2»

Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    edalgo wrote: »
    DOOMED! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!

Oh sorry wrong thread...

NERF!

Programs for this thread can be bought from the Cstore.

Why gnash your teeth blindly when a program spells it all out for you?

If you do not have teeth they can be provided from the Cstore.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • scaventoscavento Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

So, I guess its ok that the AA's Siphon beam, not the reflection AOE, kills any Mines and Targetable torpedoes that spawns with in the range of its siphon draining beam.

No one finds that part to be a problem? No one except for the OP and maybe my self?

I pointed that very problem out a looong time ago.. Oh well. If no one has a problem with it.. and if no one feels its a bug that just never got fixed.. who cares right?

Oh no! Some one is talking about something klingon that might actually not work as intended.. let's pounce that person and flame him till he never comes back to the thread! :rolleyes:

Thank you for your support, i thought i am the only one who see the problem, and like other wrote, why does an energy drain has radiation damage and kill these things? it deosent make sense.
    The difference to abilities like gravity well is: they are intended to clear the spam
    edited October 2013
    scavento wrote: »
    Thank you for your support, i thought i am the only one who see the problem, and like other wrote, why does an energy drain has radiation damage and kill these things? it deosent make sense.
    The difference to abilities like gravity well is: they are intended to clear the spam

The AA is based off the TNG episode Boobytrap. A device that drains energy from a foe and emits radiation to kill a trapped foe. Unlike the device in that episode the AA only works when fired upon with energy weapons. If you do not blind fire on it and move away it is harmless.
    Its a Tarbaby.
    As well it has already been nerfed recently due to player outcry and it dies far quicker now.

R.I.P
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited October 2013

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Aceton_Assimilator

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mine_Launcher

So what do you imagine that acetons should be used to do? they serve the same purpose as a minefield aka area denial they just require a precious console slot vs a rear weapon hard point and a boff space to maximize their potential.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tksmittytksmitty Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is one thing on AAs that is really annoying: they kill targetable torpedoes and mines, so they kill actually 50% of the weapons that should be able to kill them with kinetic damage.
    I am talking about the energy drain and not the radiation shockwave they create when they get hit with energy weapons.

So do you think there is a way to change that, without the klingons going crazy?

The reason I ask is, AAs make mines and weapons like tricobalt torpedoes or breen cluster torps obsolete for fed's, because in 90% of the fights, they are destroyed immediately while no one shots the AA

You could, oh, I don't know, equip a very simple hard counter like a non-targetable torpedo (super cheap) or a kinetic cutting beam.

Or you could cry for a nerf that would affect quite a few KDF players and require the time and attention of devs and necessitate a patch that would bring the servers down (and possibly break stuff in the process).
    Current ship/builds:
    KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
    Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would look on AA's more favorably, and maybe even welcome them into a cross-faction lockbox deal IF - they made them a weapon loadout instead of a console.

Think about it, while a console is a valuable space on any ship, specially with so many lucrative universal consoles on offer, but the amount of spam it would save would be great. If people want to spit them out thats totally fine, but make them surrender a weapon slot for the privilege.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited October 2013
    I would look on AA's more favorably, and maybe even welcome them into a cross-faction lockbox deal IF - they made them a weapon loadout instead of a console.

Think about it, while a console is a valuable space on any ship, specially with so many lucrative universal consoles on offer, but the amount of spam it would save would be great. If people want to spit them out thats totally fine, but make them surrender a weapon slot for the privilege.

Classifying them as a special type of mine would be interesting.

R.I.P
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree with some of the previous posters. The cooldown is waaaaay to short. If you have 3 Klinks in Kerrat in a battle within no time they can have over 10 of them going at once. Thats my only complaint. There are many other abilities that really need cooldown reduction and are almost non-used due to it. Strange this ability has such a short cooldown. It verges on being broken due to it. A 2 min cooldown seem to be fair and acceptable for these.
    edited October 2013
    If given a 2minute CD then AAs need to remain a console and possibly be restrengthened to thier once tougher to kill settings since unlike most weapons they can be avoided at will.

R.I.P
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ships should only be able to switch gear at a starbase...or...maybe sector space...and...maybe ground....and er...normal space around a starbase.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ships should only be able to switch gear at a starbase...or...maybe sector space...and...maybe ground....and er...normal space around a starbase.

So pretty much everywhere but pvp maps XD
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus