test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Preview

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Missed my Season 8 livestream today? Check out the recorded version of the preview here!

Link to the video.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeeah. I fully intend to be there.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • brickmasterjack8brickmasterjack8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sounds amazing! Quick question, what are the prizes?
    edited October 2013
    Sounds amazing! Quick question, what are the prizes?

Probably S8 stuff that'll be revealed closer to S8's release. Hence, he probably won't be able to say until some of next week's Dev Blogs have come out.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    darn I work until 6 on the 1st and wont be able to make it. :mad:
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I remember legacy packs for the LoR livestream so the prizes are usually pretty sweet!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    paulyman wrote: »
    I remember legacy packs for the LoR livestream so the prizes are usually pretty sweet!

I also remember my bitter disappointment at failing to get the packs. Twice. :(

1 in a million, folks. 1 in a million...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cool, so 19th of November will be the release of the S8.

(as last time the livestream was 4th of may and 17 days later the LoR was released, but that was a saturday, now its friday so we need to add 18 days.)
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    How come the channel is in private mode i whould to click the follow button so i can be notified when you guys start streaming
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
    edited October 2013
    How come the channel is in private mode i whould to click the follow button so i can be notified when you guys start streaming

They'll start streaming on Friday, November 1st, 2013 at 12pm PDT.

Not like it's posted anywhere, so hope this helps :P
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    They'll start streaming on Friday, November 1st, 2013 at 12pm PDT.

Not like it's posted anywhere, so hope this helps :P

i meant getting a automated update on my Twitch iPhone App in case i forget the time
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    i meant getting a automated update on my Twitch iPhone App in case i forget the time

From the OP :)
    **This is a public channel, and is only temporarily private.

It should be set back to public later today.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • rodimus2099rodimus2099 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For those of us who cant be there will this be record so we can watch it later?
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'll be using the [Prize catcher [want]x3 [now]x6] :D
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited October 2013
    For those of us who cant be there will this be record so we can watch it later?

You should be able to watch the recorded version later via our Twitch channel.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great, I hope its devs doing this so that they can play the game finally and might even see a few bugs they didn't get to fix :P ha :P
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lets hold an event 3-5 pm my time and give away prizes.. 1st off i can't wait for the new season to get here but A. I have to be at work and being most adults have to work till 5pm and usually have a 30+ min drive to get home. B. most students are probably still in school I guess the people they are targeting for this event is the elderly and retired. You can do better guys
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Glad it will be a chance to view it later. I work during the hours for my area. So I can see it when I get time.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You should be able to watch the recorded version later via our Twitch channel.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks.

It would be nice if you could also make a short post to tell us when it is uploaded and maybe how to access it because I could not see any possibility to watch uploads when I checked your companys twitch channel.
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm confused, how is this going to be a preview when season 8 is being released on the 31st of October, and this is happening on the 1st of November?
    edited October 2013
    Thanks.

It would be nice if you could also make a short post to tell us when it is uploaded and maybe how to access it because I could not see any possibility to watch uploads when I checked your companys twitch channel.

I'll post it up on the site the following week, but you should be able to go to the Twitch page later in the day to watch it. It typically saves and posts the file shortly after recording.
    worgaus wrote: »
    'm confused, how is this going to be a preview when season 8 is being released on the 31st of October, and this is happening on the 1st of November?

Season 8 is not releasing on 10/31 -- "Sphere of Influence," our upcoming Feature Episode, is.

EDIT: P.S. The channel is once again public :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    I'll post it up on the site the following week, but you should be able to go to the Twitch page later in the day to watch it. It typically saves and posts the file shortly after recording.

Season 8 is not releasing on 10/31 -- "Sphere of Influence," our upcoming Feature Episode, is.

EDIT: P.S. The channel is once again public :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hey Brandon... In regards to this... and in correlation to LoR (Legacy of Romulus) are there going to be similar rewards, Legacy Packs, Starter Packs.. but for Season 8 or will it still be Legacy pack or Starter packs?
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey Brandon... In regards to this... and in correlation to LoR (Legacy of Romulus) are there going to be similar rewards, Legacy Packs, Starter Packs.. but for Season 8 or will it still be Legacy pack or Starter packs?

It's a Season, not an expansion. LoR was an expansion that introduced a new faction, hence the starter pack and legacy pack. Seasons typically introduce new content and progress the storyline of STO. There will probably be new lockboxes and new stuff for the c-store, but it won't be on the scale the Legacy Bundle was.

You'll probably have to wait until they introduce the next faction expansion before you get a new faction based bundle like that.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    It's a Season, not an expansion. LoR was an expansion that introduced a new faction, hence the starter pack and legacy pack. Seasons typically introduce new content and progress the storyline of STO. There will probably be new lockboxes and new stuff for the c-store, but it won't be on the scale the Legacy Bundle was.

You'll probably have to wait until they introduce the next faction expansion before you get a new faction based bundle like that.

I was referring to the Twitch Livestream... As they always grant Items to viewers...
  • griged32griged32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    and of course I work...

KLINGON DEATH SCREAM

Ah well, it's a neat idea guys :) good luck
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Could we get a hint on the prizes for asking questions/making comments?

Will it be Zen, Ships, Energy Credits maybe?
    Or will it be stuff we will get in Season 8? :)
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Count on me to be there! :)

*Austin Powers voice* I'll try to behave..
    signwidrona.png
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm confused, how is this going to be a preview when season 8 is being released on the 31st of October, and this is happening on the 1st of November?

The prequel FE is on the 31st not S8.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tune in next Friday, November 1st, from 12PM/ Noon to 2PM PDT
    I get off work at 1:30pm and home by 1:50pm. Don't end early! So I can pop on and qualify for the giveaway!
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited October 2013
    I get off work at 1:30pm and home by 1:50pm. Don't end early! So I can pop on and qualify for the giveaway!
    [/CENTER]

There will be several giveaways throughout the stream, probably one towards or at the end. Make sure you say something in chat once you log in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There will be several giveaways throughout the stream, probably one towards or at the end. Make sure you say something in chat once you log in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sounds like a plan.
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.