test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PWE Prepaid Cards 15% Bonus ZEN Promo [Now Ended]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are happy to announce that from now until Monday, November 18th, 2013 (2PM PST), players will receive an additional 15% bonus ZEN when redeeming PWE Prepaid Cards.*

BONUS! Grab your ZEN now to buy Master Keys for our new Voth Lock Box, and your chance to win one of the great new Voth ships! Details here.

*Click here for full details.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So If I use $50 of PWE game cards do I get the 300 ZEN bonus in addition to the 15%; if not it's no bonus once you pay the tax on the purchase of a card.
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vulcanmonk wrote: »
    So If I use $50 of PWE game cards do I get the 300 ZEN bonus in addition to the 15%; if not it's no bonus once you pay the tax on the purchase of a card.

What Tax, there is no Tax on the cards, well at least where I live.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tax in New York...USA.
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Tax in New York...USA.

That sucks

Glad I live on the Jersey side of the River, No tax on game cards.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2013
    Tax in New York...USA.

Highest sales tax rate in New York is 8.875%.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Youl be able to get that 300 zen bonus IF YOU BUY a single $50 card. Not if you buy 2 $20s and a ten. As the way they have it setup is you can only redeem ONE card at a time.

Been there tried that.

3 days and counting 45 lobi gone. Please get the game fixed I WANT to play!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Doesn't sound like a reasonable deal with the cards.

While the non-card offer is decent, because of ARC I will not be buying Zen from now on. I will not support a company that forces bad applications on their customer base. Especially when the old game launchers are functioning perfectly and everyone is happy with it.
  • Options
    arrowear1arrowear1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Youl be able to get that 300 zen bonus IF YOU BUY a single $50 card. Not if you buy 2 $20s and a ten. As the way they have it setup is you can only redeem ONE card at a time.

Been there tried that.

3 days and counting 45 lobi gone. Please get the game fixed I WANT to play!

Thanks for the info...that's exactly what I needed to know.
  • Options
    nynjah12nynjah12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well this sucks I just bought $40 dollars worth of Zen yesterday
  • Options
    nynjah12nynjah12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tax in New York...USA.

What part of New York do you live in cause there is no tax on PWE cards where I'm at
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why you PWE doing that so difficult, no cards, no tax, no any shiats, make that simply +15% bonus ZEN if we could purchase. I don't understand your TRIBBLE merchandising , or you thinking , my grandma will go to paypal and buy me some prepaid cards ?
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nynjah12 wrote: »
    Well this sucks I just bought $40 dollars worth of Zen yesterday

Same, even the same amount. Wish you guys would've made this and the key event coincide like you did in the past. That last week of risa y'all probably got 2-300 dollars out of me. This time, you got forty. I definitely would've doubled it if the events had coincided.

As a customer, I will always reward what I see as generosity. Going to remember this next time, unless the events overlap, I'm not buying.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do love a Zen Promo but why do you have to make it so damned hard for international customers to participate??

My nearest outlet for one of these cards is in whole other country!!!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cant get these cards in Australia :(
    If they do sell them here, i live to far from a store to pick it up, i live in the sticks.....guess i miss out.
    Dont know why you couldn't just do the promo with payal, least that is worldwide :(
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh sure. Start this promo *after* the sale on master keys ends. LOL. :D

Hopefully I can get at least 1 $20 Zen card at Gamestop Saturday. (My local Gamestop only sells the $20 cards :()
  • Options
    iggygreeniggygreen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    YAY zen promo, now i just have to buy a plane ticket to get to a country that has the stores that sell the cards, woo what a suprise EU stihs out again
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    /le sigh

Get it into your heads PWE, these promos, while nice for US players, are useless here in Europe, and doubly so here in Scandinavia. I have not seen a PWE prepaid card in a long time...

I have seen them once, yes ONCE, in about 1.5-2 years time, and that was in a big GameStop store in Oslo, Norways capital city. No PWE prepaid cards spotted since then.

Have these promos on your own website, so that all players can partake.

Makes for much more satisfied community...
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "I don't buy Zen often, but when I do, it's through Paypal, at a 15% bonus. Stay focused my friends."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    wayofdera wrote: »
    "I don't buy Zen often, but when I do, it's through Paypal, at a 15% bonus. Stay focused my friends."

Sorry, but I do not see any bonus when choosing PayPal, unless I'm missing something...

Will check the local GS store tomorrow, but I do not have high hopes...
  • Options
    deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    would be nice if they had it where you can buy them off from the site & receive the codes. its just not everyone wants to drive miles all over the place to get a card. you would think there was a way off the site. too bad cant find any on ebay or somewhere....& without wanting to tax the heck out of you...
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow I feel odd being the only one kinda happy about this sale. I have a plethora of Gamestops, Walmarts, Wallgreens, and Targets that all sell the cards to and from my place of work. I'll be honest I use the cards for about 90% of my STO purchases so I have a few days to collect a few extra zen if I want to. I like this. It's rare I get the extra 15% because the sales usually demand you to pay through a credit card on the PWE website, which I feel uncomfortable about.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wow I feel odd being the only one kinda happy about this sale. I have a plethora of Gamestops, Walmarts, Wallgreens, and Targets that all sell the cards to and from my place of work. I'll be honest I use the cards for about 90% of my STO purchases so I have a few days to collect a few extra zen if I want to. I like this. It's rare I get the extra 15% because the sales usually demand you to pay through a credit card on the PWE website, which I feel uncomfortable about.

I too would have been happy if I lived in the US, but alas, I do not.

PWE pre-paid cards can be very hard to find here in Norway, if not outright impossible.

As I said earlier, I have seen them, but the are very rare to find. If they do carry any, it's not for Zen, but rather for Neverwinter or one of the other game currencies, but pure zen cards are nigh on impossible to find.

I do hope that PWE sees this, and does the Zen promo via CC card methods, so all can enjoy it, not just the few...

Needs of the many and all that you know...
  • Options
    terrafirma2012terrafirma2012 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you use the $50 pwe prepaid card, you only get the 15% bonus at checkout. I just used one and you don't get the extra 300 zen like with other options--paypal, ultimate game card, etc.
  • Options
    arketipicosarketipicos Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Where I can buy cards from Montevideo, Uruguay?
    Picana - Shaolin - Deity Warrior
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bah, would of loved this during the key sale... oh well

Also PWE are willing to sell their cards to any vendor

If you want your local stores to carry them, let them know. I fault PWE on a lot, but this one actually isn't their doing.
  • Options
    ashtrixashtrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tmassx wrote: »
    Why you PWE doing that so difficult, no cards, no tax, no any shiats, make that simply +15% bonus ZEN if we could purchase. I don't understand your TRIBBLE merchandising , or you thinking , my grandma will go to paypal and buy me some prepaid cards ?

My thoughts exactly. Makes it easier for everyone who would like to benefit from this discount, and I'm pretty sure it would generate more sales than buying pre paid cards.
    -Affiliation : Federation Starfleet.
    -Fleet Affiliation : The Bajoran Militia
    -Star Ship Designation : U.S.S. Reconnaissance
    -Ship Class : Fleet Reconnaissance Science Vessel
    -Mission : Seek out and destroy new life forms and civilizations.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Bah, would of loved this during the key sale... oh well

Also PWE are willing to sell their cards to any vendor

If you want your local stores to carry them, let them know. I fault PWE on a lot, but this one actually isn't their doing.

Oh, I have asked the local GS about it, and the guy behind the counter said that pre-paid cards sell by such a small volume that it would economical suicide to order some, since I would want 1 or 2 cards at most, and the rest would sit there unsold, wich is a loss in econimical terms for GS, and this is on a nation wide basis...

So, not much hope there, and going through E-Bay or orther such ... sites, is just not economically feasible for me, nor do I want to, since I do not trust E-Bay at all...
  • Options
    dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Oh, I have asked the local GS about it, and the guy behind the counter said that pre-paid cards sell by such a small volume that it would economical suicide to order some, since I would want 1 or 2 cards at most, and the rest would sit there unsold, wich is a loss in econimical terms for GS, and this is on a nation wide basis...

I have always been under the impression that cards such as those have no value until until they're actually sold. I would think the cards themselves would cost very little to the retailers, if anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    otowi wrote: »

So, not much hope there, and going through E-Bay or orther such ... sites, is just not economically feasible for me, nor do I want to, since I do not trust E-Bay at all...

I use to work for GS, and that's BS
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I managed to get a couple $20 Zen cards at Gamestop. It gave me a total of 600 free Zen. :D
This discussion has been closed.