What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (November 21, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It just says: Resolved some crashes associated with various types of graphics cards.

It's not saying a specific number. I've already lost out on the lock box sale, lobi from the past week, and I'll end up losing out in the free tribble as well if this is the case.

your not the only 1... ive missed out to and u dont see me shouiting at them or moaning or saying me me me me me me..... if it works good job if it dont oh well there is other games to play..

you got 2 options

get use to it and wait

or quit but dont let the door hit your rear end as you exit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Concerning the crashes; I saw somewhere that someone tried to login in safe mode and changed their DirectX settings.. anyone of the above tried that?
  • Options
    lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I Have been currently experiencing major lag after logging in with my toon around DS9, I have to log off and log back in to stop the lag, is this a graphical issue? I've not experienced this before until the season 8 patch was in effect. I Feel that the ''reloaded material files'' at the bottom of the load screen may be responsible? I Know this patch resolves graphical problems but will this patch correct this issue ?
  • Options
    ototo999ototo999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    riddlins wrote: »
    http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/cryptic-studios-in-los-gatos-ca-221613

Well, they might need to hire a few more good people to fix the bugs faster...

Im trying to search in that web a single way to check the real issue and not a vague "Advertising / Sales Issues" and seems i cant, maybe thats my fault.

I could take seriously a web that actually give accurate info, but not being able to check it, and moreover, maybe ppl just filling issues, their being solved, and then forgetting (how strange...) to reply with the problem solved back, clearly lower my confidence in the web. Also, being a private company they can have their own interests, like being paid by enemy companies (yeah, this still happens, 1st in the TV and later in all).

I have no clue how many ppl Crypt have in the bill, but till now is the company that have gave me a better feedback, with minor exceptions like Wargaming, owner of WoT, that have a lot of good feedback, constant care and gifts to all their player base, but Crypt is not that far, remember the literally give-away of the Obelisk and its item set via the Featured Episode.

I still consider Crypt a really good company, no matter what that web say, cause my experience with them have been a nice one, and i will trust my experience more than a vague web.

EDIT: i found the way to check it, but im really dissapointed with the issues that company have unresolved with Crypt. Most of them are tagged as resolved or tried with good faith from the company and still are counted as negative points to the company. Most of the unresolved ones are multi-game accounts with other PWE games about the big ZEN exploit they have, and again they still count negative to the company........... Just made me dont trust that web at all, cause they are the very 1st that are unable to hire ppl enough to simply update things.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Somehow the Borg Queen holding a poison apple for Picard would really rub me raw. "Have a bite, deary. Resistance is futile!" And all the ships would be fully sentient, saccharine cute and random song and dance routines on the bridge of the Enterprise breaking out would totally chap my backside.

No. Nonononono!!!!! My head just exploded thinking about that!

I think that I'm going to boycott Star Wars 7. JJ plus Disney = NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, JJ's attempts to sex up Trek were bad enough. (You don't NEED a chick in a bikini, you need a woman with the acting chops to seduce Data while being lowered into her own body...) Disney? Oh, Kahless, please shoot me now!
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I Have been currently experiencing major lag after logging in with my toon around DS9, I have to log off and log back in to stop the lag, is this a graphical issue? I've not experienced this before until the season 8 patch was in effect. I Feel that the ''reloaded material files'' at the bottom of the load screen may be responsible? I Know this patch resolves graphical problems but will this patch correct this issue ?

The reloaded message isn't responsible for this. I've been getting this message in the foundry pre-S8 and nothing peculiar happened (both on my 1yr and 4.5yr old laptops).

Lag can be caused by multiple reasons; heat/directx cpu bug/certain gfx setting, etc. Try messing around with your graphic settings and/or try out SpeedFan to see how hot your GPU/CPU is getting (anything above 90C == hot).
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    --Exchange Price Per Unit doesn't work right.
    --Whenever you get a new ship, it screws up your ship and boff powers and you have to rearrange them by hand. This bug cost me two elite Borg STF optionals--please, please fix it, fast.
    --On Fed female toons, your clothes load about two seconds after your body when you log in, although that may just be my slow computer and the TOS mirror uniform that my character is wearing.

i have yet to see the exchange bug seems to work fine for me *shrugs*
    the ship/boff one i have run into alot and it is annoying as heck lol
    ah yes the u load and see ur underwear before ur skirt outfit loads it's not u it's been happening for a while with any skirt outfit though i think it can happen with any outfit on females.

• Options
    doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    ah yes the u load and see ur underwear before ur skirt outfit loads it's not u it's been happening for a while with any skirt outfit though i think it can happen with any outfit on females.

Rather than listing it as "price per unit" it lists in order of "units" so the sale with the most units is listed first regardless of how much it costs per unit. Basically its just using the wrong equation or something.
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is a really annoying bug... hope it gets addressed soon...
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    Also, searching by type (common, uncommon, rare, very rare) is bugged as well, even when typing the exact name of the item and searching the 'all' category.

I'm not saying you have a bug or not, but please remember that some items when obtained are bound to character, last night I was trying to search for a part of the Jem'Hadar set for my toon and found this to be the case, as such means you can't trade them on the exchange.

Also when searching for some item versions they are not available at a selected rank, for example Mk X purple shields may be available for an admiral lower half say, but when searching under vice admiral will not show even though a vice admiral can still equip the item.

When doing a search I usually find it best to either search by rank or by rarity but not both at the same time.

Like I say I'm not saying it is a bug or not just something I have found to be the case.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »

More than that, I get a full second and a half of my character's bare buttocks. I bet that if i turned the camera view in that time I'd see her...chest.

The exchange bug seems to be hitting different people in different ways. Annoying as heck, though.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    The reloaded message isn't responsible for this. I've been getting this message in the foundry pre-S8 and nothing peculiar happened (both on my 1yr and 4.5yr old laptops).

Lag can be caused by multiple reasons; heat/directx cpu bug/certain gfx setting, etc. Try messing around with your graphic settings and/or try out SpeedFan to see how hot your GPU/CPU is getting (anything above 90C == hot).

Thanks for the quick reply, i'm pretty sure its not an over heated GPU/CPU. Fan speed and heat is nominal even during game play, I have to log in twice to be rid of it ? I Can only assume its a minor change too STO, never had this prob before. I Will try reinstalling/Installing Directx ?.
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What an interesting thought. This patch most certainly will not fix everything, and a week from today is Turkey Day, so...will there BE a patch next week - or do the poor devs get a break and their masters let them eat roasted bird with their families? Will next weeks patch be a day early, or a day late?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    What an interesting thought. This patch most certainly will not fix everything, and a week from today is Turkey Day, so...will there BE a patch next week - or do the poor devs get a break and their masters let them eat roasted bird with their families? Will next weeks patch be a day early, or a day late?

They deserve a day off, but if they take it, the trolololololz will be upset all over the forums.
  • Options
    sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a week from today is Turkey Day

no.... next week is thursday, as it was last week and the week be4 that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

While we are still conducting maintenance, and are still currently on track for our original ETA, if you patch up and attempt to load into Holodeck, do you get to the screen with the planet background and the notification that the "server is unavailable"? If so, all is good. If for some reason you crash (IMPORTANT: and were not crashing before today), please reply and let me know the crash number. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    starjammer1165starjammer1165 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I will try your burned replicated bird meat. LOL
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So much for the patch, pwebranflakes. Still the same glitch. This is getting ridiculous. I guess it'll be another week, and then another week and then another week. Hate to say it, but I expect that there are going to be a lot of people demanding refunds because they paid for subscriptions and are unable to play the game.

I keep getting the same black screen with background music.

I guess Cryptic will have to give back that award for "the best free MMO".
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

While we are still conducting maintenance, and are still currently on track for our original ETA, if you patch up and attempt to load into Holodeck, do you get to the screen with the planet background and the notification that the "server is unavailable"? If so, all is good. If for some reason you crash (IMPORTANT: and were not crashing before today), please reply and let me know the crash number. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

All is well then Brandon. Albeit the patch is taking longer than originally indicated. I'm just trying to enjoy my vacation day from work.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was not suffering with that bug, but I can confirm that I can get to the login screen without any crashes...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No problems to report here.
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Mine seems to be working fine Bran, nothing out of the ordinary :)

EDIT: Mind you I haven't had this bug in the first place, so I don't know if this is helpful or not.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    No problems here also, but my toon did pull a face ?
  • Options
    whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All clear here as well. I definitely sympathize with those who're still encountering crashes, however.
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am patched up and getting to the planet background, so no new glitch/crashing for me (bangs his head on the wooden table)

For the people who were taking about female character clothing beaming up seconds before the rest of her, that has been happening on one of my characters (not others) since I created her 3 years ago.

Now it seems that everyone is doing it. I always found it quite funny, like my transporter cheif was a pervert, question was why my captain didnt toss him out of the nearest airlock!

:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    So much for the patch, pwebranflakes. Still the same glitch. This is getting ridiculous. I guess it'll be another week, and then another week and then another week. Hate to say it, but I expect that there are going to be a lot of people demanding refunds because they paid for subscriptions and are unable to play the game.

I keep getting the same black screen with background music.

I guess Cryptic will have to give back that award for "the best free MMO"
    Funny, really. You really think that Cryptic is going to do this because only some of the playerbase can't get into the game? If you really think that they're not the best Free MMO, then why are you still trying to play the game? Here's a suggestion: don't whine, it does absolutely no one any good.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My old Ticket #25316319. No crashes to report, i can finally play STO!! :D
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    All clear BranFlakes. Good to hear that maintenance should be done on time!
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    blassreiterus, it really is funny but this is unacceptable for this bug to be affecting so many players for this long and to discover that the patch didn't work. For some, the patch may have worked, but it didn't work for those of us using nVidia graphics cards.

I guess it'll be another several days before we'll be able to see some kind of new fix.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No crash before, no crash now :)
  • Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Holodeck seems to load just fine on my end, just as before, though I tried loading up Tribble while maintenance is going on, and the game crashed my NVIDIA graphics driver and left me with a "Fatal Error" message (I imagine that this is the issue that the Holo patch is meant to fix). Oddly, I wasn't having difficulties with loading Tribble before I patched everything. But maybe the Holo fixes haven't made their way to the Tribble build yet?

Ticket #25884564 for that Tribble issue if it matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.