Options

No love for Vulcan?

2»

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ficr wrote: »
    Not that the first reboot didn't leave me with a lot of questions. A mining ship (not a military ship) from the near future makes short work of a Federation Fleet?

Mount some 50 cals on a freighter and it can make short work of 150 year old sailing ships with canons.
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reminds me of something I once said when, as a fanfic author, I got tired of someone constantly complaining that 'this didn't happen in canon'...

I took a picture of a Civil War cannon and captioned it "Cannon - For when you just don't care about canon".

Hehe thats worth a nice chuckle :)
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So... it went from why the heck we never get any more Vulcan starships in the game to a discussion of the various stupid elements of ST: Enterprise and discussion of the Narada. Typical.
  • Options
    allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would be cool to see more npc ships in space maps, Vulcans, etc flying from sector to sector. I think there should be an option for Vulcan captains to fly a Vulcan ship for Vulcan Missions. Same for Orions.

I think each Star Trek series had their bad episodes. TNG Episode 1 and others, Most of DS9,some of Voyager and yes Enterprise. I think all of them after TNG tried to make episodes for all fans.

I liked Enterprise because they were having to deal with things as they went. If T'Pol or Tucker were the captain instead of Archer, things wouldve been way different.

But I think this should go on another thread!
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2013
    mvp333 wrote: »
    So... it went from why the heck we never get any more Vulcan starships in the game to a discussion of the various stupid elements of ST: Enterprise and discussion of the Narada. Typical.

I tried to get this discussion back on track, but nobody paid attention :(
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zipagat wrote: »
    Too many episodes like "A night in sickbay'' and not enough like what was shown in S4.

Plus the only person who apparently is not a complete moron who doesn't throw caution is Reid who gets told he is paranoid ect when he uses common sense.

i still think Reid alert is better than red alert :D
    timezarg wrote: »
    I tried to get this discussion back on track, but nobody paid attention :(

fine, vulcans get more love than Trills or Tellarites or even Betazoid because you can visit Vulcan, both in the second mission and then later if u wish plus there is a Vulcan ship (yet no Tellarite ship).

There are also many Vulcan npc's that you interact with so yes there is only 1 vulcan ship but Vulcan is part of the Federation now 90% of the fleet is either gone or re purposed for scientific use.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Hey, Enterprise wasn't the worst show. The reason it failed was because of all the fans who didn't like change and were stuck in the dark ages. :P

Voyager was the worst show. Enterprise was ruined by the Xindi/Temporal Cold War nonsense.

Season 1 was your average/good as the 'shake-down' cruise. Season 4 started paying attention to the interactions of the major races in Trek lore. I was really happy to see Andorian/Tellarite/Romulan conflicts, but by that time Enterprise was going down. IMO, if season 4 had been season 2, Enterprise might have gotten a full run. Hell, Voyager was horrible but managed to get 7 seasons.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, so according to some of what I've read, it makes more sense to have ships made by a species that only ever appeared in 1 series, and not for very long (Tholians) and have PLAYERS be able to obtain them, than to have more ships that were used by a race that made an appearance in every single series. I could make the same point about the Jem'Hadar ships as well. My point is, there's all this emphasis on players using ships by certain races that hardly ever showed up, but one of the most loved, quoted, and impersonated races has simply had 1 ship tossed in and was never touched on again. I'd be perfectly happy to see the D'Kyr get a couple more versions, such as a refit, or retrofit, maybe something with an extra tactical or engineering slot/officer, and a fleet version. Practically every other ship has 1 or more of these.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Voyager was the worst show. Enterprise was ruined by the Xindi/Temporal Cold War nonsense.

Season 1 was your average/good as the 'shake-down' cruise. Season 4 started paying attention to the interactions of the major races in Trek lore. I was really happy to see Andorian/Tellarite/Romulan conflicts, but by that time Enterprise was going down. IMO, if season 4 had been season 2, Enterprise might have gotten a full run. Hell, Voyager was horrible but managed to get 7 seasons.

I would say the downfall of UPN as a network played a role in the cancellation of Enterprise and low ratings while competing against first Stargate then BSG.