What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Cryptic Account Server Maintenance (October 8, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm......

Why would cryptic bring down their account server 1 day before everyone participating in the CE event can claim their prize instead of waiting 2 days and patch all the servers together on the usual patch day ?

Is it a coincidence that I'm 6 days from a major account milestone, and the rest of the components for next my PC build arrive in 4 days ? There seems to be a great convergence of gaming activities happening this week, who or what will survive.

:confused:

There can be only one.
    pvp = small package
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is very possible that they are not a native English speaker, so why be so condescending towards their grammar when your grammar is not perfect either?

Well, I only dabble in a few other languages, but to my knowledge, no language syntax has every written word capitalized. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be conducting Account Server maintenance tomorrow, Tuesday, October 8th, at 10PM PDT (click here to view in your timezone). This maintenance will be for all Cryptic games, as part of a larger infrastructure change. During this time, the shards will close and players will not be able to log into any Cryptic game or launcher, and access to manage your account will also be unavailable. We expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours.

There are no patch notes as there is not a new patch being applied.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

lol, I was ABOUT to ask if I would have to wait for 5-10 minutes for any Cryptic-related game to patch after this maintainance. Nevermind, I saw at the bottom of the announcement that there is no new patch. Hopefully, this will help improve the stability of the games and cut down on the amount of lag in major social venues in any of the games (aka, Exchange in ESD in STO or the market area in the Protector's Enclave in Neverwinter). Am I correct in assuming this, or would such an issue be fixable by normal patch? Just curious...
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    megtrekkie wrote: »
    ill stop trolling when they fix the dam problems in game thank you very much just because your saying STO is awesome dose not mean all are. yeah STO is and it could be better if people get there answer. and i have one thing to say to you how about you butt out i was talking to Branflakes and asking him about it not you

1. Public forums means the public can respond to you (butt in, as you put it), if you want a private conversation, there are ways to do that.

2. While the game has some bugs, like all MMOs do, I don't ever seem to experience them at the rate a very small handful of constant forum whiners do, it makes me think the problem is behind their keyboards and not in the game itself.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There can be only one.

May it be...
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • twoofnine1twoofnine1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    most likey due to the Neverwinter Shard Merge

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=992081
    edited October 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    1. Public forums means the public can respond to you (butt in, as you put it), if you want a private conversation, there are ways to do that.

2. While the game has some bugs, like all MMOs do, I don't ever seem to experience them at the rate a very small handful of constant forum whiners do, it makes me think the problem is behind their keyboards and not in the game itself.

Or they could just be complaining just for the sake of complaining itself! :rolleyes: (there are those kinds of people!)
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    megtrekkie wrote: »
    ill stop trolling when they fix the dam problems in game thank you very much

Read; http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

Now stop complaining.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just got an ominous feeling. What horrors do you suppose this will unleash? How many weeks until normal game play finally resumes? What will we lose in the recovery efforts?

Find out next week! Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel! :P
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be conducting Account Server maintenance tomorrow, Tuesday, October 8th, at 10PM PDT (click here to view in your timezone). This maintenance will be for all Cryptic games, as part of a larger infrastructure change. During this time, the shards will close and players will not be able to log into any Cryptic game or launcher, and access to manage your account will also be unavailable. We expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours.

10 PM? :eek:

Odd time to do a patch given patches are usually at 10AM.
  • jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why on earth would you do this during prime time?
    Hi Captains,

• rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if this is that Server Merge for Neverwinter I have heard about.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    10 PM? :eek:

Odd time to do a patch given patches are usually at 10AM.

As the OP says, there is no patch :) This is Account Server Maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Methinks the voices heard in social zones over the weekend ,may have something to do with.
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bran,

Check the Account server maintenance time on the launcher, seems to be different from posted time here in the forums.

:)
    Are we there yet?
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bran,

Check the Account server maintenance time on the launcher, seems to be different from posted time here in the forums.

Forget it. All better now .

Are we there yet?
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why on earth would you do this during US prime time?
    I corrected. It will start at 7-8am in Europe, which is not prime time at all. And it's better than the usual 3pm-6pm maintenance.
    It's probably related to the fact it's a PWE maintenance, and it's a chinese based company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And the grammer battles begin... And it has NOTHING to do with arc? wow. Let's go get it over with.:D
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thank you PWE/Criptic for doing this at a time where its not disturbing us European players, as you American players keep saying "this is a American game" its about time you suffer with this for a change.

Fair is fair after all LMFAO
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    *Finally uses BranFlakes's time zone link*

So in like 6 hours.. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Maintenance 6pm-8pm U.K. time :( looks like i will have to talk to the wife as nothing worth watching on T.V :(.,,,,,,,,,,or maybe a trip to the local pub,,,:)
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    At 5am in the morning?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Sever is going down in around 5.5 hours from now. Shouldn't those of you in the UK be sleeping then? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What, where, when? Links or its not happening!! :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What, where, when? Links or its not happening!! :D
    On the main website, on the Launcher, or in the Galactic News Network. Take your pick. :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    O yeah 24 hour clock dident think of that just panicked when saw 5-7 which is 6-8 UK :)
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,411 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do we know what they are doing?
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And before you ask, this has nothing to do with Arc :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

the fact a post like this is even necessary is quite telling enough from any sane person's point of view ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Do we know what they are doing?

It probably has something to do with the upgrades for Neverwinter's shard merge and getting the network re-optimized after that.
This discussion has been closed.