test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (November 21, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is :)

How about the bugged Ground Assault weapon that is extremely loud, shakes all of Drozana station, and the players that are repeatedly exploiting this bugged weapon to harass people at Drozana and other places?

And how about action on the players using this exploit for the sole reason the grieve others?
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still waiting for my ruined characters to be fixed, I.E the texture changes and character model scaling to be undone, its really a gamebreaker for me.
    Since S8 was released I have only logged on once a day to do "Skirmish" for my daily lobi, but thats been it.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Bah, no fix for consumables. Gonna be another annoying week...

On the ground at least there is a work around.. place only 1 of the type of consumable into your Status screen... this resolved the issue for me (its only a work around, not a fix)... I don't use consumables in space very often, so not sure if the same is true for the space consumables.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    It is :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Except it's NOT playing it back in your inventory.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rob2485 wrote: »
    I believe the saying for can't criticize without insulting is: TRUTH HURTS.
    No.

You can still criticize people and hurt them without being insulting.
    For example, to stay in the bug-fixing context, telling the truth would be:

"Devs, I think your way and priorities to fix bugs are bad, very bad. You really should try to reconsider it and change your way to avoid having more and more disappointed customers. And tell your higher-ups that thinking of the short-term with more lockboxes and less bug-fixing is a terrible idea for your image on the long-term."

It hurts because I'm saying they're doing a bad job, but I'm not insulting them (more than necessary you might add, YMMV).

Insulting them would be something this: "Devs, you're greedy, worthless and lazy! You must fix your TRIBBLE, that is so broken any competent dev would be ashamed to even look at it, or I'll leave forever! And f*** your lockboxes!" which I see quite some times there.

Also, criticizing doesn't come with only negative stuff, so give them credit where it's deserved, like the gorgeous Dyson Sphere, the random missions sometimes having a different progression despite starting at the same location and having the same starting objective, and the fun ground battlezone.

Arc needs to die painfully, though.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • pec3pec3 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, November 21st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

I have a lot of problems in this game, and I am not only one in my fleet that have this problems.
    1. I have problems with foundry missions.
    When I want to start one, or want to cross from one foundry map to next game crashes. I want to know why is that going on, and will that going to be fixed?
    2. When I do *Tour the universe* map goes crazy, my char becomes white, system becomes white, even screen for changing chars goes white, other chars go white, sector space goes white, Inventory shows only numbers not icons.
    3. In Battlezone game crashes.
    4. When I press *E* when I am in sector space when map is on my ship does not start to move, only map zoom in. And when I look Galaxy map it does not show where I am anymore (it does not have that dot like there was before). When I am in Sirius Sector block that arrow for going to other Blocks are upside down. Many people want that back as it was before.
    edited November 2013
    pec3 wrote: »
    I have a lot of problems in this game, and I am not only one in my fleet that have this problems.
    1. I have problems with foundry missions.
    When I want to start one, or want to cross from one foundry map to next game crashes. I want to know why is that going on, and will that going to be fixed?
    2. When I do *Tour the universe* map goes crazy, my char becomes white, system becomes white, even screen for changing chars goes white, other chars go white, sector space goes white, Inventory shows only numbers not icons.
    3. In Battlezone game crashes.
    4. When I press *E* when I am in sector space when map is on my ship does not start to move, only map zoom in. And when I look Galaxy map it does not show where I am anymore (it does not have that dot like there was before). When I am in Sirius Sector block that arrow for going to other Blocks are upside down. Many people want that back as it was before.

I had this kind of things happen in a lesser way and it was because there were another program downloading lots of files in the background, thus consuming a lot of bandwidth.

So my guess (it could something totally unrelated, of course) is the connection isn't strong enough, there is a problem between your PC and Cryptic servers which happens randomly and without any warning (way more often than it should and unfortunately, you can't do a lot, apart trying to use the proxies you can configure in the launcher).

You could also try to delete your STO files (after backing it up, of course, if you have enough disk space) and redownloading the client.

Someone had the clever idea to save a standalone STO launcher, so you don't get bothered by Arc: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13504631&postcount=115
    #TASforSTO
  • silverrain79silverrain79 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    Except it's NOT playing it back in your inventory.

What he means is it's taking it OUT of your slot/unequipping it and putting it BACK into your inventory. However, that's not entirely accurate, the devices stay slotted they just disappear from your tray and can't be reequipped until you change maps, and they do so automagickally. However, if you keep an extra stack of said consumable in your inventory when you use one it will take from those and not remove them from your tray. So do that for the time being.
    Delirium Tremens
    XO of Training
    Tier 5 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy, Tier 3 Dilithium Mine, Tier 3 Spire
    Join us at www.dtfleet.com
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Brandon, I know the team is working on fixing the episode 'Mine Enemy'. Are they also looking into why we can't get 'Rai'* to join our crew as a duty officer for romulan republic characters that have skipped the tutorial after character creation? My KDF allied romulan has no option to get her as a doff. She is suppose to join your crew no matter what rank your diplomacy/marauding is for romulan republic characters and mine has marauding rank 3.

Gonna be a while before I get rank 4 so I don't know if she will join my crew then.

*This doff http://sto.gamepedia.com/Rai (Rai is standing right behind you when you beam down to the planet in 'Mine Enemy' after scanning the 3 moons.)

Thank you for everything you guys do.
  • vezznavezzna Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Mine Enemy is broken now too, as of this patch... a know issue.

Does this mean my character will get stuck when I get to the level where I need to do this mission to continue leveling?
  • oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so we're having a downtime and a patch and you're not fixing the tray items bug ?

that's...bold...pwl/cryptic...even for you...
    edited November 2013
    vezzna wrote: »
    Does this mean my character will get stuck when I get to the level where I need to do this mission to continue leveling?
    Normally, you can skip the mission by using "skip" in the "episode" tab.
    #TASforSTO
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Branflakes:

There are a huge number of known issues missing from the patch notes.
    These should be added just so that people are aware of them and (hopefully) to ensure that the devs focus on fixing them.

1) Sphere of influence costume glitch
    KDF costumes are rendered permanently unusable under certain conditions after running SoI

2) Half resolution option locked in current selection
    After S8 went live the half resolution option no longer works. Players that had this switched on prior to S8 can no longer switch it off and are stuck running the game in c. 400x600 res.

3) Exchange filter by price by unit does not work
    Post S8 this sort filter does not work and does not correctly order items.

4) Tetryon damage whilst using FAW
    Tetron damage has a larger than intended reduction in damage numbers when using FAW than all the other damage types.

5) KDF access to Delta Volanis
    KDF characters can no longer enter DV zone from Sirus sector block

6) Using consumable removed power button from your skill bar
    The description in the current patch notes 'Using a equipped consumable item will place the equipped stack back into the inventory' is not correct. The item is not placed back into your inventory, it is the power button that is removed from your skill bar. Getting it back is very hard and impossible in combat (you have to unequip and reequip the consumable then add the power back)

These are just the ones I know about/have been making my time playing STO pretty miserable. I am sure that there are more that are affecting other players. Not having all of these issues listed on the patch notes is subversive and does not help matters so please can you correct this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • kishimotomikishimotomi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So hopefully that the new patch will allow me to log on and play...if not then I am not sure if I wait for another week.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm going to direct this question directly at the man who, after all, is responsible for the whole of the STO team. Dan Stahl the Executive Producer.

The question is:

What happened to the improvements in QA (Quality Assurance) that was promised so many months ago Dan? I've highlighted the words of the acronym because they are incredibly important words, neither of which has been evident in this latest release.

I've only really been playing STO since it went F2P, although I love the game enough to have become a lifer, so I can only judge on my experiences since beginning to play this game. My experience tells me that this is the worst release in my game memory.

Now let me quantify that. I don't mean the content that's been added (The Solanae Sphere). Although its not really my "cup of tea" its evident that an extreme amount of work has gone into that and people are thoroughly enjoying it. For that I say well done!

What I mean by the worst release is in the way this has broken SO MANY other items in the game, some seemingly not connected! We have issues ranging from the UI through to missions that will not complete successfully.

The list of fresh issues is quite extensive.

I have never seen so many bugs and errors caused by a release/patch, some bugs seemingly squashed long ago have reappeared. All of this on top of EXISTING bugs.

QA, and all of its inherent procedures (version control, mapping, project control, etc, etc) are meant not only to minimize customer dissatisfaction but to also protect you guys from creating even more work for yourselves that necessary!

I cut my teeth on development programming so I know how soul destroying it is to pour your heart and soul into a project only to see it bought to its knees or criticized because of a supporting procedure failing or a mistake further up the development chain.

I love this game. I love the work you guys do when everything works as planned. I understand the commercial pressures you must be under. Its a business and it needs to make money to survive and thrive, we ALL benefit from that however don't do that at the expense of quality and professionalism.

Yours sincerely,

A concerned STO supporter.
    server_hamster6.png
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice, fixes. I like fixes.
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kurgan2001 wrote: »
    Also, searching by type (common, uncommon, rare, very rare) is bugged as well, even when typing the exact name of the item and searching the 'all' category.

This is a really annoying bug... hope it gets addressed soon...
    Now the Breach will be giving dilitium and bonus marks from the event, will it be given a cool down?
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • teufelhunden0317teufelhunden0317 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    xancha wrote: »
    you want some cheese to go with your wineing
    You want to consult a dictionary before you insult others? Whining...not hard..use your brain housing group. Fact is, people are fed up with extremely buggy releases from Cryptic. Granted this one wasn't as jack up as the Romulan release but there are some significant factors that seem to get overlooked. It would seem that for each little bit they add, they break two things that have been running fine. I think some consideration for the loyal players and a bit more in the testing phase would significantly reduce the number of people blowing your rear end up on the forums for the lack luster performance of your game. I'm sure some Cryptic fanboy is waiting to jump on this post and insult me for questioning their faith in the all mighty PWE and Cryptic deity (that they can't seem to question for themselves).
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    I'm going to direct this question directly at the man who, after all, is responsible for the whole of the STO team. Dan Stahl the Executive Producer.

The question is:

What happened to the improvements in QA (Quality Assurance) that was promised so many months ago Dan? I've highlighted the words of the acronym because they are incredibly important words, neither of which has been evident in this latest release....

First of all, sorry for chopping out the rest of your post Nyx. You and I have discussed this in length on a few occasions, and I think we both agree that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way things seem to slip through the cracks.

Secondly, the quoted part of Nyx's post is two of the three main reasons I have thus far opted out of an LTS.

Part one is the apparent lack of QA involved with what seems like anything that has to do with a release of new content, be it ships, story lines, full new seasons...etc etc.

Part two has to do with the many many times things have been promised or said to be happening only to have these things never happen, or in one case I can think of off the top of my head, flat out saying one thing then doing the complete opposite in what seemed like a very underhanded attempt to sneak in a particular change to STFs (which was quickly reversed, probably when someone realised they didn't get away with it).

The third part I will leave out, as it really has no place in this thread.

Now, Nyx hit on a pretty wide range of what QA means, and I wholeheartedly agree; however, the part of that I'd really like to see improved the most is VERSION CONTROL. How many times must the same bugs or same types of bugs be reintroduced? How many patches over the past 3 years have we logged in when the server(s) come back up, only to stop and say 'Again? Seriously??'

(Still trying to figure out how the elevator door in the cave system on Nukara had anything at all to do with the release of S8...oh wait the Iconians took it. Yeah that's the ticket.)
    edited November 2013
    You want to consult a dictionary before you insult others? Whining...not hard..use your brain housing group.
    It's called a pun. Wine/whine.
    I'm sure some Cryptic fanboy is waiting to jump on this post and insult me for questioning their faith in the all mighty PWE and Cryptic deity (that they can't seem to question for themselves).
    I'm not a Cryptic fanboy as I don't hesitate to say how horrible their QA is, but I (and probably other players) am getting sick of seeing the various "you say I'm going too far in my criticism so you're a Cryptic apologist/zealot/fanboy/butt-kisser".
    #TASforSTO
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    T-minus 3 hours, 30 minutes until the lift-off of the improved game launcher.
  • ototo999ototo999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just fix the LOGIN/GRAPHIC, DEVICES and QUESTS bugs, that are actually the ones that are making u dont give the customers the service they paid for and like 90% of the ppl will be happy again.

No offense to the rest of u, im affected by other bugs also, but im able to login, play, etc... so they are far from important considering those 3 other ppl are having. Im only affected by the devices, but i can live with it for some days. Not that i use baterries that often (here is where a guy with his [amp] core and leech console says "what??")

How can in hell be more important to fix the exchange or a custome than to fix the login of other person????? If u think so, DONT LIE TO YOURSELF, u are a selfish idiot that can only think in yourself, hopefully nobody will depend in u, cause if so they are ..... (if i use the correct word to describe this, this post will be deleted, so ridiculously high is the grade of selfishment of persons like these)

And yes, i want those bugs fixed, BUT, only when the 3 highlighted up are fixed, no sooner.
  • cirnonnuscirnonnus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice to know I wasn't the only one with this bug...
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • newplayercoopernewplayercooper Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i not mind bug when playing the game

if u just fix the crash so i and other can get into the game would make me very happey i not been able to plat sto for over a week now so if u can get working that be just nice :D
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is the KDF costume problem still on the back burner (like not being able to swap costumes)? A couple of my KDF characters are able to switch clothes, the rest ... not so much. Clothes gotta get cleaned, ya know? you can't ambush someone on the ground if they can smell you coming.

And the issue with the battery stack going *poof* when I use them? I know these have been brought up before, just wondering how important they are in the bug-fix-ometer scale.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not one of the bugs I've been running into since S7 and S8 are being fixed with this patch >.<
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Is the KDF costume problem still on the back burner (like not being able to swap costumes)? A couple of my KDF characters are able to switch clothes, the rest ... not so much. Clothes gotta get cleaned, ya know? you can't ambush someone on the ground if they can smell you coming.

And the issue with the battery stack going *poof* when I use them? I know these have been brought up before, just wondering how important they are in the bug-fix-ometer scale.

Yeah the KDF bug costume is the biggest issue for me too. The consumable stack can be annoying , if you run a ground elite stf.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • mutualcoremutualcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "New music has been added to the following zones:

Dyson Joint Command
    Allied Zone
    Contested Zone
    Voth Bridge"

If this anything like what was added to New Romulus a few weeks in, I can't wait!

lol on tribble it is nukara music...hope that isn't what is really going to be there.
This discussion has been closed.