What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

United Federation Legion Tips of the Day

Comments

• Options
    yiweitechyiweitech Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You can change the color scheme of your entire UI by going to Options > HUD > Colors. You can choose from a variety of color options, including the LCARS colors seen on screen in TNG and VOY, as well as color schemes from other races.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Accolades give you special boosts/resistance to all kinds of things. They are very minor (usually below 1(%)), but they stack up and make a real difference in combat.
    They also give cool titles to display.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Tribble test server lets players test out new content to be added to the game. To copy a character onto Tribble, go to STO's website > My Account > Profile > Character Transfer > read and Sign Up > select the character you want transferred > Copy Character.
    Then wait for a few hours and go into your game launcher. You should now see a "Tribble Test Server" shard above the patch bar. Click it, let it patch, and now you have access to awesome new features that aren't in the game yet.
    Tribble is on an entirely different server. So anything you do on Tribble will be sperate from your primary (Holodeck) character. Because of this, it's a good idea to copy your character again after a major change (ex. Got a MACO set). The Dilithium exchange and exchange is also unavailable.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    howiebabey82howiebabey82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ok on the slanted box with little squares i click on it i see 1 2 3 4 is there a way i can get a second box or make it bigger then it already is?
  • Options
    howiebabey82howiebabey82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ignore that sory
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Modifiers give your equipment more of a certain stat.
    [Acc] gives a boost to accuracy, and increases the chance of critical hits when accuracy is maxed out.
    [Dmg] gives you a boost to damage.
    [CrtH] gives you a higher chance of getting a critical hit.
    [CrtD] gives a boost to critical damage
    [CrtX] gives a smaller boost to both critical hit chance and critical damage.
    [DoT#] has a chance to apply Damage over Time. Specifics vary according to number.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Be sure to delete your old mail! If not, you will not get new mail and likely lose all your exchange returns. Also, the mail allows for a maximum of 40 attachments, so don't leave them there.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This should probably be at the front of the list somewhere but I didn't realize that this was not common knowledge until today.
    To switch chat zones, there is a button to the left of your chat box that says "Zone" or "Local" by default. Click that button and you can change your chat channel to:
    Local: People in your map instance can see this.
    Zone: People on all instances of your map can see this.
    Fleet: Unlocked after joining a fleet, everyone online in your fleet can see this. Great for communicating with fleet members.
    Team: Only shown if on a team. This is used to communicate with team members, only they can see this.
    Other Custom Channels: There are many private or public channels you can join check out this for a relatively comprehensive list of public channels.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Global_Channel_Directory
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Every chat channel comes with its own color. You can change each color by right clicking the "chat" tab. You can also join channels and play around with various other options using that window.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Our new YouTube videos are up! Be sure to check them out here.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    jimmyjjohn0jimmyjjohn0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You can place your weapons on auto fire by right clicking each icon in your weapons tray. The icon should be surrounded by a green box. This saves energy and space bars. However, this isn't recommended for PvP.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Good news! I finally got my mail working again, man did that take a long while... So you can message me in-game again!
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ever wonder what's in each update/patch? You can see what Cryptic changed with STO by going to
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-patch-notes
    Here, what has been changed is listed in clear, understandable English (unlike CyanogenMod...) and a new log is released each time the game is patched.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Something I learned today, the forum mail system is limited to 5000 characters, then letters start to disappear...
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Each fleet has its own holdings, the fleet Starbase is in the Eta Eridani Sector Block, the fleet Embassy is on New Romulus, and the fleet Dilithium Mine is located in the Beta Ursae Sector Block. All three have their own services, and they are all available via Transwarp (the Starbase is available via Transwarp and the other two facilities can be accessed via the transporter pad in the Starbase.) once your fleet holdings are at a high enough tier.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    There are several Duty Officer assignments which are given in a chain, these usually lead to large rewards and a lot of commendation experience. They are located in different sectors, and a complete list can be found here.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    In sector space, you can open up your map ("M" by default) and click on the "Galaxy Map" tab to see a map of all the sectors you can travel to in the game. it also displays your location and major star systems in each sector.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Transwarp is the ability to travel from one point to another instantly. The shortcut is T by default, but you can find the icon to the left of your minimap. By default, you have access to ESD and your fleet star base, if that project has been completed, but more are unlocked as you work your way through the diplomacy commendation with your duty officers. Single-use transwarp coils can also be purchased at the Requisitions section in ESD.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    These next couple tips are courtesy of one of our awesome fleet members.

You can select a system from the list of system on the Map page to go to a particular system on autopilot, you can also double click on your area map on a system OR a sector block at the edge to go to that system or sector block on autopilot.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    When you go to start a new assignment the department head of the given department will give recommendations on what duty officers to assign. These are not always the best recommendations - especially on assignments that requisition other duty officers, if you don't like the odds you are seeing of blue or purple success, the traits of the recommended officers might not be a good match for those required for critical success for the assignment. You should click the button that lets you look at the entire duty officer roster and you might find a better fit for critical success and get a better officer. You can also filter officers according to traits, rarity, and some other things (my internet is breaking down so I can't really check).
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The CHAT option selection from the ESC main options menu is very useful and adds a whole new flexibility to your chat window. *Unlike the chat suboption under OPTIONS which lets you change some display features, this set of options allows you to configure new tabs, amd specify in detail which channels go with each tab.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The ACCESS LIBRARY COMPUTER option from the main ESC OPTIONS display is -not- the same as the one on the bridge of your ship, this main computer option has detailed help, default key and action descripsions of game features in deail, and various strategies for ground and space combat, exploration and more.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Alright sorry about the absence, but here's another tip.
    Every Borg STF mission has a certain strategy, there are excellent guides about it on the STO wiki and STO academy, as well as YouTube walkthroughs.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    iconian7iconian7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Greetings,

Here's My Tip:

Dont Play STO...just kiddin...

Dont get me wrong STO is a great game; but not at lvl 30 if I want I just come in and send out my rats to level me.

Sorry I dont play STO anymore for awhile unless I want an easy game to play to relax my brain haha (!); ya you could call that a tip.

Here's another one - Try Eve Online but only if you want a challenge and if your ship gets destroyed you wont haul TRIBBLE back to mama cryin sayin you lost yer ship and you want another one; in Eve Online ship loss is permadeath for it.

I am tryin a Live Stream Tonite to De-Mystify all that and attempt to present a good side of Eve Online; a side that is easy to learn once you know the ropes as they say.

Here is my Live Stream URL:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I will be streaming about 3 hours from now at 20:00 GMT exactly.

Sorry you wont see any flying space ship battles for that find them on Youtube.

This will be a LIVE event where people can ask questions if you have a TwitchTv account; get one and learn to stream; stremaing is fun as well.

As for PVP - Eve Online is so much PVP and so different from any game out there, that when you die and lose a ship you could lose real money - as in $100s of dollars on one ship...I will explain just how not to let that happen; it;s really simple; you need to belong to a CORP and travel in Fleets and make friends...

However you can do all that and more solo for a long time as well; and it is that portion that I am going to cover.

This is geared mainly for real new players on trial accounts.

Cdr Zeta
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    iconian7 wrote: »
    Greetings,

...stuff... Here's another one - Try Eve Online ...stuff...

Hijacking someone else's thread to advertise another game entirely is a bit immature. It also makes it unlikely I or others will take you seriously. That whole post was all just a really weak attempt at getting views for your livestream that has nothing to do with STO or this thread at all.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    iconian7 wrote: »
    Greetings,

Here's My Tip:

Dont Play STO...just kiddin...

Dont get me wrong STO is a great game; but not at lvl 30 if I want I just come in and send out my rats to level me.

Sorry I dont play STO anymore for awhile unless I want an easy game to play to relax my brain haha (!); ya you could call that a tip.

Here's another one - Try Eve Online but only if you want a challenge and if your ship gets destroyed you wont haul TRIBBLE back to mama cryin sayin you lost yer ship and you want another one; in Eve Online ship loss is permadeath for it.

I am tryin a Live Stream Tonite to De-Mystify all that and attempt to present a good side of Eve Online; a side that is easy to learn once you know the ropes as they say.

Here is my Live Stream URL:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I will be streaming about 3 hours from now at 20:00 GMT exactly.

Sorry you wont see any flying space ship battles for that find them on Youtube.

This will be a LIVE event where people can ask questions if you have a TwitchTv account; get one and learn to stream; stremaing is fun as well.

As for PVP - Eve Online is so much PVP and so different from any game out there, that when you die and lose a ship you could lose real money - as in $100s of dollars on one ship...I will explain just how not to let that happen; it;s really simple; you need to belong to a CORP and travel in Fleets and make friends...

However you can do all that and more solo for a long time as well; and it is that portion that I am going to cover.

This is geared mainly for real new players on trial accounts.

Cdr Zeta

... Now I live in Canada so I'll sitck with the stereotype and be as polite as possible, so would you kindly please haul your *** back to EVE and get the **** out of this thread on STO. Take your ******* rats with you.

As for the game itself, without people like you, it's a good game with real strategies and some epic battles, but it takes up a ton of time and mechanisms like time dilation can be really frustrating. It's also the very definition of pay to win, hence we're here on STO playing grind to win...
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ... Now my actual tip, again this should be somewhere at the beginning but I didn't realize tutorials were this bad so here it is...
    You can private message (PM) someone by right clicking their character or name (in the chat box). You can also type "/tell charactername@handle" or just "/t @handle" usually works as well.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Our long awaited ship shopping list part two and three are now up on YouTube! If you're looking for a ship, we break things down for you for a easier decision, YouTube channel is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZj-KO63VX2uXtx-rSGiNUg/videos
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Our EVEN longer awaited WEBSITE is NOW UP!!! More features and improvements will be coming up, and please excuse our chat testers.
    http://unitedfederationlegion.com/
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force