What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #3

13»

Comments

• purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Voth seem to remind me more and more of The Race from the Worldwar series by Harry Turtledove. They are a bunch of lizards, have a highly mistaken sense of superiority, are more technologically advanced than anyone else, and have an extremely slow rate of progress for technology.

So all we need to do is waft some mustard gas in their direction?
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some things I thought of while reading this:

1) The line, "We must be more agile and more willing to try new tactics to defeat them," could mean developing new weaponry or using weapons that were in the past considered illegal (like, thalaron, for instance).

2) The line, "They seem reluctant to engage unless it is a question of Doctrine or survival, and find combat distasteful," seems like they'd give Klingons and Romulans more of a hassle than the Federation...

3) I am not familiar enough with STO's past to be able to say with certainty, but it sounds as if the Klingons have not been given their due attention. And though there have been a few who said this could/should have been a Federation attache', this may be STO's way of giving the Klingons as much attention as the Romulans got with LoR...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In fact, that was the reason the Klingon Empire would not help some Klingons who had come from the future and asked for help.

What episode was that?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • rarianrakistararianrakista Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only solution is for Cryptic to give us a BOFF power that allows us to beam tribbles unto other ships.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, the way its written one could almost think they gave a TRIBBLE about the KDF. Wonder how we will fight the Voth with weak ships, buggy content and an very underwhelming level of gameplay.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What episode was that?

That would be "Night of the Comet" part of the Spectres storyline I believe.

Though I could be wrong....the Episode is the one where you send your ship through time via those rings that speed up your velocity.

Again...in my opinion it was obvious that those Klingons from the future just didn't have a good understanding of the concept of Blood Wine and flying starships.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That would be "Night of the Comet" part of the Spectres storyline I believe.

Though I could be wrong....the Episode is the one where you send your ship through time via those rings that speed up your velocity.

Again...in my opinion it was obvious that those Klingons from the future just didn't have a good understanding of the concept of Blood Wine and flying starships.

What "Klingons from the future"? The only Klingons in that mission were B'vat and his crews, and they were clearly native to the 23rd century. And they didn't know the player was from the future.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone