What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Did S8 Do To Keybinds? *team is investigating*

Comments

• Options
    miklsilvermiklsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    to me it is useless. keybinds my file is loaded, but no buttons do not work out of it. when loading another map, all of the buttons on the taskbar by default become old. But do not work neither one nor the other. Management does not change when you boot another map. empty buttons are filled by other names, but do not work. impossible to play.
  • Options
    mcnabbsmcnabbs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I suspect, it might be some kind of localization issue. I myself use a german keyboard, and there were a few posts from people, who mentioned using german keyboards before. Miksilver here sounds like he might be using a non-english keyboard as well.

Maybe someone can try, if switching to US/English keyboard is of any use? I'm not in the best position to do that, having a fixed notebook keyboard...
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mcnabbs wrote: »
    Maybe someone can try, if switching to US/English keyboard is of any use? I'm not in the best position to do that, having a fixed notebook keyboard...

I use a US/English keyboard.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    up theme
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    still waiting
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I am still having this problem. I can rebind T to the keybind I want, via bindfile or command line. The bindfile continues to mess up my F (Interact) bind despite not having that in the file. Binding T in the command line works, but only until I rezone. Once I rezone, the bind reverts to the transwarp menu.
  • Options
    lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still no news about fixing that bug?
    are the devs even aware of it?
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone else lost the ability to use the F-keys for power level key binding?
    None of my preS8 fkey binds work anymore.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    still waiting....(
  • Options
    salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hi Devs

Today i re-installed STO (just to clear some corrupted and unused files)
    and also resetted my entire options and settings

Now everytime i make adjustments to my keybinds they keep resetting everytime i switch a map or i switch between RPG mode and Shooter Mode

Untill this is fixed i cant play the game cus i need my keybinds
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Hi Devs

Now everytime i make adjustments to my keybinds they keep resetting everytime i switch a map or i switch between RPG mode and Shooter Mode

I had do a similar thing on Monday night, but after copying my key bind files back into the game and reconfiguring my mouse profile mine are working almost perfectly.

For those that are having trouble it might be better if you try setting your key binds as a .txt file at least for now.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    sqwished wrote: »
    For those that are having trouble it might be better if you try setting your key binds as a .txt file at least for now.

That's how I do it, and my binds are messed up ingame, and keep resetting.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi Devs

cant play too. still waiting(((((((
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I created a temporary fix keybind that reloads my keybind file, and gives me a little message to let me know it worked. I also amended my bindfile to explicitly define the buttons that kept resetting and causing me troubles. Now if I have troubles with my binds resetting, all I do is hit the button to reload the bindfile. Feel free to use/amend it to fit your own binding needs.

My New Keybind File:
    Windows
    Control+f "FleetWindow"
    Control+i "Inventory"
    Control+k "Skills"
    Control+u "CharacterStatus"
    Control+o "People"
    Control+j "Missions"
    Control+l "Diary"
    Control+m "Map"
    Control+p "ShowTrayPowers"

Quick Messages
    - ChannelSend Team Everyone target >> $target <<
    equals ChannelSend Team Can I get a heal over here?

Cannon Chain
    y "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 4 0 4 1 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

Tactical Team Chain
    t "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 4 2 4 3 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

EPtX Chain
    h "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 4 4 4 5 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

Attack Patterns
    g "trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 4 6 4 7 $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

Fire with Fireworks
    space "FireAll $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields $$ +trayexec 0 9"

Middleclick "FireAll"

home "screenshot_ui_jpg"

S8 Keybind Fixes
    i ""
    k ""
    u ""
    o ""
    j ""
    l ""
    m ""
    p ""
    f "InteractWindow"
    Scroll "bind_load_file Space1.txt $$ Playersay Keybinds reloaded."

They still need to get this fixed, though, since I really shouldn't need to keep reloading everything.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    This problem will be solved or not? MANY people do not play because of her and waits fix. Problem management - one of the top priorities! And I was advised NOT to play on credit default keyboard layout. I want my KEYBINDS. Who work five seasons. And not work now. Please correct errors!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    still no sign of a fix :/
    it's getting very annoying...
    the keybinds reset everytime i change maps or for example beam into a pvp match
    so everytime before the match starts i have to /load_file ...
    sigh
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Stiiiiillll Heeereeee..............
  • Options
    mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just noticed it today too. Welcome to the club :/
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's some more info: I have not actually noticed my KEYBINDS resetting. In all cases, my buttons work. HOWEVER, the UI display of what buttons are assigned to what tray, in the event that no button is visibly assigned, will revert to the displaying the default controls...but these controls do not actually work, and my actual controls will.

I would thus consider this to be at best a minor irritant, and not a serious issue. Can anyone else confirm that this is what actually happens? Do you ACTUALLY lose your keys, or does it just visibly appear so on the tray?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Here's some more info: I have not actually noticed my KEYBINDS resetting. In all cases, my buttons work. HOWEVER, the UI display of what buttons are assigned to what tray, in the event that no button is visibly assigned, will revert to the displaying the default controls...but these controls do not actually work, and my actual controls will.

I would thus consider this to be at best a minor irritant, and not a serious issue. Can anyone else confirm that this is what actually happens? Do you ACTUALLY lose your keys, or does it just visibly appear so on the tray?

What happens is buttons we have bound to one thing end up resetting so they're bound to something else. It is not limited just to the tray.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    are there any news about this issue?
    the issue still remains -.-

for those who don't know what's going on:

the keybinds reset after every map change
    i made some screenies:

(i did the "/unbind_all" command and rebound my keys and saved it as a file which looks good as you can see on the left side)
    (then i switched maps and saved it again as file and i got the file on the right)

Keybind File Difference

this pic down here shows how it resets binds after a map change

Tray Difference

you can even see that the tray has now two times the key "1" showing at the lower row after the map change
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hm, i dont think i had those issues. But what i really find very irritating is the need to reconfigure all your power slots when you switch ships, because they are automatically assigned to your new selected ship. So i need to drag-drop again all my skills and powers to the power bar.
  • Options
    sethagornsethagorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am not sure what the problem is for sure, as I'm not exactly a game developer. However, I can say with complete certainty that the keybind system needs some attention.

The main problem I'm having is when trying to re-map a key to a different function. It seems to "Retain" it's "Default" mapping. Which is not good.

This greatly hinders a players ability to map the keybinds to their choosing.

Please look into this, thanks.
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This bug could totally need more attention, its definitely one of the more annoying bugs that made it in this year.
  • Options
    plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    refar13 wrote: »
    I have a similar issue. The same actually, just with other keys, that the OP mentioned. Seems to somehow be caused/affected by localization, since most of (maybe all) affected keys are some kinds of special characters - ?,?,? on my german keyboard for example.

Also the keys 1...0, CTRL+1...0, ALT+1...0 are reassigned to the tray 1..4 on every map change, no matter, what custom options i might have had for them.

Having basically the same issue. VERY frustrating.
  • Options
    precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Giving this a bump as there has be 4 thats right 4 PAGES of Bugs reported in 4 days still no Fix for this.

So Back to first page with you Hopefully we can start the Month of *Team Investigating* before we get the first broken Fix :)
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It's still happening to me, although not all the time for reasons I cannot determine. Usually I'll warp into a combat zone, attack something, and find my binds aren't working. It isn't even all my binds, just a select few; the keybind I made to reload my binds still works.
    :confused:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    are there any news about this issue?
    the issue still remains -.-

for those who don't know what's going on:

the keybinds reset after every map change
    i made some screenies:

(i did the "/unbind_all" command and rebound my keys and saved it as a file which looks good as you can see on the left side)
    (then i switched maps and saved it again as file and i got the file on the right)

Keybind File Difference

this pic down here shows how it resets binds after a map change

Tray Difference

you can even see that the tray has now two times the key "1" showing at the lower row after the map change
    I'm not sure if that difference is actually meaningful. It might simply be a display change. I've noted a similar... issue... in getting my joystick to work. But the bind file works even with the hexadecimal numbers instead of readable entries.

One thing I noted is that removing a default bind was causing it to add an entry with the now non-bound key but with "" instead of an action to take.

Even so it's a pain to try to figure out. :(

I remember an issue in one of the older seasons where you couldn't clear the shift+enter keybind no matter what you did. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg