test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patcher not working

Trying to log into STO but the patcher keeps failing.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, looks like the server hamsters died. :(
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank goodness! I couldn't log in and thought the patch had screwed up the game!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay talked to Branflakes, and I reset my router. Somehow looks like that was the problem and not a firewall problem as he suggested.

Suggest you all reset yours as well.
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No, that's not working. I have both a modem and a router. Re-setting both did nothing.
    Re-booting the computer did nothing. There is no problem accessing any other site online, just THIS game.
    And there is no firewall other than the router.

The launcher comes up. I type in my password, hit engage and then crash. Was working last night. When I exited STO, I realized it was attempting to download a 6 gig patch.

No. Not when I need to do other things on my computer, so I stopped it. Guess I shouldn't have done that, but then... maybe they could have put a "yes/no" download option also?

BTW, the OPTIONS on the Launcher are totally broken. When I attempt to save something,
    it crashes the launcher also. And I've already tried downloading a new Launcher. Still crashes.

One good thing about this is it frees up my time to do something else.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2013
    One good thing about this is it frees up my time to do something else.

Reminds me of the days when modems were 1200 baud or slower, and people would say, "Now when I try to get on the Net, I find that I have all this time to do other things while waiting for a web-page to load. I can do my laundry, wash dishes, do my homework, read." And no doubt many other things. My first modem was 1200 baud in 1988. The usual problem with that was sharing the phone line with roommates who also had modems (someone would always be yelling out: "Is anyone online?" and usually the answer would be "Yes!").
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same problem, with the launcher, and I have the same one with the latest launcher update for Champions Online.

I don't have this problem with neither SWTOR nor DC0, so it's not a connection problem. It's the latest patch for the launcher itself for CO and STO.
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    same here ...the game the launcher..its all worthless

i have other online mmo 's ..some of them are shooters and everything i perfect...i got 30 tabs of chrome webpage opened and its perfect .not to mention torrents ..

THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM CRYPTIC.NOT OURS!!!

would be nice to see atleast one official response from a dev that they are working on it .

especially now that i cant get to do the FE's and get lobi .
  • squitosquito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is the patch tiny? Just because it started patching, done 44 kbytes out of 3 gigabytes, I left the computer for 5 minutes and when I came back it was done (although that 44 kbytes took about 2 minutes). I did force verification, but it did not download anything.
    PS: after quitting the game it started patching again.