test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Refined Dilithium....

kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
Just....*sigh*....why does it have to take days to refine 30,250 Dilithium (which is what i need for hangar a hangar pet)...hmm? Oh wait, is it because the developers are trying to sucker us into using C-points to buy already Refined Dilithium? 2 days it will take...to get the Dilithium I need for a new Hangar craft....if this is really to get us to buy C-Points so we use them to get already refined Dilithium....then why when lots of people who are patient will just simply wait the two days? Why bother having the 8k refinement restriction? A number of people hate that restriction, they know it doesnt make sense, they know its not fair, so tell me, what is the purpose of this restriction?
Post edited by kaeaja on

Comments

• Options
    packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are people out there with millions of unrefined dil (I know a few). If Cryptic removed the limit these people would suddenly have massive amount of dil and could effectively control the dil exchange.
    This is what Cryptic is trying to stop.

Also you do know you could refine dilithium on another character then move it over to the character that you want the hangar pets on?
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That'll take four days. So what? Hardly a massive amount of time.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This basically comes down to you being impatient and stingy. You want everything now and you don't want to pay actual money for anything.

Sorry it's not being handed to you on a golden plate.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what is Cpoints? this some new type of money in the works?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    what is Cpoints? this some new type of money in the works?

C-Points are what Zen Points used to be, which stood for Cryptic Points.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    This basically comes down to you being impatient and stingy. You want everything now and you don't want to pay actual money for anything.

Ahem, I'd love for you to say that to me again once you realize how wrong you are. I am by no means stingy or impatient. I am the one who works a job as a Certified Nursing Assistant and you wouldnt believe what sort of patience that requires, the higher ups of such a job as well as my instructors have all told me that this job requires special people to do. So you think I lack patience? HAH you dont know the meaning good sir :3

Also Ive paid for Cryptic Points a number of times, so I have spent money on this game. I would spend money on the Lifetime Subscription if I could afford it :3.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kaeaja wrote: »
    C-Points are what Zen Points used to be, which stood for Cryptic Points.

is it not the other way around? Zen is what Cpoint used to be? which is why we have a big banner at the top of the thread "do you like free ZEN"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    flash525 wrote: »

You have nailed this. Too many children playing this game and they want everything their way and they want it now. They have no concept of how to "work" for what they want. They want it handed to them on a silver platter without having to pay one red cent for it.

I almost hate coming to the forums anymore because of all the childish whining. The only reason I do is because there's a lot of people out there who are contributing something valuable to others. In many cases I have learned a lot from the kind postings of others. It's helped me build a better captain, a better ship, and make use of better tactics. That's the only reason I even bother.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry OP, no instant gratification for you.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is it not the other way around? Zen is what Cpoint used to be? which is why we have a big banner at the top of the thread "do you like free ZEN"

That's not how words work. "Zen is what Cpoint used to be" means they're Cpoints now, but used to be Zen. They're Zen now, but used to be Cpoints.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    That's not how words work. "Zen is what Cpoint used to be" means they're Cpoints now, but used to be Zen. They're Zen now, but used to be Cpoints.

then I probably stand corrected but i also want to say i know what Cpoint we're i just dont get why he is still calling it that its Zen now Cpoint went out when PWE took cryptic under their humble wing just saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    God the replies in this thread TRIBBLE me off.

On one hand we have about 234523452435 threads of people ******** about how many grinds the game has, and then people in this thread play the "NO EASY FOR YOU" card.

What the **** people?

To summarize: If you have ever once in your entire forum lifespan complained a single time about a rep, fleet holding, or other grind, shut the **** up and cut the superiority complex.

In this thread: noobs being asses to a guy with a valid point about a certain gate, as pointless as the argument may be, meanwhile in another thread somewhere: WHAAAAAAA Y U SO HARD TO LEVEL MY SINGLE PLAYER FLEETZZZZ
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    some one blew there top hat :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    some one blew there top hat :D

The golden plate/instant gratification comments set me right off. Im sick of hearing it from people, especially on a forum where those that try to play that card are often the ones complaining about another mechanic that doesnt fit their lifestyle just so.

Its like, "you can do it but this guy cant? really?"
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    You have nailed this. Too many children playing this game and they want everything their way and they want it now. They have no concept of how to "work" for what they want. They want it handed to them on a silver platter without having to pay one red cent for it.

I almost hate coming to the forums anymore because of all the childish whining. The only reason I do is because there's a lot of people out there who are contributing something valuable to others. In many cases I have learned a lot from the kind postings of others. It's helped me build a better captain, a better ship, and make use of better tactics. That's the only reason I even bother.

Im not a child, I am 25 years old. I am not asking them to remove the restriction, just ease off on it a bit. Also, dont sit there acting high and mighty when your basically condoning the acts of a person who just flat out insulted me, how does that make you better? I dont want anything handed to me, I just dont believe the restriction needs to be as restricting as it is. When push came to shove I patiently gained the Dilithium needed for my Elite Flyers. Also "They have no concept of how to work for what they want", I assume this was directed at me, for my response to such an insult, scroll up a bit to my comment about how I work at Nursing Facilities and then rethink your logic, I VERY much so have a firm grasp of how to work for stuff that I want, practically everything I own, I had to work for, so again dont act like you have a single clue about who I am and how I go about doing things. Before you go judging others, take a look at yourself because your not better and you have no right to act better if your being so insulting and agreeing with someone else who is insulting me.

Furthermore, I only come to the forums to A) Ask for help or B) to give my opinions about something, which I have the right to give, I was voicing my dislike of how restricting Dilithium Refinement can be, not saying that it had to be removed, by all means keep the restriction in there. I even asked if it was even really necessary to have such a noticable restriction when people who have absolutely no patience would spend their hard earned money BUYING Dilithium.

Otherwise I do not come to the forums ever because whenever I do voice my thoughts on something, people unnecessarily verbally attack me, just like you are now. They do it because they are doing it from behind a monitor and that gives them the freedom to insult and treat people like crud when they otherwise wouldnt in public because they are spineless cowards. Do you feel proud of yourself knowing that you can hide like a coward behind your monitor and insult other people just because you can?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Also when I first started playing this game, Zen Points were officially called C-Points, so when I say that C-Points are what Zen Points to be I am saying that Zen Points were once called C-Points. Does that clear things up?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The golden plate/instant gratification comments set me right off. Im sick of hearing it from people, especially on a forum where those that try to play that card are often the ones complaining about another mechanic that doesnt fit their lifestyle just so.

Its like, "you can do it but this guy cant? really?"

Its nice to know that in all my threads there is at least a few people who would be nice enough to be kind and see the validity behind the stuff I say, so thank you Rylanadionysis for being nice to me. Your truly one of the better people in this topic.
  • Options
    verline1verline1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    your best bet if you want to grind out dilithium faster, and have the time, is to use multiple chars.

8k per char, per day, 4 chars can knock out a single hanger pet in one day, 3 could do it in two. you can use the exchange to move your refined dilithium between chars, put it up for say 25 per 1 zen, then take the order down, which puts it in the collective pot. you can then take that collective put and withdraw it on one char.

a point of note about this, if your going to move multiple chars, don't cancel the amount you have put up till you have all the amounts up.

No one is going to pay 1 zen for 25 dilithium, so its in no danger of going anywhere, and if it did, youd make bank zen wise.

the reason for this is the system pulls from the collective pool first, and the chars personal amount second. so if you cancel a order, put it in the collective pool, then change and try to put up a new order, it takes from the pool first, then the char, and can confuse the hell out of you. Easier to put them all up, then move to the char that needs the dilithium, take them down, then empty the pool onto the char.
  • Options
    twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kaeaja wrote: »
    Ahem, I'd love for you to say that to me again once you realize how wrong you are. I am by no means stingy or impatient. I am the one who works a job as a Certified Nursing Assistant and you wouldnt believe what sort of patience that requires, the higher ups of such a job as well as my instructors have all told me that this job requires special people to do. So you think I lack patience? HAH you dont know the meaning good sir :3

Also Ive paid for Cryptic Points a number of times, so I have spent money on this game. I would spend money on the Lifetime Subscription if I could afford it :3.

Well being a nursing assistant, you should be one of the first to know that waiting 4 days for something on a game is far less important than other things in life.

This is a long term game and not the latest run & gun.

The Dil limits are (as mentioned) to prevent people ruining the exchange limits.

I'd love for you to continue with your previous train of thought once you realise how wrong you are. You do come off as 'special' though, so I think your instructors may be onto something ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • Options
    twelveparsecstwelveparsecs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    God the replies in this thread TRIBBLE me off.

On one hand we have about 234523452435 threads of people ******** about how many grinds the game has, and then people in this thread play the "NO EASY FOR YOU" card.

What the **** people?

To summarize: If you have ever once in your entire forum lifespan complained a single time about a rep, fleet holding, or other grind, shut the **** up and cut the superiority complex.

In this thread: noobs being asses to a guy with a valid point about a certain gate, as pointless as the argument may be, meanwhile in another thread somewhere: WHAAAAAAA Y U SO HARD TO LEVEL MY SINGLE PLAYER FLEETZZZZ

Oh Rly?!?

http://core.perfectworld.com/album/view?uid=96636399&id=154991
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great kid, don't get penisy!
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I understand you dilemma OP. It can be a pain, with all the items that can cost dilithium. The issue really at play is that in general, it is not difficult to earn dilithium. Uncapping the refining process would allow players that have accumulated vast sums of unrefined dilithium to exchange that dilithium for Zen.

Cryptic is a company that needs to make revenue, I know... I am opening myself up to Fanboy status here, and since dilithium can be converted to Zen (which normally costs $), it would be a significant revenue hit to the company.

As a fan of the game, I want it to stick around... so I understand (even though at times it is a bit of an inconvenience) that unrestricted dilithium refining would be, in the end, bad for the longevity of the game. While others see DOOOOOOMMMMM around every corner, I do not. I believe the game is here, at least for a few years.

One sure way to make the game go away, is to make it too easy to lose revenue.

Now, all that being said... if you have multiple characters on the same account, there are ways that you could move refined dilithium from one character to others on the same account.

When I am in your shoes, this is the route I try to take... I'll earn/refine dilithium on a few characters, then transfer it to the character that wants to buy something.

As grindy as this sounds, I have a daily regiment to earn dilithium on each character and make sure I refine it (sometimes I hit my max on each of my main characters/alts, more often I do not). That way, I have a bank of refined dilithium that I can pull together if something shiny catches my eye.

Its not a perfect solution, but it is a compromise that I can live with.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well being a nursing assistant, you should be one of the first to know that waiting 4 days for something on a game is far less important than other things in life.

This is a long term game and not the latest run & gun.

The Dil limits are (as mentioned) to prevent people ruining the exchange limits.

I'd love for you to continue with your previous train of thought once you realise how wrong you are. You do come off as 'special' though, so I think your instructors may be onto something ;)

Yet another person hidding behind a monitor acting like he is awesome.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    verline1 wrote: »
    your best bet if you want to grind out dilithium faster, and have the time, is to use multiple chars.

Ive actually done that before, I suppose in my annoyance that skipped my mind, which I'll admit has happend before. Thanks for the friendly reminder.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I should also say, that I do not want to see the Dil to Zen conversion go away. I like the fact that, while it might take a while(possibly a VERY LONG while)), players without the means to fund the game with RL dollars, still have a path to obtain "paid" gear.

Yes, it is easier to spend RL money on the game (easier as in faster), but it is by no means "required". If you are frugal with your dilithium, and really decide whether that ship/key/lockbox is really worth the effort you put in, what does that "special project that opens windows" really get me in the long run ... you can amass significant amounts of "free zen" by playing the game.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I understand you dilemma OP. It can be a pain, with all the items that can cost dilithium. The issue really at play is that in general, it is not difficult to earn dilithium. Uncapping the refining process would allow players that have accumulated vast sums of unrefined dilithium to exchange that dilithium for Zen.

Now, all that being said... if you have multiple characters on the same account, there are ways that you could move refined dilithium from one character to others on the same account.

When I am in your shoes, this is the route I try to take... I'll earn/refine dilithium on a few characters, then transfer it to the character that wants to buy something.

As grindy as this sounds, I have a daily regiment to earn dilithium on each character and make sure I refine it (sometimes I hit my max on each of my main characters/alts, more often I do not). That way, I have a bank of refined dilithium that I can pull together if something shiny catches my eye.

Its not a perfect solution, but it is a compromise that I can live with.

Like I said to Verline1, this is something ive done before, but again it skipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder :3
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Furthermore, I only come to the forums to A) Ask for help or B) to give my opinions about something, which I have the right to give, I was voicing my dislike of how restricting Dilithium Refinement can be, not saying that it had to be removed, by all means keep the restriction in there. I even asked if it was even really necessary to have such a noticable restriction when people who have absolutely no patience would spend their hard earned money BUYING Dilithium.

There was also sound advice in this thread: While it's not very elegant, refining on multiple characters and moving them via dilithium exchange can get you around this cap.

You might have to invest a bit at first, but more character-slots will help when you're low on dilithium. Save dilithium, buy 4 slots, bring them up to Level 11, park them next to the contact in ESD with a stack of contraband and have them turn it in twice a day. When you have it running, it's an easy 8.000-32.000 Dilithium a day, with no work involved.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    There was also sound advice in this thread: While it's not very elegant, refining on multiple characters and moving them via dilithium exchange can get you around this cap.

You might have to invest a bit at first, but more character-slots will help when you're low on dilithium. Save dilithium, buy 4 slots, bring them up to Level 11, park them next to the contact in ESD with a stack of contraband and have them turn it in twice a day. When you have it running, it's an easy 8.000-32.000 Dilithium a day, with no work involved.

well the other option is to play the exchange, it takes a lot of time, but build a buffer of dilitium, or zen, then play back and forth as each cycles up and down to grow how much you have, set a cut off not to go below, and then play the market back and forth till you have more then enough for anything to need.

but it takes a lot of time, and you can find your self sitting at your seed point, the cut off you wont go below, at times when you need dilithium or zen.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Plus, if you think the pets are 30K, you're about to sucker yourself into wasting a bunch of minerals: The REAL ones are 45K. Don't buy that D-Store garbage, they are grossly inferior in every way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Plus, if you think the pets are 30K, you're about to sucker yourself into wasting a bunch of minerals: The REAL ones are 45K. Don't buy that D-Store garbage, they are grossly inferior in every way.

I wouldn't say garbage in some cases, mesh weavers, but if you have access or can get it to a star base with tier 5 sci yhea.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The trick is to not put all your eggs in one basket. Instead of slaving like a dog for dil on your main, make all the kdf alts you can and have your main outfit them with several cheap green quality security and tactical doffs. Do the marauding doff missions (usually disable freighter/launch unauthorized raid on illegal colony) every time you log in while cashing in/putting 5 more contraband back on the turn in vendor for 2k dil every 4 hours. Once you're drowning in contraband, spread your contraband out to your alts and Feds through the account bank and have them do the 2k dil contraband turnover too.

Do this on 4 characters and you're looking at 8k dil just for logging in once a day for a few minutes an alt. If you can log in on each every 4 hours (up to a maximum of 16) to keep more on the burner however you're looking at 32k dil a day from those 4 alts.

Cryptic put's rules in place on refinery caps, but simultaneously disregard the methods that so easily circumvent them.