test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 21, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not going to fix the item disappearing bug this patch? seriously? how you guys prioritize on fixing the bug.....??
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    riddlins wrote: »
    Not going to fix the item disappearing bug this patch? seriously? how you guys prioritize on fixing the bug.....??
    Probably by fixing the crash which causes many unable to play, first.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • ototo999ototo999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ototo999 wrote: »
    Just fix the LOGIN/GRAPHIC, DEVICES and QUESTS bugs, that are actually the ones that are making u dont give the customers the service they paid for and like 90% of the ppl will be happy again.

No offense to the rest of u, im affected by other bugs also, but im able to login, play, etc... so they are far from important considering those 3 other ppl are having. Im only affected by the devices, but i can live with it for some days. Not that i use baterries that often (here is where a guy with his [amp] core and leech console says "what??")

How can in hell be more important to fix the exchange or a custome than to fix the login of other person????? If u think so, DONT LIE TO YOURSELF, u are a selfish idiot that can only think in yourself, hopefully nobody will depend in u, cause if so they are ..... (if i use the correct word to describe this, this post will be deleted, so ridiculously high is the grade of selfishment of persons like these)

And yes, i want those bugs fixed, BUT, only when the 3 highlighted up are fixed, no sooner.
    riddlins wrote: »
    stoutes wrote: »
    Probably by fixing the crash which causes many unable to play, first.

I think my point have finally a example.....
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think my point have finally a example.....[/QUOTE

so that so called problem a few have stops them from working on other bugs to??

I think not!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
    edited November 2013
    They put new things and stuff first over the old bugs that affect majority of the players...
    edited November 2013
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    I think my point have finally a example.....

I think not!!!!
    You may get what you want by screaming in real life, but that doesn't work that well in here.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

• des101des101 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Consumables vanishing from the UI when activating them - when is this likely to be fixed?

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

Also, we are damn lucky that the devs actually care. I've played several MMORPGs, and the devs have varied from lazy (EA, Turbine) to greedy (EA, Blizzard) to outright abusive (EVE online, Blizzard). None of them are in any way as good as the Cryptic devs. DStahl and BranFlakes seem to actually care, which is more than you can say about the devs on other games.

Yes, there are issues. Yes, the update has screwed up a lot of stuff. Yes, they still have stuff to fix and they know it. However, stop and think for a moment--if the devs went and did a seven-day downtime to fix everything, would you be happy for them pulling six all-nighters in a row for you? Ask yourselves that BEFORE you post another "I hate this game" message.

Now for the bugs that I have seen:
    --Defera ground is broken.
    --Mine Enemy is broken, but you (the devs) know that already.
    --Exchange Price Per Unit doesn't work right.
    --Whenever you get a new ship, it screws up your ship and boff powers and you have to rearrange them by hand. This bug cost me two elite Borg STF optionals--please, please fix it, fast.
    --On Fed female toons, your clothes load about two seconds after your body when you log in, although that may just be my slow computer and the TOS mirror uniform that my character is wearing.

Things that I really think Cryptic should do:
    --Get us some George Takei and William Shatner voice acting.
    --Sir Patrick Stewart's voice. Need I say more?
    --Voice acting for nonvoiced missions, especially on fedside. Maybe get some of the devs to do voice work? This is my favorite part of the game, and the main reason I keep replaying the Dominion missions.
    --Bring on the Iconians already. I want to kill some demons of air and darkness.

Keep up the good work,
    Worffan101
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see that the galaxy map glitch isn't on the list of "known issues". It's not game breaking, certainly. But it's still annoying when doing the Tour.
    edited November 2013

I think not!!!!

I dont think u take my point at all. Lets wonder:

*YOU are the one unable to login
    *YOU have paid a lifetime sub or monthly sub
    *YOU are the one that can finally login and ur graphic enviro is a mess and ur current quests cant be finished.

Probably the 1st 3 letters in each sentence suddenly raised the priority for YOU?

Is easy to say "fix my problem". The full point is not "fix my problem", it is "keep the game alive by making customers happy by priorizing correctly the possible <<make me angry>> troubles, and by that save the population of the game i play, so i can login and play a STF waiting 5mins maximum"

And yeah, i hope EVERY SINGLE PROGRAMMER, DEV, AND COFFEE MACHINE in Crypt to work only towards solving login troubles, then when they solve it, to others.
    edited November 2013
    You may get what you want by screaming in real life, but that doesn't work that well in here.

wow you get what you want by screaming in real life lol...

to quote spock the needs of the many
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• vezznavezzna Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Normally, you can skip the mission by using "skip" in the "episode" tab.

I didn't know you could do that...thanks for the tip! :)
  • macveemacvee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hope this doesn't take much longer, I'm running out of fingernails to chew on. :eek:
    edited November 2013
    I dont think u take my point at all. Lets wonder:

*YOU are the one unable to login
    *YOU have paid a lifetime sub or monthly sub
    *YOU are the one that can finally login and ur graphic enviro is a mess and ur current quests cant be finished.

Probably the 1st 3 letters in each sentence suddenly raised the priority for YOU?

Is easy to say "fix my problem". The full point is not "fix my problem", it is "keep the game alive by making customers happy by priorizing correctly the possible <<make me angry>> troubles, and by that save the population of the game i play, so i can login and play a STF waiting 5mins maximum"

And yeah, i hope EVERY SINGLE PROGRAMMER, DEV, AND COFFEE MACHINE in Crypt to work only towards solving login troubles, then when they solve it, to others.

ive not been able to play for a week myself, you dont see me shouting at them! and no one cares what people want, all people want is want want want... they want their bugs fixed over every1 elses. and b4 you say i am like that i have only posted 2 times lmfao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    macvee wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't take much longer, I'm running out of fingernails to chew on. :eek:
    Don't forget you have your toenails.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

edited November 2013
    ive not been able to play for a week myself, you dont see me shouting at them! and no one cares what people want, all people want is want want want... they want their bugs fixed over every1 elses. and b4 you say i am like that i have only posted 2 times lmfao

My apologies, i take the comment obviously in the wrong reading
    edited November 2013
    My apologies, i take the comment obviously in the wrong reading

dont worry hehe. i think i worded it wrong lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    dont worry hehe. i think i worded it wrong lol
    We all just want to play, isn't it :).
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

edited November 2013
    We all just want to play, isn't it :).

yep but its not the end of the day if u cant play a game thou... Playstation 3 has some good online games
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/video-games-dealers/cryptic-studios-in-los-gatos-ca-221613

Well, they might need to hire a few more good people to fix the bugs faster...
  • gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what I've heard the 18897741 crash issue isn't being resolved in this patch. Is this true?
    edited November 2013
    From what I've heard the 18897741 crash issue isn't being resolved in this patch. Is this true?

did you read the patch notes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As much as I dislike Disney, at least their products look nice AND work. How much better off the player base would be if Disney had bought Star Trek instead of Star Wars. Star Trek is going to look like so much baloney when compared to Star Wars in a few years time. After all Star Trek gave to the world, it ends like this, devoured by Ferengi for profit. If my replica phaser actually worked I would incinerate myself with it.
  • gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    did you read the patch notes?

It just says: Resolved some crashes associated with various types of graphics cards.

It's not saying a specific number. I've already lost out on the lock box sale, lobi from the past week, and I'll end up losing out in the free tribble as well if this is the case.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't think this weeks patch is going to fix the problem.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    As much as I dislike Disney, at least their products look nice AND work. How much better off the player base would be if Disney had bought Star Trek instead of Star Wars. Star Trek is going to look like so much baloney when compared to Star Wars in a few years time. After all Star Trek gave to the world, it ends like this, devoured by Ferengi for profit. If my replica phaser actually worked I would incinerate myself with it.

that is rediculas!!! star wars is truely awful ep 1, 2 and 3 was bad!! 4, 5 and 6 was not much better! star was dont have what trek has

Trek has 4 spin off shows and 13 movies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Somehow the Borg Queen holding a poison apple for Picard would really rub me raw. "Have a bite, deary. Resistance is futile!" And all the ships would be fully sentient, saccharine cute and random song and dance routines on the bridge of the Enterprise breaking out would totally chap my backside.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
    edited November 2013
    It just says: Resolved some crashes associated with various types of graphics cards.

It's not saying a specific number. I've already lost out on the lock box sale, lobi from the past week, and I'll end up losing out in the free tribble as well if this is the case.

your not the only 1... ive missed out to and u dont see me shouiting at them or moaning or saying me me me me me me..... if it works good job if it dont oh well there is other games to play..

you got 2 options

get use to it and wait

or quit but dont let the door hit your rear end as you exit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    Concerning the crashes; I saw somewhere that someone tried to login in safe mode and changed their DirectX settings.. anyone of the above tried that?
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I Have been currently experiencing major lag after logging in with my toon around DS9, I have to log off and log back in to stop the lag, is this a graphical issue? I've not experienced this before until the season 8 patch was in effect. I Feel that the ''reloaded material files'' at the bottom of the load screen may be responsible? I Know this patch resolves graphical problems but will this patch correct this issue ?
This discussion has been closed.