test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into Darkness Dreadnaught

megaforce1964megaforce1964 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi,

Ever since seeing the "Into Darkness" movie, I have been wondering if STO will be bringing the Federation Dreadnaught ship, used by Admiral Marcus, into STO.

I purchased the current available Dreadnaught class sometime ago and I was kinda hoping that STO will be offering this new look to those of us, who have purchased the Galaxy X class before, for free. Because to be honest, I would like a new look to my 2500 zen ship.
Post edited by megaforce1964 on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cryptic does not have the rights to use things from the JJ movies.

The upcoming Avenger is probably as close to the Vengeance as this game will ever get.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This has been covered a LOT of times in the past:
    Cryptic is allowed to use material from the TV shows, the Animated Series, the first ten movies and some novels and the "Countdown" comics.
    The latter are also a source for the 11th movie. For example the destruction of Romulus is depicted there.

Cryptic can NOT use material that is exclusive to the new movies.
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    for free

u wot m8

/4free
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And looking at the picks, I think I'd prefer to have an Avenger anyway.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Cryptic does not have the rights to use things from the JJ movies.

The upcoming Avenger is probably as close to the Vengeance as this game will ever get.

bother that means I have to spend even more on Fed ships.

I wish you could exchange a 2500 zen ship with a different 2500 zen ship. Like once every 3 months or so, now that would be cool. I mean playing the same ship all the time can get boring.

But oh well, have to wait for the avenger class then. :(
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No.
    It looks like a flying pizza slicer.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    anyone got a screen or pic of the avenger class?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And looking at the picks, I think I'd prefer to have an Avenger anyway.
    When you consider that the JJ Enterprise is as big as a Sovereign the Vengeance would be massive - probably even making the Odyssey seem smallish. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    anyone got a screen or pic of the avenger class?

There's a whole new blog on it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=998371
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    There's a whole new blog on it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=998371

:eek: My god!!! i want that ship that is sweet when it comes out im grabbing the WD40 and the crowbar pry open my wallet and im buying that ship.

Me likey alot :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    :eek: My god!!! i want that ship that is sweet when it comes out im grabbing the WD40 and the crowbar pry open my wallet and im buying that ship.

Me likey alot :)

I find it too...blocky. I'll stick to my Fleet Ambassador.;)
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i see more USS premonition then that thing from JJ trek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yep, definitely that part of the month again! :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wish you could exchange a 2500 zen ship with a different 2500 zen ship. Like once every 3 months or so, now that would be cool.(

You mean the way your local car dealership allows you to trade your old car in and get a new one in exchange, when you get bored of that particular car?

Yeah, mine doesn't do that either.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    lucentdragonlucentdragon Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    You mean the way your local car dealership allows you to trade your old car in and get a new one in exchange, when you get bored of that particular car?

Yeah, mine doesn't do that either.

Really? because I've never been to a car lot that wouldn't allow you to turn in your old car for at least a discount/re-reimbursement toward a new one.

How about that? Let us trade in old zen ships for a discount :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Really? because I've never been to a car lot that wouldn't allow you to turn in your old car for at least a discount/re-reimbursement toward a new one.

How about that? Let us trade in old zen ships for a discount :P
    Drive a car off the lot and it depreciates 10% in 1 minute. Assuming a 4-year loan, a car is worth 50% of what you paid for it. And that's a tangible item.

For a digital item see if Itunes will allow you to sell-back an album you bought, for any value at all. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Still is a good idea, trade one Zen ship as part payment.
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    When you consider that the JJ Enterprise is as big as a Sovereign the Vengeance would be massive - probably even making the Odyssey seem smallish. :)

where'd you pull that out?

first off let's show the sovereign's windows for basic comparrison.

http://images.mmorpg.com/features/2619/images/2916_1_t.jpg

now the vengance, look at the inner segments of the saucer

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130526085618/startrek/images/a/ab/Uss_vengenace.jpg

it is still quite a small ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130526085618/startrek/images/a/ab/Uss_vengenace.jpg

The official size of the JJ Enterprise as given on the BluRay is 2,379.75 feet

http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/new-e-scale1.jpg?w=655&h=403

which equals 725 meters. On top of that we know that the Vengeance is twice as long as the Enterprise in the new movie. That's where hes got that from.;)
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I think hes talking about that big "window" in the middle of the saucer. You know, the one a small ship can see and pass through. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013

There's a whole page on www.ex-astris-scientia.org debating the supposed size of the JJprise at 700+ meters.
    Cinefex magazine #118, ILM Art Director Alex Jaeger says: "The reconfigured ship was a larger vessel than previous manifestations -- approximately 1,200-feet-long compared to the 947-foot ship of the original series. Once we got the ship built and started putting it in environments it felt too small. The shuttle bay gave us a clear relative scale -- shuttles initially appeared much bigger than we had imagined -- so we bumped up the Enterprise scale, which gave her a grander feel and allowed us to include more detail." So the ship was designed at 1200ft (366m) by Ryan Church, and was later scaled up by a factor of 2!
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its plain obvious that the Avenger is STO's USS Vengeance, and definitely made by S31.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Its plain obvious that the Avenger is STO's USS Vengeance, and definitely made by S31.

cuz all S31 ships are blocky?
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    cuz all S31 ships are blocky?

Not only that, but full of guns. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013

*Disclaimer* Completely subjective statement following:

Man that thing is hideous. I've seen it a thoulsand times before and whenever I see it again I cringe. I don't know what they were smoking when they designed that one, but it must have been some ultra strong stuff. :D
    The Avenger looks like a beauty queen next to that one.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    willdaviesalpha1willdaviesalpha1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I personally think that the Vengeance is an astoundingly ugly ship, and the hole in the middle of the saucer..... does anyone have any idea as to the practical purpose of that?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I personally think that the Vengeance is an astoundingly ugly ship, and the hole in the middle of the saucer..... does anyone have any idea as to the practical purpose of that?
    There's a big weapon's array that fits into that hole and launches out in combat. Unfortunately the Admiral didn't have time to wait for it to be completed thanks to young-Kirk messing up his plans. :D
  • Options
    cooperblack1cooperblack1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    *Disclaimer* Completely subjective statement following:

Man that thing is hideous. I've seen it a thoulsand times before and whenever I see it again I cringe. I don't know what they were smoking when they designed that one, but it must have been some ultra strong stuff. :D
    The Avenger looks like a beauty queen next to that one.

I agree it's ugly as sin...except the nacelles - cryptic can copy those for all i like :p
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,850 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i see more USS premonition then that thing from JJ trek

I don't understand why people think it looks so much like that JJ monstrosity...the only thing they have in common is a blocky feel and that's hardly enough to compare them.
  • Options
    cooperblack1cooperblack1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I don't understand why people think it looks so much like that JJ monstrosity...the only thing they have in common is a blocky feel and that's hardly enough to compare them.

Well being built by Lego does give an distictive feel no matter what the shape is...