test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Cryptic Account Server Maintenance (October 8, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be conducting Account Server maintenance tomorrow, Tuesday, October 8th, at 10PM PDT (click here to view in your timezone). This maintenance will be for all Cryptic games, as part of a larger infrastructure change. During this time, the shards will close and players will not be able to log into any Cryptic game or launcher, and access to manage your account will also be unavailable. We expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours.

There are no patch notes as there is not a new patch being applied.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    And before you ask, this has nothing to do with Arc :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So Me Going On A Guess Here New Work Around Means You Mess Up On Account Stuff Well I For One Hope My Account Gets Deleted On Star Trek Online Or Never Winter And Also When You Going To Sort Out The Graphics Problems In The Game And The Lagg To I Just Wondering
  • zachlucpicardzachlucpicard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Megtrekkie, stop trolling. I've never had a problem worth complaining about, STO is awesome. Plus, your grammar is appalling. Don't complain about a complex game when you can't even insert a comma or period.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Megtrekkie, stop trolling. I've never had a problem worth complaining about, STO is awesome. Plus, your grammar is appalling. Don't complain about a complex game when you can't even insert a comma or period.

It is very possible that they are not a native English speaker, so why be so condescending towards their grammar when your grammar is not perfect either?

For instance, your last sentence says "insert a comma or period". What I believe you meant was insert a comma or a period, or insert commas and periods, or something of the sort. In addition, several of your "sentences" are mere fragments instead of complete sentences.

Not to mention saying "STO is awesome" is merely an opinion. I'm sure many people who have tried this game will have a different opinion. There have been major problems with this game in the past (for instance the mail debacle and intensive server issues) and I am sure that more problems will occur in the future. Some missions/queues are extremely graphics intense (literally to the point that it causes lag), Crystalline Entity comes to mind here. There is nothing wrong with him being critical of the game he is playing, especially if he is a paying customer.

Also I love how branflakes immediately assumed that we would scream conspiracy about this. :P Glad to see it has nothing to do with arc.
    pvp = small package
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Heh, nice pre-empting ;)

You would lose a lot of players if you forced it on us, and made it mandatory, but you know that :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    megtrekkie wrote: »
    So Me Going On A Guess Here New Work Around Means You Mess Up On Account Stuff Well I For One Hope My Account Gets Deleted On Star Trek Online Or Never Winter And Also When You Going To Sort Out The Graphics Problems In The Game And The Lagg To I Just Wondering

If you dislike the game so much, why are you even on the forum. Anyway if you want your account deleted so badly, just do it yourself.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Autocratic Required Chaos...

Nope, it's certainly got nuttin' ta do with ARC.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited October 2013

I'm just curious as to why every word has to be Capitalized???

I suddenly got a Packled voice in my head reading that...

:cool:
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to why every word has to be Capitalized???

I suddenly got a Packled voice in my head reading that...

I was hearing an angry Hermione Grainger, but now it's a combo of both.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone else pee on the side of the toilet bowl to make less noise?

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
    edited October 2013
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Does anyone else pee on the side of the toilet bowl to make less noise?

???

Just sit down, also saves on the clean-up afterward.

• usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    as part of a larger infrastructure change

price increase of all items in z-store incoming ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited October 2013
    More likely a deeper inter-connection with the PWE framework.

I'd guess a PRE-ARC set-up, so that its eventual integration flows smoother.

Technically, not ARC itself, but my guess is that it is ARC related in some manner.

I'd also surmise that They are fiddling with the server in Boston for some reason.

Perhaps to try and eliminate the previous problem with the bottleneck there, that DStahl mentioned awhile back.
    (and that many of us see with a ping/nettest)

• khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    price increase of all items in z-store incoming ?

*stuns you for even suggesting that*

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2013
    I think it be best if you guys put a warning in the top of the website, so people don't miss it...

cause so far... seems like only a few people found this post....
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2013

ill stop trolling when they fix the dam problems in game thank you very much just because your saying STO is awesome dose not mean all are. yeah STO is and it could be better if people get there answer. and i have one thing to say to you how about you butt out i was talking to Branflakes and asking him about it not you
    edited October 2013
    ill stop trolling when they fix the dam problems in game thank you very much just because your saying STO is awesome dose not mean all are. yeah STO is and it could be better if people get there answer. and i have one thing to say to you how about you butt out i was talking to Branflakes and asking him about it not you

With the attitude shining brightly...

I rather doubt either post is going to garner much of a response from BranFlakes...

You might have to settle for the rest of us.

BTW: It's not particularly wise to actually admit to 'Trolling'.

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ah damit!!! I'd got my rant already penned and ready to go! :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ummm... The link to view time zones appears not to be working for me on my iPad for some reason. I click the link and nothing happens...
  • rednuxrednux Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All of my info has gone bye bye! Hope this is a mistake.
  • rednuxrednux Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry! It's back.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    7-9am. I can handle that. glad it's not during main time in Europe.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    7-9am. I can handle that. glad it's not during main time in Europe.

That is an ok time frame. Won't affect me at all that early in the day.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Interesting.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does this have anything to do with the NW server merges? I know that they were waiting for some infrastructure upgrades over there and are going to be doing the merges tonight as well.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why in the German STO Forum is a different Day and Time for this Maintance?

Today at 19:00 my Timezone or one Day Later at 7:00 my Timezone

only one can be right ?

ok my mistake am and pm not 24h Clock like i am used too
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Heh, nice pre-empting ;)

You would lose a lot of players if you forced it on us, and made it mandatory, but you know that :P

It's worth it reminding them that.

(Btw. How come Branflakes just so happens to think about Arc so swiftly? Yup, this maintenance sure has something to do with Arc. You ain't fooling me, Bran. :P )
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I Wish there whould only be Steam not from every Company there own Steam like program
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmmmm......

Why would cryptic bring down their account server 1 day before everyone participating in the CE event can claim their prize instead of waiting 2 days and patch all the servers together on the usual patch day ?

Is it a coincidence that I'm 6 days from a major account milestone, and the rest of the components for my next PC build arrive in 4 days ? There seems to be a great convergence of gaming activities happening this week, who or what will survive.

:confused:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm......

Why would cryptic bring down their account server 1 day before everyone participating in the CE event can claim their prize instead of waiting 2 days and patch all the servers together on the usual patch day ?

Is it a coincidence that I'm 6 days from a major account milestone, and the rest of the components for next my PC build arrive in 4 days ? There seems to be a great convergence of gaming activities happening this week, who or what will survive.

:confused:

There can be only one.
    pvp = small package
This discussion has been closed.