test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please change Aceton Assimilator

scaventoscavento Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
There is one thing on AAs that is really annoying: they kill targetable torpedoes and mines, so they kill actually 50% of the weapons that should be able to kill them with kinetic damage.
I am talking about the energy drain and not the radiation shockwave they create when they get hit with energy weapons.

So do you think there is a way to change that, without the klingons going crazy?

The reason I ask is, AAs make mines and weapons like tricobalt torpedoes or breen cluster torps obsolete for fed's, because in 90% of the fights, they are destroyed immediately while no one shots the AA
Post edited by scavento on

Comments

• mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    scavento wrote: »
    There is one thing on AAs that is really annoying: they kill targetable torpedoes and mines, so they kill actually 50% of the weapons that should be able to kill them with kinetic damage.
    I am talking about the energy drain and not the radiation shockwave they create when they get hit with energy weapons.

So do you think there is a way to change that, without the klingons going crazy?

The reason I ask is, AAs make mines and weapons like tricobalt torpedoes or breen cluster torps obsolete for fed's, because in 90% of the fights, they are destroyed immediately while no one shots the AA

1 - stop shooting them with energy weapons then they won't kill anything

2 - the Klingons have nothing left that keeps up with the power creep that has ruined this game nerfing anything try currently have left would be insane

3 - the Klingons have nothing

4 - why don't you just fly away from them?
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013

There is one thing on Gravity Wells that is really annoying: they kill targetable torpedoes and mines, so they kill actually 100% of the weapons that should not be able to kill them with kinetic damage since they cannot be killed.

There is one thing on Tyken's Rift that is really annoying: they kill targetable torpedoes and mines, so they kill actually 100% of the weapons that should not be able to kill them with kinetic damage since they cannot be killed.

There is one thing on Singularity Jumps that is really annoying: they kill targetable torpedoes and mines, so they kill actually 100% of the weapons that should not be able to kill them with kinetic damage since they cannot be killed.

There is one thing on Eject Warp Plasma/etc that is really annoying: they kill targetable torpedoes and mines, so they kill actually 100% of the weapons that should not be able to kill them with kinetic damage since they cannot be killed.

Hrmmm, I'm starting to see a pattern here... yet, the complaint is about the thing that can be popped? Curious...
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Gravity well and tykens both destroy targetable torpedoes and mines also so for me it's fine that AA's do it too. In fact, more spam killing is always fine for me. My only issue is the short cooldown and one can have three out at a time. I think either give them a longer cool down, or make it so only one can be out at a time per console.
  • masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Simply increase the hull a bit on targetable torps etc. Like tricobalts literally have 1 hitpoint, solves ton of these issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
    edited October 2013
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Gravity well and tykens both destroy targetable torpedoes and mines also so for me it's fine that AA's do it too. In fact, more spam killing is always fine for me. My only issue is the short cooldown and one can have three out at a time. I think either give them a longer cool down, or make it so only one can be out at a time per console.

The AA cost somebody something though. The Grav/Tyken's didn't. You can DOFF Grav/Tyken's and have them pop up all over the place...shutting down many builds.

Willard's weapons...

Omega Torp, Tric Torp, 2x Trans Torp
    Hyper-Plasma Torp, Breen Cluster, Web Mines
    & the Beach Ball

Regular or Spread Omega...Regular, Spread, and High Yield Trans...they're fine.

HY Omega, Regular/TS/HY Tric, Regular/TS/HY Hyper-Plasma, Breen, Mines, and the Beach Ball...? Between everything that can be dropped out there - it's completely neutered. With all the folks dropping out their Grav Wells or Rifts or Singularities, all the AtB FAWspam folks, lol - the pets with FAW, etc, etc, etc...

...well, I think fair is fair - they should affect energy weapons as well...reducing accuracy, reducing damage, whatever the case may be. Admittedly, it'd be a little silly to have FAWspam shooting down FAWspam...but with some decent music, might make a funny video. ;)
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wait until they put those things into a lockbox :)
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
    edited October 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »
    wait until they put those things into a lockbox :)

There you go...

Aceton Assimilator for Fed.
    Tachyon Detection Field for KDF.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like using AAs I admit, but the biggest thing I feel is that they need to have the standard 3 minute CD like any other console, THEN we can deal with any nerfs or buffs.

Part of the problem with AAs, and I won't deny it, is that 45 second CD of it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Use torp spread instead.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited October 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Use torp spread instead.

Think the OP's problem is not carrying non-targetable Spread torps - so even his TS Torps are targetable torps.
    edited October 2013
    Think the OP's problem is not carrying non-targetable Spread torps - so even his TS Torps are targetable torps.

The AA should not be nerfed just to validate one players choice of weapons, imo.
    If he is ill equipped to handle this one type of enemy attack then his best option isnretreat from it.

R.I.P
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    not sure but didn't AA's get a nerf recently anyway?

seems to me they got their HP's reduced...

also i think they got ninja nerfed at some point as energy weapons seems to kill them now when 6 months ago or so you could shoot at them all day [with energy weps] and not hurt them. maybe it's just something like the ...cant remember the name, the omega proc, 750 kinetic damage doing it. idk.

in any case, to the OP as others have mentioned, the best way to deal with those evil AA"s is to fly away from them. :P then when that mean 'ol kling' follows you, fire your torps. :D

hf kill bad guys ^^
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Why Complaining about it, u Feds gonna get it for very cheap or for no real price at all in the next season lock box most likely.
    edited October 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    The AA should not be nerfed just to validate one players choice of weapons, imo.
    If he is ill equipped to handle this one type of enemy attack then his best option isnretreat from it.

But, but, but... /facepalm ...look at the rest of the game, isn't that Cryptic's Design Mantra? Nerf things because some players won't even try to adapt?
    edited October 2013
    But, but, but... /facepalm ...look at the rest of the game, isn't that Cryptic's Design Mantra? Nerf things because some players won't even try to adapt?

nerf faw!! they kill my target-able spam!! :P
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Take a page from the book of Borg; adapt. Don't ask for a nerf on this, let the Klingon empire enjoy this before the federation get it.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nerf nerfing, you nerfs
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the borg kcb works fine vs the AA. Pets with torps too ^^

I'm agree that the coldown should be inline with all the other TRIBBLE consoles. But i think it will be fun have it in fed side, drop 3 of those and have fun vs the aux2bat boats.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2013
    AA is COMPLETELY OP. I mean there's absolutely NO COUNTER?!?!

They need to NERF this abomination before they ruin the game completely with the AoE energy weapon retaliation!!

AND IT DRAINS ENERGY!?! I come across one of these and if I can't use fire at will or it kills me and to make it worse it's draining my systems completely dry so I can't cloak!!

I mean even the Voth have them, I am not going to change weapons just because the devs are feeling spiteful and want to punish us the lazy casual players who feed them. I will take my money and never give them another dime after the new fed battlecruiser and next lockbox.

- S.A.R. Casm.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited October 2013
    fonz71 wrote: »
    nerf faw!! they kill my target-able spam!! :P

Nerf FAW because...it automatically acquires targets for the player, allowing them to pop things that they're completely unaware of even existing...it's the epitome of a skill-less skill. ;)

CSV and even 100% to-hit TS require some effort on the player's part. The same can't be said about FAW.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nerf FAW because...it automatically acquires targets for the player, allowing them to pop things that they're completely unaware of even existing...it's the epitome of a skill-less skill. ;)

CSV and even 100% to-hit TS require some effort on the player's part. The same can't be said about FAW.

FAW, after it was fixed wasn't too much of a problem because of power drain....but now...that's not a problem anymore.

I'll say it again though. The cool down is too short AND you can put 3 of them out. That's the AAs problem. Sure you can kill it with torpedoes, but another one is just going to take it's place just as quick. The only opportunity cost is losing only 1 console slot. For tykens and GW you lose all or most of your science stations ( if you want them for more than just clearing spam) and if you want to have that 45 second cd with GW or tykens you have to run 2 copies, thus losing 2 power stations too. That's a big cost over 1 console slot....
    edited October 2013

dang-it VD!!! u and your logic. 0.o i was only being silly and now you got me thinking about it! lol and i hate thinking at work! :P
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited October 2013

boo hoo
    dont worry feddie. you wii no doubt have an aceton of your own soon enough.
    edited October 2013
    Ideas on how to buff AA to make it viable.

Allow DPB & DPA to affect it.

DPB - increase damage of pulses and amount of drain.
    DPA - increase area of effect.

Allow Nadeon to affect it.

Nadeon Detonator - add shockwave to pulses.

Allow Ionized to affect it.

Ionized Gas Sensors - adds ionized gas feedback to attackers reducing the stealth value of those near the attacker.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :rolleyes:

So, I guess its ok that the AA's Siphon beam, not the reflection AOE, kills any Mines and Targetable torpedoes that spawns with in the range of its siphon draining beam.

No one finds that part to be a problem? No one except for the OP and maybe my self?

I pointed that very problem out a looong time ago.. Oh well. If no one has a problem with it.. and if no one feels its a bug that just never got fixed.. who cares right?

Oh no! Some one is talking about something klingon that might actually not work as intended.. let's pounce that person and flame him till he never comes back to the thread! :rolleyes:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    webdeath wrote: »

So, I guess its ok that the AA's Siphon beam, not the reflection AOE, kills any Mines and Targetable torpedoes that spawns with in the range of its siphon draining beam.

No one finds that part to be a problem? No one except for the OP and maybe my self?

I pointed that very problem out a looong time ago.. Oh well. If no one has a problem with it.. and if no one feels its a bug that just never got fixed.. who cares right?

Oh no! Some one is talking about something klingon that might actually not work as intended.. let's pounce that person and flame him till he never comes back to the thread! :rolleyes:

i've seen a lot of red AA's and never had a problem with them.

almost any AoE weapon will have the same effect.
    edited October 2013

Um...correct me if I'm wrong here, but...

The drain also does rad damage. It's not just a drain. And then there's the reflection attack. Even the drain's doing damage, so yeah - it's going to pop targetables - just like any other AoE damage thing...kind of like Tyken's doing it's kinetic damage, the AA does rad damage.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Um...correct me if I'm wrong here, but...

The drain also does rad damage. It's not just a drain. And then there's the reflection attack. Even the drain's doing damage, so yeah - it's going to pop targetables - just like any other AoE damage thing...kind of like Tyken's doing it's kinetic damage, the AA does rad damage.

:( Ahhh I didn't know about the Rad damage.. I was only aware of the Siphon part, and the AOE.. I appologize.. go ahead and continue tar and feathering. :D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    :( Ahhh I didn't know about the Rad damage.. I was only aware of the Siphon part, and the AOE.. I appologize.. go ahead and continue tar and feathering. :D

Heh, I think the damage is so miniscule that nothing outside of a targetable projectile even notices it...lol. It's what, 20ish a sec if that?
    edited October 2013

They operate on an equation far beyond my ability to follow.......though I have heard many theories over the years.....

R.I.P