr. Having the original Q suddenly show up would seem a bit ... pointless.

Fan favorites have probably got to be Sir Patrick Stewart or Johnathan Frakes though. Andrew J Robinson would HAVE to do VO work if a Cardassian faction were ever introduced. We couldn't live without that. Garak is, and always was an awesome character. Then of course you've got Jefferey Coombs. Shame he turned down Shon.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jeffrey Combs, for any role (he played a lot). Shon would be cool, but Brunt would be awesome :D
    Andrew Robinson, Garak was cool.
    Sir Patrick Stewart (Picard), nothing else to say.
    John De Lancie, because Q is cool.
    Robert Picardo (EMH 1) <3
    Kate Mulgrew (Janeway). I'm not a huge fan of her or whatever, but some episode with Admiral Janeway could be interesting.

Then I wouldn't say no to Takei, but that wouldn't be my first choice.
    flash525 wrote: »
    Picard has retired hasn't he? ... or is he still the Ambassador to Vulcan? Lore is sketchy. One person I wouldn't want is William ****ner. He's had enough limelight, and if they gave him a microphone to do some VO work, he'd likely never shut up.

I think Brent Spiner or Robert Pacardo would be the best bets; they're both still likely to be very active within Starfleet (for various reasons). Many of the older cast will have potentially moved on, retired, or something.

John De Lancie would be another perfect addition (never aging) though every Q encounter we've had thus far has been through Q Jr. Having the original Q suddenly show up would seem a bit ... pointless.

Fan favorites have probably got to be Sir Patrick Stewart or Johnathan Frakes though. Andrew J Robinson would HAVE to do VO work if a Cardassian faction were ever introduced. We couldn't live without that. Garak is, and always was an awesome character. Then of course you've got Jefferey Coombs. Shame he turned down Shon.
    Picard is retired, Khitomer was his last mission I think. I remember reading about his last mission on the lore.

Combs must have turned down because of time constraints. He voiced a minor NPC in TSW (Montague), so I guess it was not because of money or dislike of videogaming, or anything like that. I'm pretty sure he would say yes sometime in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dwight Schultz
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2013
    that played Vivian on The Young Ones.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Combs must have turned down because of time constraints. He voiced a minor NPC in TSW (Montague), so I guess it was not because of money or dislike of videogaming, or anything like that. I'm pretty sure he would say yes sometime in the future.
    Well, there's nowt stopping Cryptic from redoing Shon and involving him in a couple more episodes in the future.

I live in hope.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Robert J. Feldman reprising his role as a Pakled :D
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Andrew Robinson aka Elim Garak
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Neelix... or Will Wheaton
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As much as I'd like to see Patrick Stewart in game he would just be way too expensive, don't know what Brent Spiner is doing these days but I'd love to see some Data VO work he was always such an interesting character and it would be great to find out what happened to the Enterprise E. Having Q in game would be pretty sweet too, his episodes were always a barrel of laughs :) "I am not a merry man!"

EDIT: What about Tim Russ as Tuvok? I'm sure he'd be up for that :)
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jeri Ryan
    Sir Patrick Stewart
    Kate Mulgrew
    Robert Mcneill
    Robert Pacardo
    Garrett Wang
    Levar Burton
    Johnathan Frakes
    Brent Spiner
    Marina Sirtis

that's my dream list for sto vo.

I can definitely agree with this list, I would love to see Jeri Ryan bring Seven of Nine to STO and Jonathan Del Arco, the actor who played Hugh in the STNG episode where the Enterprise captured a Borg and "liberated" him.

I honestly think this would be the best way to bring the Borg faction as a playable race to STO, with the story of Hugh and his liberated Borg. They could also include Lore in that because in a later STNG episode Lore had taken control of many of those liberated Borg.

They could put the player in a situation to break away from Lore's control and from there they become a faction playable in the STO universe...
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My vote goes to Jeri Ryan so we can elaborate on the STO lore where 7 of 9 left Starfleet and joined the Daystorm Insitute.

As runner up's, Sir Patrick Stewart playing Ambassador Picard in a feature episode where a Romulan Republic Delegation visits Vulcan but a Tal Shiar plot threatens it. Next up is Kate Mulgrew as Admiral Janeway being the Feature Episode series contact for the Delta Quadrant much like Admiral T'Nae for the Romulan Front episodes.

Following that would be Tim Russ, Roxann Dawson, Robert Mcneil, Garrett Wang, and Robert Picardo in a featured episode where you help the U.S.S. Rhode Island in a mission in the Delta Quadrant. The same goes with Levar Buton, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, and Marina Sirtis reprising their characters onboard the U.S.S. Titan. Plus Gates McFadden in the U.S.S. Pasteur and an appearance by Guinan.

Of course John DeLancie can interject into any of the above as Q because... well, he's Q.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2013
    Brent Spiner (Data), could probably do all the voice overs for the game. Apparently he imitates Patrick Stewart so well, that he can fool Stewart's wife over the phone.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Of course John DeLancie can interject into any of the above as Q because... well, he's Q.

Except the Q you have been dealing with in STO, is not the Q Picard dealt with.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Except the Q you have been dealing with in STO, is not the Q Picard dealt with.

Right, it's his son. Still, it'll be great to have John Delancie come in and check up on "Junior".
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thought the best potential was Brent Spiner, but Data is ageless really. He was working on http://www.freshhellseries.com/ but Season 3 never got posted, so who knows.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Basically: Dream list:

Picard, Data, Kirk, more Spock (both new and old), Odo, Quark, (Father) Q, Tactiacl officer from Enterprise , Reed, I believe, Captain Jonathon Archer, Karl Urban, Garrat Wang, Kathern Mulgrew, and Tom Paris.

(Sorry about any spelling mistakes, I am in a tad rush)
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...