One toon keeps crashing everytime i try to log the toon on
what can i do about it:)
Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
Post edited by kirkson2 on

Comments

• Options
    smokinssoulmatesmokinssoulmate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Launch the game into safe mode, move the character to a non-populated area.

reset everything to default

lower graphics, sound etc.

try again on regular version.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    how do you launch the game in safe mode i have the same issue with my romulan toon he is trapped ont he flotilla
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yes i have no idea how to launch in safe mode
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kirkson2 wrote: »
    yes i have no idea how to launch in safe mode

Safe mode is enabled through a check box in the Launcher Options menu. (its near the bottom, so scroll down...)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well safe mode did not help still crashed before the toon fully loaded in
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have you tried going on the test tribble?
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainscott1977captainscott1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried the safe mode recommendation, unfortunately it did not work for me. I did, however, get a new ticket#27408796....
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That is bizarre...what about your video drivers?
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    i'll transfer that toon and try it out. the other toons are fine
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tried safe mode--fail
    tried graphic drivers-fail
    tried tribble- toon can get on tribble but not on regular server
    submitted a ticket hoping for best
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    heres what tech suggest
    When I try to log in with one of my characters, the game crashes! I can log in with my other characters without any problems. (Angelica engine MMO games only)

Here are several solutions that have worked for our players. Please take some time and carefully go over them.

You can try turning down the graphic settings for the game, and then quickly clicking on "Return to Town", or "Town Portal" as the game logs in before it crashes.

You can try logging with your character. When the loading screen appears, press and hold the W key. (or the A, S, or D keys) When the game loads, your character should be running. The error message will still appear, but continue holding down W until your character has run beyond the spot where your game crashed. Restart the game and you should be able to play as normal. You may need to run the game in windowed mode for this to work. If your character was flying at the time, you will probably need to restart the game and try again after he lands.

Another thing to be aware of that you can try, is that you can log into a character on the SAME ACCOUNT (that has no problem logging in) before you log into the character you want to log in with (and are having problems with). If you don't have another character, simply make one. This for some reason enables you to log in to the character you wanna log in with the next time you try to log i .

Please note though, if you disconnect, you have to repeat the process, because it won't work once again.

Another method to try is going to the game Launcher screen, go to Settings, and turn ALL of the Settings to the left, to be OFF and un-check (turn off) all of the graphic settings. Try experimenting with the in-game settings with another character.

Select Windowed mode, and choose a default resolution like 800x600, or 1024x768 (or whatever works for you from the list.)

Then attempt to Start the game, select the character that was giving you the issue (and crashing to the desktop with an error log screen showing up) and see if you can get in game after making those changes.

It may take multiple tries to get success.

If you continue to have problems, please send in a ticket to Tech Support and let us know exactly what you have tried, and what errors that you got.
  • Options
    smokinssoulmatesmokinssoulmate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kirkson2

sounds like the Tech suggested almost everything we said here to try already :D they should read our forum lol.

the holding down the movement keys while the char loads is a good idea.

Also I would just add to it, when you have the game in window mode and doing everything else. Just make sure STO is the only thing you have on.

turn off Teamspeak, turn off im chats, turn off anything that makes your system have to work so it can give a 100% to getting you unstuck.

Also Bypass your router and connect your computer directly to the modem and connect and try pushing forward, also just try pressing the auto-walk. so you don't over load your keyboard and get that annoying beep sound.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    still nothing worked i suddenly remembered my toon was dancing on top of Q so when they erased Q i must have dissapeared