What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 8: The Sphere is Live!

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is interesting. Suddenly my science officer's [Diburnium Reinforced Body Armor Mk X] has visuals where it didn't before. I didn't see that in the patch notes.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So far... AWESOME! Good Job, Cryptic!
    /Floozy
  • Options
    frojoe2000frojoe2000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It crashes at the loading screen. I can not play.
  • Options
    pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Get to the Loading Screen, and that is it.

At the bottom of the screen it shows "Materials are reloaded" and then essentially crashes.

All files verified.
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Quick Question:

Is the new free Boff customizeable?

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Also not in the patch notes: They fixed Large Power Cell vendors so you can now buy 100 of them per batch. Good for Nukara rep.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Things are broken across the board on this mess. They did not even run this by the mob (the mass player base ) before green lighting this mess. The exchange is broken. the is buggy, or should i say bugger the before. Looks like stuff will be general messed up for the next 3 months at lease sale wise. good luck if you blew you paycheck on lock box keys. you cant even move that junk. people will have a hard time finding it . Good job PWE i see you are trying to top the mess you made last year with season 7.
  • Options
    horatianelsonhoratianelson Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is anyone else having the same mail not deleting issue which appeared after the Legacy of New Romulus launch? Since it took forever for them to fix it the last time.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I guess I got lucky. It took a bit to load at first.

Overall impression: This is alot of fun. It doesn't feel too grindy to me. Dinos.....Win.

Well done.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Is anyone else having the same mail not deleting issue which appeared after the Legacy of New Romulus launch? Since it took forever for them to fix it the last time.....

Yes. /10chars
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Love the Battlezone while it is being overrun with players but certainly have concerns about what it will be like in a few months when the novelty wears off and the reps are done. Can a player solo/duo the cap of any of these points as trying to do the artillery zone with its 4 pylons was next to impossible with the spawn rate of defenders while nobody else was about.

Also for some reason we need to form a queue to access the bank in the command centre as only one person can use it at a time.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love the look of the dyson sphere. I also like the look and the story of the new federation tutorial.

The gameplay in the dyson sphere.......... lets just say I'm not quite sure about it yet.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am still trying to figure out if there are Voth ground stfs.

90% of the time I play ground missions.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got in just fine...well there was an account authentication failure like on Tribble, which then kicked off just fine with a second password entry.

Weird thing though. I was doing my Deferi dailies and when I tried to beam the Deferi off the Breen ship, the bar completed....but the mission didn't. It continued on like they hadn't been beamed and failed the mission. And the outpost 3 mission didn't even kick in, I flew into the system and the outpost contact with the mission didn't chime in and couldn't be contacted. Instead I got the girl from the store in that system.
    sampa4 wrote: »
    Woot! Thanks for the Early Birthday present! (birthday is THIS week...November 14th! :D)
    Happy Birthday!
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Love the Battlezone while it is being overrun with players but certainly have concerns about what it will be like in a few months when the novelty wears off and the reps are done. Can a player solo/duo the cap of any of these points as trying to do the artillery zone with its 4 pylons was next to impossible with the spawn rate of defenders while nobody else was about.

Also for some reason we need to form a queue to access the bank in the command centre as only one person can use it at a time.

The battlezones according to all the notes scales according to how many people are there. Plus you can bring two Boffs, so I think you can solo it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    --- Self-Deleted ---
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am missing several accolades on holodeck that were available on tribble.

- The lore accolades both in the allied zone as well as in the contested zone. The allied 'mirandas' are there but not interactable. The Voth Couriers seem to be absent completely.

- The identify spy ships in the allied zone accolade.

- The damaged satellites accolade in the allied zone.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The battlezones according to all the notes scales according to how many people are there. Plus you can bring two Boffs, so I think you can solo it.

You can solo it.. I just went in with 2 landing party members.
    The thing I don't like about the ground combat is it just keeps starting over, I like a beginning, middle, and end. So far not overly impressed.
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    edited November 2013
    matzdaad wrote: »
    You can solo it.. I just went in with 2 landing party members.
    The thing I don't like about the ground combat is it just keeps starting over, I like a beginning, middle, and end. So far not overly impressed.
    I agree.

I feel like I am wasting my time.

I would rather watch something on Netflix.

-- EDIT ---

Do you know what? I am going to watch something on Netflix. When I have absolutely nothing to do, I will come back and give it another try. I might try again later tonight. I don't know.
  • Options
    jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lets Fossilize them!
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2013
    Finally, the best part of S8 is that we can now equip those pesky special tribbles on our Boffs to free up some inventory space. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Yep! Same problem here. :(
  • Options
    f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Finally, the best part of S8 is that we can now equip those pesky special tribbles on our Boffs to free up some inventory space. :D

Um, that is what I did for some Months already, very nasty with my Klingons :D

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2013
    f3dprod wrote: »
    Um, that is what I did for some Months already, very nasty with my Klingons :D

really?

like the Nukara, Mo'Rihan, and fleet tribbles? I couldn't slot them on boffs till today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crazyjackass2012crazyjackass2012 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    keeps crashing for me as well
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just wondering...

What about the Lobis I miss out on due to being unable to play?
    I so hoped to finally be able to get that ship from the store...:(
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • Options
    vantheman77vantheman77 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I finished the season in one day on its release date. The Battlezone sequence was something I couldn't get my head around as soon as I take over one capture point, things start over as this would fall into the category of daily missions.

The rest of the Sphere season was good as it's mostly ship battles inside the Sphere and that place looks so heavenly when it's run by Joint Command.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Aside from a lot of textures either missing or really messed up globally, not sure if anyone has mentioned the missing elevator door to the lower level of interior Nukara. Kind of hoping this gets noticed faster than if posted in the bug reports thread :)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had no problems getting on after the update, there are a few bugs with textures not always loading and a few other minor bugs but I am sure you will iron them out in the next few days.
    overall though bearing in mind this is a free for all update I think you have done us proud.
    I would still like to have been able to play through some of the new fed tutorial content without having to create a new character to do so.
    as I said in a previous post when you introduced the new Klingon tutorial content existing characters were able to play the missions from just after the point where the ship command was taken so not too much was left unseen by existing characters only the first few minutes of the story.
    sadly with the new fed story line there is a considerable amount of story content that could have been made available to all but none of it has been made available for current fed characters to play through.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    sircandisircandi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    <<Some players are experiencing a crash during the loading screen. We are continuing to work on a resolution and will note it in patch notes once one is available. >>

So the issue that keeps me from playing continues. And from other posts, this has been an issue on Tribble for a month?

Any devs have an explination as to why this was a low priority fix? Would you not want to make it so all of your customers can experience the bugs that were supposedly fixed, only to magically appear again when you introduce new content?

How can you fix a bug, yet the exact same problem return when new content is released? Why would you ignore good feedback on the Tribble test server and release content that is still broken?

And I wonder how many Lifetime subscribers are wishing they did not become a Lifetime subscriber?

Tex
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Again a new patch today, of 271MB. Launcher broken again?! (For all the alleged Season 8preloading the launcher did, yesterday it stll had to download a ca. 2.6G patch).
    3lsZz0w.jpg