test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When leaving bridge... how lazy can one be???

2»

Comments

• Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

Does that mean I'll never get a 29th century bar inside my wells? :rolleyes:

tekehd wrote: »
    Your bridge isn't interior to your ship?

No it subsist in a quantum paralel reflexion and dont have a bathroom...
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lter wrote: »
    No it subsist in a quantum paralel reflexion and dont have a bathroom...

Going to be bathroom would violate canon ::nods::
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tekehd wrote: »
    Going to be bathroom would violate canon ::nods::

Oh please, Kirk sits down on a toilet in Star Trek V.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20051021005846/memoryalpha/en/images/a/a0/Brig_toilet.jpg
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I'd redo the leaving the ship sequence myself...

What I wouldn't mind is that as you leave the ship interior, it does;

A) If going to a ground map then it can continue to beam me out
    B) If going to a space map, I sit in the captains chair, and do the engage emote

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wonder why not every1 is fat like hell because we dont even walk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Of why ships have warp engines.. since we just queue for everything and magically are transported across the galaxy for the 15 minute mission, and transported back when its done.

• Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cryptic should add toilets in all ships, this game doesnt feel star trek anymore. Taco posted in this thread, so that means they are gonna add toilets in the season 8 and they should fulfill that promess or I'll be mad.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lter wrote: »
    Cryptic should add toilets in all ships, this game doesnt feel star trek anymore. Taco posted in this thread, so that means they are gonna add toilets in the season 8 and they should fulfill that promess or I'll be mad.

Unless my characters start crapping Pink rocks.... not interested :rolleyes:

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I RP that I am transporting to the battle bridge :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But... The bridge on my Defiant class IS the battle-bridge?

Since we are kicking the dead horse, let me ask this:

Couldn the Guys at cryptic, make the camera to any of the nearest screens, while a text is showing "Observing in tactical-mode", and then load screen?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Personally, since the addition of full Starship interiors:

1) I've always found it ridiculous (except in the case of the Odyssey Bridge which HAS a transporter pad in the back); that I always beam directly to my Bridge. One would think I'd beim into my Transporter room.

2) that I see crew 'beaming' (complete with the sound effect) in to my ship corridors. (I realize with the way the Cryptic Engine works it populates after I spawn into a map; but I've also seen it has the ability to have NPCs silently fade in, and out - and IMO that would be a better mechanic then loudly beaming in crew as I step out.

3) WHY do I have to see myself beaming off my bridge? In the early Foundry, you had map transitions occur with your crew standing there (not beaming out.) <---- Why couldn't this be done for the times you return to tactical view from your ship?

I realize immersion is what a player makes of it; but with all the various game mechanic and obvious Cryptic Engine enhancements STO has seen in 3 1/2 years of operation (4 years this month if you include the original 2009 closed beta start); I find it interesting that these 'relics' (for want of a better term) of the "OMG! We're under immense time pressure to meet the CBS contractual deadline" era remain in STO after 3 1/2 to 4 years.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Let's cut to the chase here.

It's time for an integrated ship interior/exterior experience where we can command mission from the bridge while watching the viewscreen as well as a third person external ship view.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm surprised sonnikku hasn't posted in this thread, she started one with the same topic perhaps 2 days before this one
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually there is a lot of things sort of wrong with transporters in STO...

Like when I got a Romulan ship that was allied to the Federation I noticed my Fed Boff's also had a federation transporter installed on my ship and never even told their captain about it.

Now when I go on away missions they use their federation transporter room and I use the Romulan one...and again I was not notified of this "upgrade" to my ship and I have searched every deck, all the rooms and no where can I find where they installed their federation transporter room! :eek:
  • Options
    kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually there is a lot of things sort of wrong with transporters in STO...

Like when I got a Romulan ship that was allied to the Federation I noticed my Fed Boff's also had a federation transporter installed on my ship and never even told their captain about it.

Now when I go on away missions they use their federation transporter room and I use the Romulan one...and again I was not notified of this "upgrade" to my ship and I have searched every deck, all the rooms and no where can I find where they installed their federation transporter room! :eek:

The marauding/diplomacy boffs do that too. Everybody uses the transporters of their faction, regardless of their captain's alignment. Which leaves Klingons (and Joined Trill, I guess) as the only playable species that can end up using different transporter effect. And Klingons, along with the fancy event boffs as the only boffs that do.

Err... unless the Embassy Romulans use your faction's transporter. Wouldn't know, since I haven't grabbed any of them.
  • Options
    galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm wondering... do Klingons have bathrooms?

About the issue... I would be happy if I could Sit in the chair and just fade out to Tactical View.
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    brave777brave777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    And thanks to transporter technology you don't even have to go to the bathroom anymore it filters it out of you when you transport.

OH MY GOD this KILLED me!!! Hahaha. I've never thought about that.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I RP that I am transporting to the battle bridge :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

NEEEEEEEERRRRD! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8 :)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    And thanks to transporter technology you don't even have to go to the bathroom anymore it filters it out of you when you transport.

A TRIBBLE question, sir? http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/TRIBBLE
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sometimes the ship is too big
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "Captain! The shields are down, phaser banks are inoperative, and the torpedo bays are empty!"

"Helm, bring us around hard. Ops... Vent Waste Storage Tanks."
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Mine dont, at least the new one that is purple.

In fact they shouldn't because your Marauding BO is a KDF officer, its set as a KDF officer and Romulans are all over the place because they can use their allied faction BOs that are Fed or KDF and their own Romulan BOs that are ONLY RR faction, the difference is understandable as the way they are set ... my guess is the Embassy BOs will also use whatever effect your Fleet faction will be because they are also KDF or Fed, never RR.

Dunno what to tell you, but my Caitian just got his diplomacy boff last week, and she beams out KDF style, just without the tap-tap-tap at her wrist. Can't remember if my Vulcan's does or not. To be honest, I haven't tested my Gorn's marauding boff, but given the lack of polish on them to begin with...