test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crash on map/char switches since last patch

As described in the title, the since the last patch on Holodeck, I've been experiencing random crashes to desktop as I have been playing STO, usually when I attempt a map transfer (either from sector space map to sector space map, or sector space to a specific system map), or try to switch characters. This has occurred at least 10 times since I patched the game, and 2 attempts at reverifying my game files have yielded no fixes to this problem.

Error Ticket #26706475 (I didn't bother to keep the other ones, since the behavior is pretty much the same in all cases).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by tylermaxwell on

Comments

• jerikhaerjerikhaer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Completely same happening here.

Started yesterday, after the patch. After I read a bit around the forums, I updated my Nvidia drivers, and that gave me about 2-3 hours of uninterrupted play. I was hoping that was it, but today the crashing returned. The only difference is that yesterday I was crashing on the loading screen, while today the game loads completely, then I spend a few seconds looking at an empty area (last time it was sector space without other players or npcs), and then I crash to desktop.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i5-3350P, 8GB ram, Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 and crashing was never a problem with this game before.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if this is related but I've forced verified once and it came back clean. Every time I switch from a sector space map to a map like New Romulus, I crash.
  • mstone522mstone522 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just opened the box and updated my G750 and dl'd star trek first thing. So far I can last about 30 seconds without crashing and about 10 crashes before blue screening. GeForce GTX 650 2 gig/7i/8 gig ram totally updated.
  • ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This has started happening to me as well on map changes, and only since the last patch. it is usually accompanied by a spate of apparent lag and stuttering that freezes the game a few moments beforehand.

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    happening here as well

toon's change. map change...sometimes during interaction /stf ...

really crappy ..and started very suddenly but yea after the patch .
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's been a few days w/o problems, then out of the blue another crash when I attempted to move from an exploration cluster to a sector block. :(

Error Ticket again is #26706475 (That's the one that showed up in the error report box that I just filed).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I guess I downloaded some patch tonight and ever since then I can get about half way through a mission and the game crashes. I am running GeForce GTS 8800 I have crashed about 5 times now, not all on the same mission.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't initiate "Sphere of Influence" on my Rom toon without the game freezing up, then CTD.

I finally managed to get through it on my Fed toon, but it required me to completely delete the game from my 'puter and reload it.
    (I used my STO game disk and was able to avoid ARC by some miracle)

I've pretty much given up at this point, haven't been able to reliably play the game since the Oct. 21st patch.

It's very frustrating.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issues here. For the past week or two I have had extreme lag in the game.

First logging into the launcher takes about THREE minutes to load the "Cryptic logo".

Loading my 3 characters in the selection screen is another long delay.

Loading into the first map is an extreme process where propegating other players, the UI, BOFF slots takes ages. The game is finally responsive after about 4 minutes of waiting.

Then there's moving maps. Going ESD, New Romulas, anywhere with many other players is extremely laggy and prone to simply crashing out to the desktop.

Entering SOLO PVE maps/missions is usually fairly smooth.

Playing STF's with other players, PVP and Kerrat type situations is impossible. I can play for 5 minutes, but then the game simply stops responding. My ship stops moving, I can't do anything. My chat stops sending messages and I see everyone else going about their business (in a laggy fashion). I have no option but force exit the game.

This started in the Sphere of Influence patch and associated updates. I don't know what you have done, but this is NOT related to my internet connection (verified speedtest, other games, etc), modem or PC. I have changed nothing recently.

Given that many others are experiencing this, you should probably ideally sort this out before releasing Season 8. Your pre-patch system seems screwed up too and I appear to have downloaded the pre-patch TWICE now. Why is this??

This feels like the situation prior to LOR's release where we endured weeks of issues, bugs and lag.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just want to add that I just tried "Sphere of Influence" with the same two toons on Tribble after the recent Tribble patch and didn't have any problems.

This bodes well for me, when the current Tribble updates (11/6) hit the Holodeck.
    (I'm hoping with the 11/7 patch)

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have had this happen, not a lot, but in the course of the last 2 weeks. Today it happend twice, so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been getting hit with this half a dozen times or more every day this week so far. It seems pretty random, not necessarily affected by menus I might have open during transitions.