test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master list of missing maps

drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
Since we did a list for costumes, I thought it might be useful to think up a list of maps that are in game but missing from the Foundry. It'll be a big list no doubt. Reply with any that I haven't thought of or if I list a map that is implemented and I'll update the list. Also post if I get any names wrong or if you know that names that I forgot. Will refrain from listing anything on Tribble/Redshirt until it goes live.

Space
Fleet Starbase exteriors (all levels)
Fleet Dilithium Mine
Virinat
New Romulus
Suliban Helix
Orith
Updated Vulcan
Crateris
Gasko
Khitomer
Chaltok
Azha
Unroth
T'liss
Delta Corvi
Hobus
Space map from "Mind Game"
Azure Nebula
Nimbus
Tephrei
Ra'khohl
Rhi (atmospheric)
Subspace (from "Devil's Choice")
The Vault exterior and interior
Dera IV
Bepi 113 (star)
Drozana space (present)
Drozana space (past)
Task Force Omega
Facility 4028 space
Captain's Table
Terradome
K-7 Space
Memory Alpha Space
Jouret System (with Gateway)
Dyson Sphere Allied Zone
Dyson Sphere Contested Zone
Breach - Voth Fortress Ship
Defending the Spire

Ground
New Romulus
New Romulus instances (shuttle bay, underground ruins, cave, mountain outpost)
New Romulus (from The Search for New Romulus mission)
Virinat
Destroyed Virinat
Crateris
Chaltok
Delta Corvi
Nimbus III
Romulan City (from Cutting the Cord)
Starfleet Academy
First City
Ketha Province
Deep Space Nine exterior
Nukara Surface
Defera Invasion Exterior
Dyson Battlezone
Redone Vega Colony

Interior
Fleet Starbase Interiors
Fleet Embassy
Fleet Dilithium Mine
Klingon player ship interiors
Federation player ship interiors
Romulan player ship interior
Romulan Bridge
Scimitar Bridge
Andorian Bridge
Tholian Bridge
Timeship Bridges (Red, Blue, Green)
Romulan Flotilla
Gasko Station
Khitomer
Freighter interiors (from Smash and Grab)
New Drozana
Old Drozana (present day timeline)
Drozana Maintenance Levels (Bonnnnnnnnnie kinnnnn...)
Tal Shiar Listening Post
Unroth space station
Damaged cube (from Sleepers)
Hobus station (Stargate Command!)
Hakeev's Ship
Tholian Mining Complex
Installation 18
The Shangdu Club
Rh'ilho Station
New Romulus Command
Elachi Ship
Elachi Station
Hfihar mine/Tal Shiar Base
Dera IV Reman Base
Cardassian ship interior (from Skirmish)
Drozana past interior (from Night of the Comet, we have the one from Everything Old is New Again)
Qo'nos Shipyard
KDF interior (from new tutorial)
First City Exchange Warehouse
First City Safehouse
Rura Penthe
U.S.S. Dewitt
The Captain's Table
Nukara caves/installation
Defera Invasion interiors
Terradome interiors
DS9 Sections - Quarks Bar, Ops (are on the map but inaccessible), and briefing room (from Second Wave)
Shuttle Interior
K-7 Interior
Memory Alpha
Subspace Station Interior (Sphere of Influence)
Subspace Station Walkways (Sphere of Influence)
Obelisk Bridge
Observation Lounge
Shuttle Bay (from Of Bajor)
Joint Command Center
New Default Bridge
Tutorial Ship Interior
The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did you get the U.S.S. Dewitt Interior? Also DS9 Exterior isn't a ground map, is it?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated list with USS DeWitt, Fleet holdings, the Captains Table space/interior, Nukara interiors/exterior, and Defera invasion interiors/exterior. Yeah like I said, gonna be a long list.

Wasn't sure where the DS9 Exterior would really fall. Flipped a coin (metaphorically).
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think you've pretty much nailed it. I can;t think of anything not on that list... no wait... yes i can...

Space: Terradome

Interior: Terradome :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated with Terradome. Probably some other STF maps are missing, I'm not as familiar with those.

Also, does anyone know if we have Quark's Bar?
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We have neither Quark's nor the ops level to DS9. Not to mention the shuttle interior map. :(
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I THINK that if you use weird enough coordinates that you can get to those areas. Like ESD, DS9 has map sections that you can't walk to and have to warp to. the question is where the devs hid them....

It would definitely be nice to have that spacewalk map from the 2800 FEs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated with Shuttle interior as well as DS9 sections - Quarks Bar and Ops with a note that it needs investigating. When I get some time I'll poke around that map and see if they're hiding.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I did some number crunching...

Quark's: 16/-1018/-157 : 4.9/-313.2/-48.3
    outside door: -16/ 1/-107 :-4.9/ .3/-32.9
    Ops: 28/-1959/ 540 : 8.6/-602.8/166.2

and it turns out the floor of the foundry map is ~-53, so no you can't go there. :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There's another map missing from the list: Paradise City. Though I'm not sure whether the Cryptic version is its own map or part of the Nimbus III map, or whether just the bar interior is its own map. (The different parts of Nimbus III behave differently, suggesting maps-within-maps. You can take your BOffs with you on most of Nimbus III, but like a social zone they don't accompany you inside Paradise City. Also, the ambient lighting changes once you enter/exit the bar.)

Just slightly off-topic, a few of the listed maps could use some special treatment:

• The Romulan ship interiors should be done without the singularity core; that should be its own object asset instead. Actually two different assets: one static (for core-malfunction scenarios and such), the other animated.

• Also, certain maps (such as Nukara Prime and DS9 exterior) should be set up to require EV suits, while others (such as the Elachi interiors) should be set up to require rebreathers (with EV suits also allowed). Of course, these would be great as options for any ground or interior map, but that's another discussion.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another 2 I thought of: Deep space K7 exterior and interior with Naomi Wildman's office. I could have used those for a current project.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated with K-7.

I'm assuming that Paradise City and the rest Nimbus III are actually all one map, just set up to despawn your away team within the city. That would certainly be an interesting ability for us to have.
  • Options
    donperkdonperk Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Updated with K-7.

I'm assuming that Paradise City and the rest Nimbus III are actually all one map, just set up to despawn your away team within the city. That would certainly be an interesting ability for us to have.

OT, but along the same thought-line as the quote: I would LOVE to have the ability to move the player to a different spot in the map. Not only for turbolift/transporter story mechanics, but just think of being able to write Q missions where he yanks the player all over the place. :D
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    donperk wrote: »
    OT, but along the same thought-line as the quote: I would LOVE to have the ability to move the player to a different spot in the map. Not only for turbolift/transporter story mechanics, but just think of being able to write Q missions where he yanks the player all over the place. :D

For what it's worth, Neverwinter has a number of teleporter objects so there's always hope the tech will get ported to STO.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is way off-topic, but a better title for this thread would be "Master Manifest of Missing Maps". It has added alliterative appeal. :D
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I was totally looking for another M word to put in there. I don't know why "manifest" never came to me. I bow to your superior vocabulary.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Eh, I used a thesaurus.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated with Memory Alpha space/interior.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What about player ship interiors?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Player ship interiors - YES. A few authors have found ingenious ways of doing it anyway (step forward, Patarival with "Black Boxes"! Can anyone tell me what those maps were, please, I could do with them for the one I'm writing?), but it only works in a few situations and rarely perfectly - and of course, any spaceship interior map however generic is obviously wrong if you're playing a Romulan, ruining the atmosphere.

That's a slightly more complicated thing than the other maps requested, of course - i.e. it's not just another map file to add, it'd involve coding a way for what the author did to map to the interior of whatever kind of ship the player is using. Still, that sounds possible to me, off-hand and knowing nothing much about the engine, and it would be a great addition and well worth taking some trouble over.

After all, so many of the best TOS episodes were practically "bottle shows" - you rarely see any actual alien planets, or even space apart from the little linking shots, just the inside of this spaceship, hermetically sealed, 1000000 miles from anywhere, as everyone slowly realises that Something Very Nasty is happening on board...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    What about player ship interiors?

Look under "Interiors" right under the fleet holdings :)
  • Options
    borg9870borg9870 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I dont think they've been in any STO missions, but these maps would be great for the foundry.
    -NX-01 Bridge
    -NX-01 Engineering
    -NX-01 Crew deck
    (Basically, a complete NX-01 interior map)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    While those would be cool, I don't think we can realistically expect any maps to be added that aren't already in the game somewhere.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    obelisk Bridge interior ?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    yeah, I'm not yet sure what could be done with that, but I'm sure someone would think of something. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah, I'm not yet sure what could be done with that, but I'm sure someone would think of something. :D

It shares the same design as the Dyson sphere interiors and subspace lair... so...an Elachi story I suppose? :S
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    borg9870borg9870 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While those would be cool, I don't think we can realistically expect any maps to be added that aren't already in the game somewhere.

I suppose theres no harm in putting the map in the list. Being an interior of one the Enterprise ships, it's kind of an important map :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    borg9870 wrote: »
    I suppose theres no harm in putting the map in the list. Being an interior of one the Enterprise ships, it's kind of an important map :)

Only if you're writing a time travel mission.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Should clarify that the intent of the list was to document those maps that are already in the game but are not in the Foundry. While I'd love, really really love to have the ENT sets, they don't exist in game. I've updated the OP to better specify. Also added the maps from the new FE.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Should clarify that the intent of the list was to document those maps that are already in the game but are not in the Foundry. While I'd love, really really love to have the ENT sets, they don't exist in game. I've updated the OP to better specify. Also added the maps from the new FE.
    Speaking of the new FE.... I'd also love to have that tech for changing the map back drop when you are standing in a certain area.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    It shares the same design as the Dyson sphere interiors and subspace lair... so...an Elachi story I suppose? :S
    Except that those aren't Elachi.... :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Constitution class Shuttlebay

When playing through the mission 'Of Bajor' in the 2800 mission series, There is a mission where you fight a simulation of Jemhadar inside a shuttlebay

Aside from having nice floor details, a Flight control deck with window, Cargo bay doors, this shuttlebay happens to interesting because its the interior for the shuttlebay at the back of the ship, with the curved doors, and including a view of the Nacelles

For anybody making a mission that involves the constitution refit interior, this asset could be invaluable
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
This discussion has been closed.