test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fatal Error decompressing data

I constantly get this error when i try to play fed character...Fatal Error:Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

The same thing repeats again....
And then Texture_Libary/Space/Sector/sector_Gridlines_10_Circle_D.Wtex:

i can play klingon but not fed...i remember exiting in borg space the last time..

Can some1 help me?
Post edited by domen33 on

Comments

• jennyluvejennyluve Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    domen33 wrote: »
    I constantly get this error when i try to play fed character...Fatal Error:Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

The same thing repeats again....
    And then Texture_Libary/Space/Sector/sector_Gridlines_10_Circle_D.Wtex:

i can play klingon but not fed...i remember exiting in borg space the last time..

Can some1 help me?

Hello domen33!

Please navigate to the following folder on your computer: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs

Find a file and delete it then relaunch the game. The launcher will force verify manually and not through the gui (which means it'll work). Not only will the missing file be re-downloaded, but (hopefully), any corrupted file will get fixed and this issue should no longer plague you.

Let me know if this worked and if not, I'll look at other possible solutions for you.

Jenna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Been playing since launch.
  • malamurmalamur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    as far as fixing the issue, i have redownloaded the game 4-5 times now, deleted this folder to verify just these files (which are obnoxiously large), tried running in administrator, disabling antivirus+autoupdate etc.

If you can get this working for more than a few days, let me know too. i have an open ticket right now, as much as i don't really expect a solution to crop up after seeing that this error has plagued this game for almost 3 years now. I get my game running for a few days at the most if i am lucky, run into an erroneous texture and crash to desktop. im honestly getting frustrated redownloading the game over and over for a few days of play.
    edited January 2013
    malamur wrote: »
    as far as fixing the issue, i have redownloaded the game 4-5 times now, deleted this folder to verify just these files (which are obnoxiously large), tried running in administrator, disabling antivirus+autoupdate etc.

If you can get this working for more than a few days, let me know too. i have an open ticket right now, as much as i don't really expect a solution to crop up after seeing that this error has plagued this game for almost 3 years now. I get my game running for a few days at the most if i am lucky, run into an erroneous texture and crash to desktop. im honestly getting frustrated redownloading the game over and over for a few days of play.

Hello malamur!

Please attempt the procedure I listed above, NOT an uninstall/reinstall of the game itself and NOT the entire piggs folder either. There is indeed a method to the so called madness listed here and I'm fairly confident that if you were to follow the above it might just work out for you. If not, then there's a much more nefarious issue going on here that's not directly related to the software itself.

Let me know how it went.

Jenna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • domen33domen33 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jennyluve wrote: »
    Hello domen33!

Please navigate to the following folder on your computer: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs

Find a file and delete it then relaunch the game. The launcher will force verify manually and not through the gui (which means it'll work). Not only will the missing file be re-downloaded, but (hopefully), any corrupted file will get fixed and this issue should no longer plague you.

Let me know if this worked and if not, I'll look at other possible solutions for you.

Jenna

hm.....what file?
    i only have bins , bins2 , bins3 , character , data , dynamic , exes , object , sound , texture , texture2 and texture 3 files in that folder
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    malamur wrote: »
    Are you using a High Performance RAM set? As many of the high speed sets require higher voltage (1.65 Volts) then the motherboard default and industry standard setting of 1.5 Volt. Under-voltage of RAM can produce file corruption issues...
    edited January 2013
    Are you using a High Performance RAM set? As many of the high speed sets require higher voltage (1.65 Volts) then the motherboard default and industry standard setting of 1.5 Volt. Under-voltage of RAM can produce file corruption issues...

Any file inside the piggs folder, it really doesn't matter, however, the larger the file the longer the download time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    jennyluve wrote: »
    Any file inside the piggs folder, it really doesn't matter, however, the larger the file the longer the download time.

I'll try deleting all files in there (I will back up them though) .... I'll tell you if anything happens
    edited January 2013
    I have deleted all files (5Gb) in the piggs folder and then repatched , and belive it or not it worked..... But just in case i transwarped away and from now on i'm never getting back to borg space
  • captainaikenscaptainaikens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am having the same issue. Tried first deleting one file and then the entire contents of the piggs folder but the game has been continually crashing on the 'Cryptic' launch screen with this error. Also after the 1st attempt the file: GameClient.exe*32 stays active and unless I use task manager to force close it any repeated attempt to launch the game results in the launcher app simply displaying the word "patching" but nothing else.

My system is fairly decent: windows 7, 965 AMD cpu, 16GB ram and the HIS HD 5870 Turbo graphics card. Nothing is overclocked and the computer has run the game since launch with no problems though admittedly I haven't logged in the last couple months, but still...

Help?

Anyone?
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am having the same issue. Tried first deleting one file and then the entire contents of the piggs folder but the game has been continually crashing on the 'Cryptic' launch screen with this error. Also after the 1st attempt the file: GameClient.exe*32 stays active and unless I use task manager to force close it any repeated attempt to launch the game results in the launcher app simply displaying the word "patching" but nothing else.

My system is fairly decent: windows 7, 965 AMD cpu, 16GB ram and the HIS HD 5870 Turbo graphics card. Nothing is overclocked and the computer has run the game since launch with no problems though admittedly I haven't logged in the last couple months, but still...

Help?

Anyone?

I have begun experiencing the same problem. Fatal error decompressing data. I cannot go to Qo'nos, which is quite a pain for someone whose main character is from that faction.

Deleting one file in the folder has not changed anything.

My memory is already running at the correct voltage.

Any other ideas?
  • zyclon5zyclon5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm having the same problem. both my characters are stuck by Deferi.
    I keep re-installing and trying the newest launcher, even formatted my hd yesterday. But I keep getting the fatal error about the piggs files.
    Also was getting spiratic reboots and chkdsk keeps finding orphaned files. Been thinking I have bad sectors but surface scan found no new ones.
    I'll have to try this remedy.
  • zyclon5zyclon5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also after the 1st attempt the file: GameClient.exe*32 stays active and unless I use task manager to force close it any repeated attempt to launch the game results in the launcher app simply displaying the word "patching" but nothing else.

That's exactly what mine is doing. Games client stays in memory around 400MB and says "patching" but is doing nothing but looking STUPID (game).:mad:
  • richardless77richardless77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have come across this issue multiple times myself and the one thing that has worked (at least temporarily) is to delete ALL the testure.hogg files located inside the pigg folder. You will have to re-download about 6GB of game but this has always worked for me until they come along with a major new patch.
  • dolphinman70dolphinman70 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can not delete any files in the piggs folder, it says all the files are in use in the gameclient.exe folder, but it will not let me open it so i can close it.

pls help
  • dekabreak1000dekabreak1000 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    go into task manager and right click on game client and then end the process
  • brish01brish01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ive had this happen, and the funny thing is form the game server.

Force verfing the files, normally fix this inless youre messing with the test server.

Just let it verfy the files, and you sould be done. No reall need to redownload everything.
    18.jpg
  • walkinwwalkinw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi all,

I am having similar trouble, I have not even been able to play the game at all yet.

Tried 'force verify' but had the same problem, I would rather not delete and re download the texture.piggs if there is another way, if not... it will have to be done.

I have just downloaded and patched the game and then when I hit engage and loading screen comes up I get about three quaters of the through and then get this fatal error message: Fatal Error: error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue: Texture_Library/System/Engine/Black.Wtek

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • sylntsycosylntsyco Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've re-verified, I've re-patched, I've even re-installed and did the whole dance again. I cannot get past my character select, the game continues to crash in the loading screen for my character. I have no idea what to do to fix it, but thankfully I haven't given any money to them, so I wont be out too much other than some stress, time, and a headache, if I give up on this game if the issue doesn't get resolved soon.
  • amanyaamanya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    New to Forums. And only have a minor knowledge of PC's. Had the fatl crash yesterday while in Qu'Nos (no idea if spelled right) and let it go cause was trying to get back to me fed avatar. Now having it today on my fed. Tried to force verify but launcher did nothing but seem to freeze. Now trying the delete of the pigg file. I deleted whole file then I force verified and it is now downloading files don't know if it will fix problem. You said something about pc speed and mother boards can you explain a little about how to check please on speeds and mother boards?
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    amanya wrote: »
    New to Forums. And only have a minor knowledge of PC's. Had the fatl crash yesterday while in Qu'Nos (no idea if spelled right) and let it go cause was trying to get back to me fed avatar. Now having it today on my fed. Tried to force verify but launcher did nothing but seem to freeze. Now trying the delete of the pigg file. I deleted whole file then I force verified and it is now downloading files don't know if it will fix problem. You said something about pc speed and mother boards can you explain a little about how to check please on speeds and mother boards?

I have no knowledge of the specs being an issue to load the launcher and/or patch it or launch the game itself for that matter. Unless of course you use a five hundred year old computer or it's assembled by yourself and you did something wrong.
    The issues should at most come at driver, software and/or as OS related. There are various tools out for free that enables you easily to check and update your computer, without any knowledge how a computer works.

Search phrases you can use to give you the idea.

Free update tool
    Computer update manager
    Driver software updater

And so on. Download.cnet.com are a great site with loads of free and paid tools you can search through.
  • nolann1nolann1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just like JennyLuve, I just deleted the ' piggs ' folder completely , and also the ' prepatch ' folder (to get rid of ALL Patch files , and then launched the game again , so it would Automatically re-download all PATCH FILES... and it did, and I could get into STO with all areas , including the new Season 8 areas/maps working... :) Hope this helps all. ~ Nolan
  • malamurmalamur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    think i found a solution, has to do with voltage as stated earlier in post