2»

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim?"
    "You could say that."
    "Sounds like fun."

-- Kirk and Picard, "Generations".
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "We can admit that we're killers, but we're not going to kill... today! That's all it takes."
    -- James T. Kirk, TOS "A Taste of Armageddon"

"Logic is little bird, tweeting in meadow. Logic is wreath of pretty flowers, which smell bad."
    -- Spock, TOS "I, Mudd"

and two from TOS "The Trouble with Tribbles", both from Kirk and directed at the fussy Minister Nils Baris:
    "I was not aware, Mister Baris, that twelve Klingons constitutes a swarm."

"On the contrary, sir. I think of this project as very important. It is you I take lightly."

Two classics from the movies, both from Spock:
    "I have been, and always shall be, your friend."

"They like you very much, but they are not the hell your whales."

"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires, both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
    -- Q, TNG "Q Who"

"The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth, or historical truth, or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based. If you can't find it within yourself to stand up and tell the truth about what happened, you don't deserve to wear that uniform."
    -- Jean-Luc Picard, TNG "The First Duty"

and two other magnificently emotional speeches from Picard, which I won't reproduce in their entirety here: channeling Sarek's anguish in the episode of the same name, and his admission to his brother of what the Borg did to him, and blaming himself for not being able to stop them, in TNG "Family".

finally, two exchanges from the series finale, "All Good Things..." - Picard sincerely thanking Q for his help in the crisis, and Q bitterly admitting that he was under orders from the Continuum to cause it... then adding with a smirk that the help was his idea, showing he does have some affection for the little monkeys (and one in particular). And the very last lines of the episode, and the show:

"I should have done this a long time ago."
    "You were always welcome."
    "So, five-card stud, nothing wild... and the sky's the limit."
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2013
    Spock: "Now, Father, tell me again: Why did you marry my mother?"
    Sarek: "Well, at the time it seemed the logical thing to do."
    Amanda: (sighs, shakes her head) "Vulcans."
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    edited October 2013
    I always enjoyed this exchange;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4totEQye87Q
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Inter arma enim silent leges

Nuff said
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2013
    "Oh, another glorious chapter in Klingon history. Tell me, do they still sing songs of 'The Great Tribble Hunt?'"

-- Odo to Worf, "Trials and Tribble-ations"
  • bozzy88bozzy88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way" - Captain Kathryn Janeway

"This is Captain Janeway of the Warship: Voyager. Break off your attack or I'll destroy you"
    - Captain Kathryn Janeway

"Your not exactly catching us at our best" - Captain James T Kirk

"Rumors of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated." -Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Oh, ****!!!" - Lt Cdr Data

"Life forms.... You tiny little life forms..... You precious little life forms.... Where are you?" -
    Lt Cdr Data

"Human females are so repulsive!" - Lursa

"I don't like bullies, I don't like threats, and I don't like you, Cullah" - Captain Kathryn Janeway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We've just received word from the fleet, they've engaged the Borg!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic."

-Captain Picard
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited October 2013
    "JUST because a group of people belong to the Federation, it does not mean that they are saints. Do you know what the trouble is? The trouble is Earth! On Earth, there is no poverty, no crime, no war - you look out the window of Starfleet Headquarters and you see paradise. Well, it's easy to be a saint in paradise. But the Maquis do not live in paradise. Out there, in the Demilitarised Zone, all the problems haven't been solved yet. Out there, there are no saints, just people. Angry, scared, determined people who are going to do whatever it takes to survive. Whether it meets with the Federation's approval or not!"

And normally I'm not big on Sisko (don't ask me why, just not... he's still better than Janeway, though), but this speech right here...
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    From DS9: "Duet":

Aamin Maritza: "For Cardassia. Cardassia will only survive if it stands before Bajor and admits the truth. My trial will force Cardassia to admit its guilt. And we're guilty, all of us. My death is necessary!"
    Kira: "What you're asking for is another murder. Enough good people have already died. I won't help kill another."
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ~Dr Leonard "Bones" Mccoy~

"Its worse then that hes' dead jim"
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    'What does god need with a starship?'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,433 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    KIRK: You could see the alert light flashing from there, Bones, why didn't you say anything? (KIRK exits through door)

MCCOY: (calling after KIRK) I finally got to finish a physical on you, though, didn't I? Besides, what am I, a doctor, or a moon shuttle conductor? (door finishes closing, MCCOY continues quietly) If I jumped every time a light started flashing around here, I'd end up talking to myself!

- TOS, "The Corbomite Maneuver", scene ii
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Q: I have no powers! Q the ordinary.
    Capt. Picard: Q the liar! Q the misanthrope!
    Q: Q the miserable, Q the desperate! What must I do to convince you people?
    Lieutenant Worf: Die.
    Q: Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books lately?
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C., or D."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    General Chang: We need living space
    Kirk: Earth, Hitler 1938

Star Trek VI
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius