test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So fed up of the Uniform problems. Fix this!

michlomichlo Member Posts: 95 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Greetings,

any feedback on whether the long standing problems with our crew uniforms are finally being addressed with Season Eight?

I'm sure you all know which I'm speaking of but just in case:

Colour shades looking different across body slots (on the same person) and / or different crew.

So many options not available from one crewmember to the next because apparently, a piece of cloth worn by one species can't possibly fit another one in the future, even when they are all on your crew and ought to be standardized.

The first four Bridge Officers usually having options none of the rest will have so then you have to either leave it that way or try to change them to whatever you (try) to standardize for the rest.

Finally, being unable to edit "special" characters, sometimes not in even the slightest (such as the Breen BO). Why? I can understand them not taking off their helmet but if they're going to serve aboard my vessel they'll bloody well wear the colours I have set.

This is long overdue and really ruins immersion and causes unnecessary frustration.

Cheers.
Post edited by michlo on

Comments

• kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    + 1

Another thing that needs to be fixed is a glitch with the color customizing of the KDF Liberated Borg Engineer's outfit: Adjusting the color of the pants will cause one of the colors you picked for the torso to synchronize with the pants. Then when you try and change it back, it changes the pants to the color you're trying to get for the torso.

What?

Oh yeah, and what about the lighter colors on the pallet + white for fleet emblems - has that been fixed yet, or are they still auto-changing to florescent teal?

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't forget the various glitches with the KDF tailor since Season 5. :rolleyes:

Also, personally, I would like them to get rid of that visual toolbar and bring back the undo button.
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bump. +1 to any 'fix this broken thing' requests about anything.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    KDF needs to be more colorful than perez hilton at a TRIBBLE conention.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • michlomichlo Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the replies (even the rather dubious one). :P

Cheers.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed, it would be nice to be able to standardize my ship's crew in uniforms. But probably won't happen.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Fixing tailor issues is near the top of my wishlist, as well.

To be fair, the devs seem to be slowly chipping away at the list.

To anyone who wants to report a specific issue with as much detail as possible, I highly recommend the Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues thread. It attempts to catalogue as many issues as possible, with as much detail as possible, and has received some dev attention.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Meow, have you also seen the TNG television series uniforms (standard, not early TNG) female arms clipping at the shoulder-torso border? Specially left arm. It just looks so bad, I always wear the early TNG ones instead. The DS9 TV ones got updated so nicely, also the Nemesis ones. Why not the normal TNG ones? :(
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kain9prime wrote: »
    + 1

Another thing that needs to be fixed is a glitch with the color customizing of the KDF Liberated Borg Engineer's outfit: Adjusting the color of the pants will cause one of the colors you picked for the torso to synchronize with the pants. Then when you try and change it back, it changes the pants to the color you're trying to get for the torso.

What?

Oh yeah, and what about the lighter colors on the pallet + white for fleet emblems - has that been fixed yet, or are they still auto-changing to florescent teal?

:rolleyes:

If one color choice is effecting another use the dice button on both top and bottom, yeah it will mean resetting some clothing parts, but it will break the color connections.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If one color choice is effecting another use the dice button on both top and bottom, yeah it will mean resetting some clothing parts, but it will break the color connections.
    Cool, ty - I'll give it a try when I log in.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not just the uniform problems, but do the devs care about our boffs at all, whatsoever anymore? Feels like soon, all our ship power bar slots, with the faces that are supposed to be our boffs in them, is gonna be replaced by only our own captain images, in there place, soon here, it truly feels like.

And am STILL waiting on the ability to customize special boffs, such as the embassy rommies in those puke green uniforms, that look like they were hit with an Elachi bad fashion statement ray, along with the abduction beams. I mean still, BLEACH....

...Sci Borg, Reman FE Boff, Embassy Rommy Boffs... heck at the rate of it, the danged Jemmy and Breen Boffs to. Isn't it high time our Boffs and crew, were paid some danged well respect, once again?!

And DEFINITELY fix the KDF STF Honor Guard problem! I DON'T care for having gone through 'all' the elite stf optional runs, to then not use the VERY uniform, I grinded out for, in cooperation with fleetmates that took their own time to help me out! This one iota along, feels like a slap in the face, to me, AND my fleet, with the dang nabbit uniform glitch! I can't even delete the Honor Guard uniform now, to reset it all even. It's just a dead uniform slot. call me, irrate on this one here, bar none, to say nothing of the rest imparted above!

End of Line. :mad: