test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patching.. forever and i cant start the game.

edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
I was playing normaly and i was doing a system exploring mission, when i approached a planet, and i beam down, the game starts downloading a patch and after 20 minutes, i need to close the game with ctrl+alt+supr. After that, i re-launch the game, and everything seems ok, i appear just when i was beaming down. I complete the ground mission and i depart the system. When i go to collect the reward, clicking in the mission label, the game crashes.

Now, i am trying to re-launch the game again, and the launcher gets stucked "Patching". And no progress is made..

?Any ideas why this happened and how to fix it?
Post edited by edgecrysger on

Comments

• earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    have you tried disabing on-demand patching? If not, do so. Of you have, then not sure what else to help you, maybe a forced verify if possible, and run a chkdsk on your drive to make sure the file(s) involved didn't get messed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    have you tried disabing on-demand patching? If not, do so. Of you have, then not sure what else to help you, maybe a forced verify if possible, and run a chkdsk on your drive to make sure the file(s) involved didn't get messed up.

Yes, i tried, disabling on demand patching and other options, it always get stucked on "patching". Maybe installing the game again willl solve it?? but i will like to know why this happens, just in case.

I played just fine for a week, my hds are just perfect (in fact they are new, my entire pc is new, and i dont think it is a hard disk problem, i dont have any problem at all in other games / apps). I will see if now anything has changed, if not, i will probably re-install the game.
  • mnichoumnichou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have similiar problem. After game crash (something with decompressing graphic file, or smth like that) launcher connects, shows version and then get stuck at 'Patching'. I downloaded new launcher from the site and this didn't help.

[Edit]
    I figured out what was wrong. After crahs game process continues to run in the background. Killing it from task manager solved the problem.