test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ARC Development Update 2: Website Technology Upgrade

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Funny how the dev answering questions is only responding to post supporting this nonsense and not making any comments about the concerns and down right negative response this is getting. Can't fool me into thinking they are not seeing the negative responses since they have to read through them to find the positive ones. By choosing to only acknowledge the positive posts does not make this an accepted change.

Very well stated!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • denthilldenthill Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I also have some concerns about ARC. Let me explain:

I'm playing Champion Online, Star Trek Online and Neverwinter.

CO and NeverWinter were installed using the classic install process.
    STO was installed from Steam (much faster than a regular install)

I'm playing CO and STO in English.
    NW is the only game I play in French.

Now, the funny part.

If ARC interface is set to French, I see only NW in my list of available games.
    If I switch to english, both CO and NW are listed.
    However, if I start a NW session with ARC in english, all the game content is localised in English.
    Needless to say that STO never appears, whatever the language...

I've got no use for ARC in the current situation.
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I guarantee that this is going to be made mandatory for everyone, eventually. That's just how this sort of thing goes.

They claim that Steam users won't have to use it but if anyone believes that will be forever, I got a bridge in Brooklyn and seaside property by the Sea of Tranquility to sell the fool.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So basically what it means is due to overwhelming excitement from no one at all this will become mandatory to be bombarded with ads and such for games that I completely have no interest in.

Oh, there's been plenty of excitement... just not the kind PWE wants to promote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Made my feelings regarding this rubbish my money has went elsewhere since the very first announcement and pretty soon ill be joining it. Sto is the only game I have played from pwe and will be the last
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    The only feedback I want you to address is the spyware Arc currently uses.

When I click on NO, I expect nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing is to be scanned, logged and/or sent to PWE servers.

The current Arc program still periodically scans all my local hard drives (I have Arc on a Virtual machine which is isolated from my network) , and then tries to send the data to PWE, even though I click on NO.
    What it is scanning for I do not know, but even if you call them usage stats, it is still against my permission because I clicked NO.

If those usage stats are not covered in that option, then they need to be before I would trust it to be installed on my computers....

Hey Sunfrankcs,

Thanks for posting these test results.

In order to escalate the issue I will need a bit more info. To provide some transparency, any time we escalate an issue to our developers, we need to provide very specific information and reproduction steps in order to ensure that the issue is fully understood during the investigation. Please see the questions I've listed below and provide me with any supplemental information you can, and I'll be happy to pass along your report in full detail. I appreciate that you've taken the time to try out Arc and share your findings with us!

Specifically:

-Can you define what specific behaviors you observed on your PC that led to the conclusion that all your hard drives were being scanned?
    -What tool did you use to observe the hard drive scanning?
    -Can you elaborate on your strategy for determining that any potential hard drive scanning you observed was outside the scope of expected/accepted behavior for an application that downloads data to your hard drive?
    -What specific behavior did you observe on your PC that led to the conclusion that data was being sent to PWE?
    -Did you happen to observe what specific data was attempting to be sent? Specifically, were you able to conclude that the data attempting to be sent was related to personal data, rather than the standard back and forth one would see when browsing web pages (i.e. sending a request for data from the web page) and having a chat client open?
    -Are there any other details that you feel would be beneficial for the developers to be aware of when investigating the issue?

Thanks! Sorry if the questions seem noobish - just need to be super logical and specific when it comes to the QA process. :)
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Funny how the dev answering questions is only responding to post supporting this nonsense and not making any comments about the concerns and down right negative response this is getting. Can't fool me into thinking they are not seeing the negative responses since they have to read through them to find the positive ones. By choosing to only acknowledge the positive posts does not make this an accepted change.
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Sunfrankcs,

In order to escalate the issue I will need a bit more info. To provide some transparency, any time we escalate an issue to our developers, we need to provide very specific information and reproduction steps in order to ensure that the issue is fully understood during the investigation. Please see the questions I've listed below and provide me with any supplemental information you can, and I'll be happy to pass along your report in full detail. I appreciate that you've taken the time to try out Arc and share your findings with us!

Specifically:

-Can you define what specific behaviors you observed on your PC that led to the conclusion that all your hard drives were being scanned?
    -Can you elaborate on your strategy for determining that any potential hard drive scanning you observed was outside the scope of expected/accepted behavior for an application that downloads data to your hard drive?
    -What specific behavior did you observe on your PC that led to the conclusion that data was being sent to PWE?
    -Did you happen to observe what specific data was attempting to be sent? Specifically, were you able to conclude that the data attempting to be sent was related to personal data, rather than the standard back and forth one would see when browsing web pages (i.e. sending a request for data from the web page) and having a chat client open?
    -Are there any other details that you feel would be beneficial for the developers to be aware of when investigating the issue?

Thanks! Sorry if the questions seem noobish - just need to be super logical and specific when it comes to the QA process. :)

Point just got proven. But I will give credit for looking into an issue a player has brought up, even though it's not the big picture problem.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Sunfrankcs,

Specifically:

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I am a noob with this stuff as well. :)

My responses, as requested, are below with the information I could observe.

I used a fresh install of windows 7 on a virtual machine, setup with several VM hard drives. I use this at home anytime I test new programs.
    The VM is also up to date with all services/processes off, apart from the bare minimum that are needed to operate it.

Point one: I never used any tools, nor (To my knowledge) did I say I used any.

All I can say is once Arc was installed, Arc (32Bit) and Arc Browser (32 bit) were running on the VM, and all the attached hard drives (I don't include windows drive) were woken up and being accessed.
    I can only assume it was Arc as nothing on the VM was being used while Arc was running, and the local attached storage does not wake up unless I access them, or a program does.
    This seemed to happen at irregular times as well.
    I am not a professional, I can only tell you what I observed as a normal home user...

Point Two: I do not expect a program to access local drives other than the main windows drive, especially when you untick permission to do so.
    Please could you tell me how you think that would be acceptable?
    Your program has no reason to scan all my other drives. No other game program does, and that includes Steam.

Point Three: When my hard drives stopped being accessed, something attempted to send data through the VM network interface, but of course it was isolated, so nothing could be sent.

Point Four: I cannot tell you what Arc was scanning for and attempting to send, as I already said, I used no tools.
    Though again, even using the built in browser would only use the main drive ,and not activate all my drives....
    I did find it interesting, however, that Arc would not let me end the browser process!

Is this by design?

If it is then this needs to change, and also being able to shut the program and browser down when the game is running!
    Steam has an offline mode, you can also close Steam down entirely and still use STO!

I know my feedback is vague, but really that is all the information I can give to you. :(

Maybe I am wrong, and I am just worrying over nothing, but I did find it odd that Arc was doing this even though I unticked the "Share computer and system data with us, which helps us improve our product and service" checkbox, in the install...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• p4ncak3p4ncak3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I am a noob with this stuff as well. :)

My responses, as requested, are below with the information I could observe.

I used a fresh install of windows 7 on a virtual machine, setup with several VM hard drives. I use this at home anytime I test new programs.
    The VM is also up to date with all services/processes off, apart from the bare minimum that are needed to operate it.

Point one: I never used any tools, nor (To my knowledge) did I say I used any.

All I can say is once Arc was installed, Arc (32Bit) and Arc Browser (32 bit) were running on the VM, and all the attached hard drives (I don't include windows drive) were woken up and being accessed.
    I can only assume it was Arc as nothing on the VM was being used while Arc was running, and the local attached storage does not wake up unless I access them, or a program does.
    This seemed to happen at irregular times as well.
    I am not a professional, I can only tell you what I observed as a normal home user...

Point Two: I do not expect a program to access local drives other than the main windows drive, especially when you untick permission to do so.
    Please could you tell me how you think that would be acceptable?
    Your program has no reason to scan all my other drives. No other game program does, and that includes Steam.

Point Three: When my hard drives stopped being accessed, something attempted to send data through the VM network interface, but of course it was isolated, so nothing could be sent.

Point Four: I cannot tell you what Arc was scanning for and attempting to send, as I already said, I used no tools.
    Though again, even using the built in browser would only use the main drive ,and not activate all my drives....
    I did find it interesting, however, that Arc would not let me end the browser process!

Is this by design?

If it is then this needs to change, and also being able to shut the program and browser down when the game is running!
    Steam has an offline mode, you can also close Steam down entirely and still use STO!

I know my feedback is vague, but really that is all the information I can give to you. :(

Maybe I am wrong, and I am just worrying over nothing, but I did find it odd that Arc was doing this even though I unticked the "Share computer and system data with us, which helps us improve our product and service" checkbox, in the install...

Just thought I'd jump in here - are you sure it wasn't trying to mirror a patch?
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Added to the "How to run STO without Arc" thread.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013

To be fair, dezstravus did respond to my questions earlier. I do have concerns about Arc, what it is doing and how well tested it is (for actual player value, privacy, security, and resource usage). The answer wasn't really anything that put those concerns to rest, but I don't doubt that they were the extent of the information available to dezstravus. Note the...
    any time we escalate an issue to our developers

...indicating that the person liaising with the community here is not likely to be the one programming it, and also is not likely to be the one that decided to initiate its development.
    Leaving the launchers and game clients fully independent would retain customers... changing it back after the fact is unlikely to make any difference once those same customers find something else to play. There are a few alternatives set to launch this Winter, or Spring 2014, that could be a problem for STO regardless; giving players a reason to go play them instead of sticking around is probably not a good idea.

To clarify, I refer to a mandatory Arc as a reason to go play something else. I'm sure they can see that there is negative feedback; some of it is even funny. I think I saw one signature around that said something along the lines of "I don't need Arc unless there's a flood coming, and you aren't Noah." Others have indicated that they will leave if Arc does become mandatory, and it has been mentioned that the likelihood of that happening has already impacted their desire to invest in STO at this time. Hopefully this feedback and potential impact on the playerbase has already been collated and passed on... but remember that Arc is not STO specific, and might end up foisted upon us as a byproduct of developing something that helps other PWE games, even if it costs STO money individually.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • medicachillesmedicachilles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can I keep steam cause I do not want arc?
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To clarify, I refer to a mandatory Arc as a reason to go play something else. I'm sure they can see that there is negative feedback; some of it is even funny. I think I saw one signature around that said something along the lines of "I don't need Arc unless there's a flood coming, and you aren't Noah." Others have indicated that they will leave if Arc does become mandatory, and it has been mentioned that the likelihood of that happening has already impacted their desire to invest in STO at this time. Hopefully this feedback and potential impact on the playerbase has already been collated and passed on... but remember that Arc is not STO specific, and might end up foisted upon us as a byproduct of developing something that helps other PWE games, even if it costs STO money individually.

You're right. It's an extremely good reason.

Not all connections are created equal. My DSL connection does great for actually playing the game, but updating games often takes a while. I generally let it do so while I'm asleep or gone for the day.

I can only imagine what kind of a nightmare it would be to have to stop playing on Steam and reinstall with Arc; and if Arc has to run at the same time and is busy using my bandwidth that's going to hurt my overall gameplay. Even with all the money I've invested in STO to date, from monthly subs and then the lifetime sub, the legacy pack purchase, the previous c-store purchases.. it would still wind up being easier for me to devote my time and cash to an MMO I already have installed.

Currently I split my time between FFXIV:ARR and STO. I love them both because they're two of my favorite IPs, but if I had to completely reinstall gigabytes upon giabytes of STO..? I don't know if it would be worth the hassle no matter what I've invested in it. And that makes me sad, especially given how far this game has come from the closed beta.
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is there any possibility that we can Opt out of ARC and allowing us players to use the current STO launcher?

Many people tested ARC and it severely degrades their computer and online performance that makes PWE games unplayable. Else you are very likely to see people stop playing your games.

This. +1

I doubt I could continue to play, due to also being in a rural area, and very slow download speeds. As well, as having an older computer. If I can't play,..well I guess I can't play, so no need to continue to support a game I can use. That's why I don't want Arc?
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can I keep steam cause I do not want arc?

Hi Medica,

Currently there are no changes to Steam in the works. Our current development goal is to allow Steam users to launch STO without needing to launch the full Arc platform software. As a heads-up, it may be a while before we have more details on this, as our immediate initiatives are focused on the new version of the website and client, which do not include any changes to the relationship between Arc, the game launchers, and Steam.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do you speak for the whole Perfect World Community when you say "nobody"???

I have Many Fleet Mates that do enjoy Arc....

No but they speak for a lot of us. Bloat/Spy/Malware programs like Arc are not desired. Those who really like it are those who do not actually understand computers well enough to really know what it is.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Medica,

Currently there are no changes to Steam in the works. Our current development goal is to allow Steam users to launch STO without needing to launch the full Arc platform software. As a heads-up, it may be a while before we have more details on this, as our immediate initiatives are focused on the new version of the website and client, which do not include any changes to the relationship between Arc, the game launchers, and Steam.

These 2 words are not really reassuring.

It almost feels like it's saying: "you'll still have to use a "lite" version of Arc if you use Steam before we fully find a way to make Arc compatible with Steam".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Medica,

That means if you can leave Steam alone for the Steam lovers, you can leave the launcher alone for the launcher lovers.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That means if you can leave Steam alone for the Steam lovers, you can leave the launcher alone for the launcher lovers.

Well not necessarily. The game can be launched as it is without the launcher, its really just to make sure the game is patched first. Steam already has its infrastructure for doing patching, so it would be possible to send out patches via steam without using arc, but I'm not sure how they could migrate the patch infrastructure to arc and still keep the current launcher.
  • inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A question that no one is going to answer...

What does the actual Cryptic staff think of forcing us into Arc? (I specifically want to know what Taco or Gorngonzolla think, because they are the most trustworthy Cryptic employees that I have had the experience of 'meeting' on these forums. I know it won't happen, but one can hope.)

No offense to you, dezstravus, but without the express endorsement of Cryptic's own staff, it looks as though PWE isn't just forcing Arc on its customers - its forcing Arc on its Cryptic employees.:( I sincerely hope that is not the case.
    2iBFtmg.png
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Company Employees are going to spout the party line, it's not rocket science to figure that one out. What I dislike in the extreme is having to download Arc to get the latest client for new installs, I was thinking of getting a friend interested in this game but with this latest blunder I'm thinking twice about it. Aria games did this and now I don't play their products, I do not need nor want a platform to install the one and only game I will play from PWE.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Company Employees are going to spout the party line, it's not rocket science to figure that one out. What I dislike in the extreme is having to download Arc to get the latest client for new installs, I was thinking of getting a friend interested in this game but with this latest blunder I'm thinking twice about it. Aria games did this and now I don't play their products, I do not need nor want a platform to install the one and only game I will play from PWE.

Standalone installer in my sig.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    inkrunner wrote: »
    A question that no one is going to answer...

What does the actual Cryptic staff think of forcing us into Arc? (I specifically want to know what Taco or Gorngonzolla think, because they are the most trustworthy Cryptic employees that I have had the experience of 'meeting' on these forums. I know it won't happen, but one can hope.)

No offense to you, dezstravus, but without the express endorsement of Cryptic's own staff, it looks as though PWE isn't just forcing Arc on its customers - its forcing Arc on its Cryptic employees.:( I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Unfortunately the only public opinion they are allowed to share is one of support for ARC and any other of PWE decisions involving STO. In that light I think their silence speaks volumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The last thing my system needs is bloatware running in the background while I play STO. The day I am forced to use ARC is the day I leave.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No desire at all to use it, do not want it, period.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My view in short:

When I first knew of Arc I was enthusiast

- a unified service is better, in case I will play another PWE game in the future, which nobody can rule out

and the features promised were cool.

Then I saw what the real deal was and that I was too optmistic once again. :mad:

I'll btw pass on the nearly non-existant features because, heck, it's all getting started.

But the big troubles are already there: performance dropped to unplayability

- and STO is a game with high reqs, its graphics for an MMO are very good, it's one of its strenghts,

I don't want to sacrifice it on the altar of PWE ease of management.

and now I read there is even data collection

- I would hope for them it's just system passwords and such, otherwise it's another very big problem, even bigger than the previous,

but I'm not going to be optimistic on this issue.

PWE has full right to unify its systems (I can only imagine the current mess with all those games with different platforms)

but if they don't want a disaster, they also must do it right, which means,

1) Privacy has to be guaranteed 100%

2) Performance has to be on par with original system requirements - and adequate to features offered.

Since I'm not putting my hand on the fire in hope they will extinguish it later on, I'll keep using STEAM
    (God Bless Gabe Newell)

which, as a side note, I was forced to use also for STO, while I previously preferred to use only for my library,

after Season 7 dreaded 7/25 patch:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=804401

and since then I had no problem with the game, let alone Arc, even with the launch of the new Season 8 and its inevitable game break for many,

which this time I was saved, and I will in the future thanks to Steam,

which, guess what, I'll keep using unless the final Arc makes me coffee.

This is why I make you the courtesy to suggest keeping Steam support, unless you want a mass-quit when Arc will be mandatory. As said:

maddwolf wrote: »
    Having a Perfect World only game launcher would seem like a great idea if I only played PWE games, but since I ONLY play STO as far as PWE/Cryptic games go.

I'm quite HAPPY with my STEAM launcher, and would like to continue to use STEAM as my ONLY means of accessing STO and all the other games/Friends that i have on STEAM.

Even if Arc reaches the gaming excellence that STEAM provides it's only for PWE Games and I for one don't see the point of using Arc just to play STO. When STEAM gives me STO and hundreds of other games that I like to keep and play on one gaming Launcher.

I really hope that Cryptic/PWE continue to offer STO on the STEAM gaming Launcher and not make the HUGE mistake of discontinuing STO to STEAM users.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not a regular forum poster, but I am a "player from the beta days" as well as a before launch LTS player. I tend to read the forums more than post on them, but I felt I should drop my two sense here.

Perhaps what might be needed is a system in place that determines the number of PWE game accounts you have. For instance, I play STO, NW, and Black Light. In my case, since I have multiple PWE games, then I should have to use the Arc launcher, but if I only played one PWE, then I could use the default launcher for that game. Perhaps the default launcher could scan your PC to determine if you have previous installs of PWE games and then require you to use the Arc Launcher.

Really, the arguments for this are mute. When EA released Origin and required it to be installed during normal game installation, everyone said they wouldn't play EA games, but more than less of those people still play EA games and have the Origin launcher on their PC. The Arc Launcher isn't any different than the Origin or Steam Launcher. Other than they may collect different information.

But I love the rioting, it always makes me smile.
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hebda wrote: »
    The Arc Launcher isn't any different than the Origin or Steam Launcher. Other than they may collect different information.

It's a considerable difference.

AND you seem not catching the other big issue: resource usage.

People rightfully don't want a full platform for the single game they play that

(a) collect unprecised data even when permission is negated

(b) executes in background limiting performance to the point of breaking the game without adding anything they may want.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do usually react very allergic to someone spying on me, especially if it is some sort of spyware i do not want on my computer.

I'd rather deinstall STO, if i where forced to use ARC in order to play it.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    I do usually react very allergic to someone spying on me, especially if it is some sort of spyware i do not want on my computer.

I'd rather deinstall STO, if i where forced to use ARC in order to play it.

I am right there along with with you Yreo'. There is nothing wrong with the current way I get into the game, I don't need and don't want Arc. If they force it on me, I will move to a different game. No and, if's, or but's about it.