test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance (November 14, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, November 14th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (11/14 @ 8:50am): We're going to extend our maintenance window by 45 minutes. Our goal is to have you back in-game by 9:45am PDT (55 minutes from now).
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Resolved an issue where weapons were incorrectly applying debuffs to their owners when they returned weapon power to their owners.

Sweet mercy thank you for fixing that. I don't think the STF queues could have taken much more. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i couldn't help but notice two things:

first, every time the map changes, it has to "reload material files"

why?

second, where did all the 4.5+ star foundry missions go? also included in this, all the spotlight missions have vanished except for Purity VI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Soo.. Anything in the pipeline about the HORRENDOUS lag in the Sphere? I'm not turning graphics down for an entire season, half-graphics makes my eyes hurt. And I don't have the money to buy a new computer with a better graphics card right now.
  • miklsilvermiklsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    STO, PLEASE HELP WITH THIS! Fix it, please! pay attention to it. I don't see it in the list of solved. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13447241#post13447241
  • n0d0ej0en0d0ej0e Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know about anyone else, but on my rom toon, I can't get a daily Dy-com for any of the events I complete.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Sweet mercy thank you for fixing that. I don't think the STF queues could have taken much more. :P

I was wondering what the hell that was...
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Soo.. Anything in the pipeline about the HORRENDOUS lag in the Sphere? I'm not turning graphics down for an entire season, half-graphics makes my eyes hurt. And I don't have the money to buy a new computer with a better graphics card right now.

So, why try and make your financial burdens our problem, then?! 'Half-graphics' make our eyes hurt too; so, please, Cryptic, disregard the above request and just keep graphics in the Sphere as high as they are.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    every time the map changes, it has to "reload material files"

This should be removed because it's really annoying.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    This should be removed because it's really annoying.

^^ Agreed. Seems to be some sort of debug status line they've forgotten to take out.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sircandisircandi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about an ETA on a fix for those of us who have the bug that crashes the game at the character selection screen?

Tex
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for putting in a fix for the buffing of our targets, getting hit by crippling fire from a gate was not fun! Doesn't help the borg always chase me, then again im usually the only romulan on a pug team (racist borg).
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sircandi wrote: »
    How about an ETA on a fix for those of us who have the bug that crashes the game at the character selection screen?

Tex

Ditto for me! Sad & panicked LTS/Fleet Admiral here.
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • kishimotomikishimotomi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sircandi wrote: »

Tex

Yes I get to the character screen and the game crash I uninstall and reinstall the game in hopes that it would fix the issue and that didn't work. So I am starting to get a little worried that I won't be able to play the new season.
    edited November 2013
    Yes I get to the character screen and the game crash I uninstall and reinstall the game in hopes that it would fix the issue and that didn't work. So I am starting to get a little worried that I won't be able to play the new season.

This sad & panicked Lifetime subscriber/Fleet Admiral gets a crash after Cryptic loading screen, same as 10/3's update/patch. I was locked outta the game until the following Thursday's patch when that last occurred. I apologize, I cannot type anymore, due to the STO-withdrawal tears in my eyes.
    edited November 2013
    18897741 is my Ticket ID.
    Does that help any? Frustrated.
    STO is my only addiction. PLEASE don't make me find another (illegal or otherwise).
    :-)
    Query: Including all the system requirements on the STO download page, precisely what gaming laptop(s) do you guys suggest I use to play STO? I understand if legal agreements prohibit plugging brands, but COME ON please. Tell me. I'll get it.
    Thank you for a quick, honest, & helpful response. Have a lovely day.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes the game is still crashing in the Dyson sphere,but its also crashing everywhere else too.
    Its been a total disaster and a nightmare.
    Cryptic, Are all bugs going to be cleared as well as crashes everywhere on the maps????
    Me as well as many players,have put alot of real money into this game,and i would like some assurance that these game problems are being sorted out,not just some things,but the whole game.A half baked job will not solve these problems.
    As far as i remember,the same or similar problems happened with season 7.
    Why has this happened again with season 8????
    Are lessons being learned from this,regarding when season 9 is with us next year,or will there be more bugs and crashes to iron out????
    Not many will agree with me i know,but what the heck,its very frustrating.
    I know cryptic likes making their money,but that will not happen if this game keeps crashing all the time. Crashes= LESS MONEY FOR CRYPTIC.
    Is it perhaps better to take the game offline for a week or 2,to completely sort it out in full??
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this comes up with every major content release. injecting a massive amount of new code into a set of old code is always going to break something somewhere.

and take the game down for two weeks? if crypptic did that, they might as well as shut the game down. no MMO has ever taken its servers offline for 2 weeks.... willingly, and survived long.
  • smaksvetasmaksveta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nah!
    I was sure that You are going to delete S8.
    Why don't Cryptic just ask people how they like Sphere stuff?
    OH YES You already know-when LOR was released everyone wanted to play and laggs apeared!
    Now there are almost no probs(only had one crash) and i doubt that this is becouse of server stability!
  • tyrannyfighter22tyrannyfighter22 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You do know you can read the patch notes instead of asking other people to do it for you right?

here is the link to the release notes. That is where you can see what is being fixed.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Although the crashes for some people seem to be a major issue, there are many many many players who havent had ANY issues with crashing. I have played a total of 12 hours since season 8 was released and it has not crashed on me once. Also Cryptic isnt going to make less money because you say so. If it was crashing for a majority of players then obviously it would be a major issue, but right now its crashing for a small but loud minority.
  • raahzielraahziel Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You guys and you endgame gameplay!

I would just love to be able to complete the Marooned objective in the Coliseum set of missions.

I dont know if its the tactical path or something else, but after I escape the arena with Slamek and heal him with herbs, we go to find firewood.

I pick up the last piece of firewood and after a short loading screen I find myself in the pitch black, miles away in a small room with no way out.

I just want to complete the missions!
    edited November 2013
    You do know you can read the patch notes instead of asking other people to do it for you right?

here is the link to the release notes. That is where you can see what is being fixed.

Although the crashes for some people seem to be a major issue, there are many many many players who havent had ANY issues with crashing. I have played a total of 12 hours since season 8 was released and it has not crashed on me once. Also Cryptic isnt going to make less money because you say so. If it was crashing for a majority of players then obviously it would be a major issue, but right now its crashing for a small but loud minority.

you are one of the lucky ones there. i wish that was the same for all,but its not sadly.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2013

OMG!! PEOPLE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE THIS OUT!?!?!?!

This post made my day. + 7.2x10^googol to your rating!
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
    edited November 2013
    a3001 wrote: »
    OMG!! PEOPLE ARE SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE THIS OUT!?!?!?! :eek:

Lol yes i know how to read. It literally tells you to go to the release notes when you launch the player to start the game. Its PATHETIC that people do not know how to check release/patch notes.
    edited November 2013

I know whats being fixed,but whats not clear to me,are all bug and crash problems being sorted out,or just some of it???
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Resolved an issue where weapons were incorrectly applying debuffs to their owners when they returned weapon power to their owners.

Just to be sure about this, does that also include consoles such as the plasmonic leech or are you just talking about weapons in specific?

Also please add the non-rewarding of dyson commendation to known issues ;)
    edited November 2013
    I always do read release notes,and it would be a good assurance if all problems were fixed no matter what they are. Fixing just some things and not all is a half baked job as i mentioned before.That will not do.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I know whats being fixed,but whats not clear to me,are all bug and crash problems being sorted out,or just some of it???

pfft, i don't know. may be some of em, may be all of em, may be none of em. throw the dice and see if you land a six....or if it comes up snake eyes... [/sarcasm on]
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it says some issues are being worked on, but not all of them becasue they havent found the cause of some of it.
    edited November 2013
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I always do read release notes,and it would be a good assurance if all problems were fixed no matter what they are. Fixing just some things and not all is a half baked job as i mentioned before.That will not do.

NO. Fixing what they can now and working on the rest of the issues is not a half baked job. It means some of the problems are taking longer to fix than others.
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please add the ability to shoot from Voth weapons from Operative Stealth Module as a known issue too. It doesn't break the cloak.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
This discussion has been closed.