test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth nerf to loot drops?

oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I believe the loot drops in foundry missions have been stealth nerfed. Did a foundry mission after the 8pm (E.S.T.) this evening and only got half or less of the loot drops I normally get. Thought it might be my main character so I switched to my alt, did the same mission and guess what...half the loot drops. So my fleetmate did the same mission, finished it as I am writing this and guess what...half the loot drops.

If this affected just one character that would be one thing. But three characters from two different people? That is not just coincidence. Has anyone else noticed this? The mission we did was loot-o-matic 3000.
AGpDi8m.gif
I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Loot drops in Foundry missions have not been altered.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'll be trying it in the morning. People have long feared this way coming since all the previous ec farming nerfs
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Loot drops in Foundry missions have not been altered.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If it helps we got loot drops from the first part of the mission, but none from the second part. Usually get drops from both parts. As I said, about half the drops we normally get.

By the way, thanks for responding Bran. It is nice to know that you guys do actually read our posts. And if it is a bug and not a nerf then I apologize for the accusation.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are you suer you didn't hit the loot cap after the first map?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    Are you suer you didn't hit the loot cap after the first map?

No, didn't hit loot cap with either character before doing mission. I only do the mission once a day just after the reset. Could just be a bug from today's patch. Happens sometimes.
    AGpDi8m.gif
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Only way to see is try the next few days I guess
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Frankly, I hate Cryptic's stealth patches. They should just come clean on all changes instead of them being REDACTED. Yes, hiding features on blogs using REDACTED is also idiotic.
  • Options
    smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    did you talk to Q and get the skill boost? because the cap I think is linked to skill points. when you stop getting skill points for a mission it stops dropping loot
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    smazazel wrote: »
    did you talk to Q and get the skill boost? because the cap I think is linked to skill points. when you stop getting skill points for a mission it stops dropping loot

I can confirm that and it has been that way for a long time.
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know exactly what the problem is.

* Talk to Q and get the skill point boost.
    * Do a foundry mission.
    * You get only half the drops of the first round. Nothing else.

I learned this the hard way. Didn't get the skill point boost on any of my other toons after that.

This needs fixing.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    smazazel wrote: »
    overlapo wrote: »
    I can confirm that and it has been that way for a long time.
    morden613 wrote: »
    I know exactly what the problem is.

* Talk to Q and get the skill point boost.
    * Do a foundry mission.
    * You get only half the drops of the first round. Nothing else.

I learned this the hard way. Didn't get the skill point boost on any of my other toons after that.

This needs fixing.

Thanks for this tip everyone. Didn't even think of this (thank heaven I'm not paid to think). Will try later this evening after reset, and if this is the case then I apologize to everyone and to Bran for my ignorance. Thanks for all your help.
    AGpDi8m.gif
  • Options
    risian5risian5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm not sure this has been asked before, but did they change the daily limit of items you can get from foundry missions?

I've been doing a mission with four maps, normally I would get items from three of them, now the loot stops dropping when I've finished one map and a half. I can get only half the energy credits I used to get from one mission.

Did I miss something in the patch notes, or wasn't this announced?
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You might want to read this and this (whole thread here).
  • Options
    risian5risian5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    You might want to read this and this (whole thread here).

Ah, I thought it might have something to do with that. Thank you very much :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think Brandon should put a *Notice* about that...

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    I think Brandon should put a *Notice* about that...

It is kind of funny, thinking about it. Knowing that their tied together in the back of your mind, but not really thinking about it from doing it for so long...yeah, never crossed my mind to put the two together like that...even though they've always been put together. Have to wonder how many other folks may have let this slip, just not something they normally would even given a second thought to...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Now if you can toggle expertise gain....No. BAD IDEA

• Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Would this apply to setting elite as your difficulty? I had been testing to see if I got any better loot under such difficulty, but just noticed that I was only getting half as much as I should.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ok so did foundry mission tonight after reset. Same thing as yesterday, only half the loot drops that I usually get. Not only that, but no skill/expertise points during the second half of mission (half of what I normally get). That was with both my main and my alt characters. And I did not get the boost from Q, had no other boosts of any kind, nor was I at my cap, as I did the mission about ten minutes after reset. What's weird though is my fleetmate did the same mission with one of his characters and got full loot drops and skill/expertise. He also did not get the boost from Q and was not at his cap. Maybe the foundry just doesn't like me anymore, but something weird is going on.
    AGpDi8m.gif
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I believe the loot drops in foundry missions have been stealth nerfed. Did a foundry mission after the 8pm (E.S.T.) this evening and only got half or less of the loot drops I normally get. Thought it might be my main character so I switched to my alt, did the same mission and guess what...half the loot drops. So my fleetmate did the same mission, finished it as I am writing this and guess what...half the loot drops.

If this affected just one character that would be one thing. But three characters from two different people? That is not just coincidence. Has anyone else noticed this? The mission we did was loot-o-matic 3000.

It sure seems that way, today I ran 102 KDF side, and it seems that the random loot drop is lower than a typical normal loot run. I usually get anywhere between 350K to a whopping 850K a run per character.

I ran 3 toons back to back, running 102 farming foundry file, the most I received after selling loot is 200K each, per run.

I am not saying it was a stealth nerf, but something is playing havoc perhaps with the loot drop. I quit farming after my third run, since it was now taking a very long time to acquire more than 200K EC per character run.

I plan on finding a new Foundry File farming mission run.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They work fine for me, without the boost from Q.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    I tied with all my toons. All the same. All got half the of what we got before.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    marcus2879marcus2879 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is happening to me on my main account level 50 but on my new account leve 10 the loot keeps on dropping for all 4 maps of the fed farm 102 acd..
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Someone else said it but I'll say it here since some seem to not be getting it.

According to someone else on the forums, loot drops in foundry content are tied to skill points/expertise. If you're not getting any more skill points/expertise, loot stops dropping. Apparently there is a cap not just on loot, but also the amount of expertise you can gain per day on a character in foundry content.

Another thing mentioned was that because of this, the 4 hour bonus skill points/expertise you can get from Q causes you to gain the max expertise faster in foundry content, thus loot stops dropping sooner.

Now this is just going by what I've seen other players say. I don't do foundry content, not even for farming, so I can't say if it is true or not. One thing to try would be to do a foundry mission without Q's 4 hour bonus expertise and then again with the bonus and see if there is a difference.

Edit: Also, pwebranflakes the community manager has already stated at least once on this subject that loot drops have NOT been changed in foundry content.
  • Options
    nickdeamrco019nickdeamrco019 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok so did foundry mission tonight after reset. Same thing as yesterday, only half the loot drops that I usually get. Not only that, but no skill/expertise points during the second half of mission (half of what I normally get). That was with both my main and my alt characters. And I did not get the boost from Q, had no other boosts of any kind, nor was I at my cap, as I did the mission about ten minutes after reset. What's weird though is my fleetmate did the same mission with one of his characters and got full loot drops and skill/expertise. He also did not get the boost from Q and was not at his cap. Maybe the foundry just doesn't like me anymore, but something weird is going on.

Same here my drops are sad and stop after 2 maps ..
  • Options
    venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If etc farming is nerfed I will have characters to delete and I'll give up hope being able to save up for any of the lockbox ships on the exchange. TRIBBLE those select few players/fleets that basically control exchange prices like douches. I probably won't bother playing either.
    Coming from a lifer since before day 1btw
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nickdeamrco019nickdeamrco019 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here my drops are sad and stop after 2 maps ..

Ummm........ Nevermind everything is back to normal I don't know what I did but all is well :(
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As things stand, ec grinding IS unfeasible as a way to acquire lock box ships now. I used to make a reasonable 500 - 600 k on ec grinding on a common Luth grind, on each toon. It's down to around 350k now, at best.

I congratulate those that manage to somehow get a JHAS, through ec grinding now, cause forget doing much else game play, while doing it. Took three weeks as it was, to grind out for a JHDC, and the prospect of grinding out for any other ship, with a sticker price of over 100 mil ec, is ludicrous feeling to me, at this time.

If this is supposed to be a way to somehow bleed out the exchange down to 'fair' prices, unto those that are selling rare in rare ships and lobi extras, it's not working.
  • Options
    mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still seeing this, but it works in a strange way. On a farming map, it seems like only the first wave drops anything, and then the first wave of the next map. It feels much more like some bug is killing the loot drops than an intentional nerf. Either way, I have no idea how anyone is supposed to accrue any amount of EC the way things are now.
  • Options
    belanna58belanna58 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Branflakes qoute, " Loot drops in Foundry missions have not been altered."

HA, yeah right. *Cough "BS" Cough* :P