test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan ship bridges?

xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Was wondering if the devs are considering creating romulan style bridges for our ships too?
Post edited by xpectadeth68 on

Comments

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We have one (two if you include the Scimitar, three if you include the Temporal (Wells rehash) ones), how many more do you want? :P
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited October 2013
    Yes, because your OP ships themselves aren't enough :P
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Romulan ships don't have bridges?

No we have this weird place with consoles and officers standing at them doing things, with this center chair and a viewscreen at the front which displays this view of space.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Interesting, that sounds exactly like what we have. Huh...:-/

Hmmm, then maybe you need a bridge too.
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can mine be a suspension bridge? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    I'd be happy if they give us a place to display trophies on the Romulan bridge.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rattler2 wrote: »

Very much this.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yep. I pointed that out during closed beta testing of LoR. Can't display any trophies inside a romulan ship. You'd have to use a tier 4 or lower ship of your ally since those ships can only use your ally's interiors and you have the trophy displays.

Others have mentioned it too since LoR launched and so far I haven't seen a dev response as to why romulan interiors have no place to display trophies, or any response at all about it that I can recall. :mad:

To the OP, it's simple. Click that little arrow on your mini map in the bottom right corner and select the option to go to you ship interior/bridge. Though it's possible you may be referring to the fact that romulans only have a single bridge available for free and any others are tied to c-store/lobi store/lockbox ships and only has a unique bridge and no interior at all to explore. For that I would agree. I was very disappointed during beta testing to find there was only 1 bridge and hoped they would add more after LoR launched. :(
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would very much like to have the style of Di'on Charvon's D7 interior from "The Enterprise Incident," for my bridge, ready room, and quarters (and the modified Klingon Empire logo over all the doorways that was seen on her ship in the same episode). I've been suggesting this for like ... nearly 5 months now. At the very least, it should be possible to get it on the Klingon-made ships my Romulan has, but I don't see why it couldn't be made available for all Romulan vessels as well (or at least those owned by Romulans allied with the Orion Syndicate [Romulans allied with the Klingon Empire, for those still in denial]).
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    I would very much like to have the style of Di'on Charvon's D7 interior from "The Enterprise Incident," for my bridge, ready room, and quarters (and the modified Klingon Empire logo over all the doorways that was seen on her ship in the same episode). I've been suggesting this for like ... nearly 5 months now. At the very least, it should be possible to get it on the Klingon-made ships my Romulan has, but I don't see why it couldn't be made available for all Romulan vessels as well (or at least those owned by Romulans allied with the Orion Syndicate [Romulans allied with the Klingon Empire, for those still in denial]).

There are several problems with that particular bridge.
    Among them is the fact it was just a table, a pair of guys behind a Federation-type fence-wall and a guy uncomfortably leaning on a computer that's used to fire weapons.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/1/1d/D7_control_central.jpg

Only if they combine that with the appearance in The Animated Series

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/9/93/D7_bridge-2%2C_Romulan.jpg

do we get something resembling a bridge.

On top of that the equipment on the ship was just a redress of the equipment used on the TOS Enterprise.
    Given how the Kirom bridge on the Klingon side is probably as close to a canon bridge (the one from Star Trek 3) as we'll ever get on an "inferior faction" chances are practically non-existent for this to be done. And then it's only in terms of rough layout and not in terms of the actual equipment installed on the ship.
    Mind you, I'd love to see an arrangement similar to the one from that episode, one version with Klingon consoles and an almost identical version with Romulan consoles and different lighting. BUT then the latter is only remotely realistic if there's ever a Romulan-specific version of that ship to be added to the game. And given how Cryptic does stuff KDF side (prostpone it indefinitely) it would be more likely for a Romulan-only version of that bridge to appear.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I really like the romulan bridges. They're scaled properly (compared to the lol-worthy oversized galaxy bridge), the singularity core is interesting, and their ten-forward/bar area actually looks like a proper ten-forward/bar area (the federation version is awful). It does need a place to display trophies but I don't mind.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    There are several problems with that particular bridge.
    Among them is the fact it was just a table, a pair of guys behind a Federation-type fence-wall and a guy uncomfortably leaning on a computer that's used to fire weapons.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/1/1d/D7_control_central.jpg

Only if they combine that with the appearance in The Animated Series

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/9/93/D7_bridge-2%2C_Romulan.jpg

do we get something resembling a bridge.

On top of that the equipment on the ship was just a redress of the equipment used on the TOS Enterprise.
    Given how the Kirom bridge on the Klingon side is probably as close to a canon bridge (the one from Star Trek 3) as we'll ever get on an "inferior faction" chances are practically non-existent for this to be done. And then it's only in terms of rough layout and not in terms of the actual equipment installed on the ship.
    Mind you, I'd love to see an arrangement similar to the one from that episode, one version with Klingon consoles and an almost identical version with Romulan consoles and different lighting. BUT then the latter is only remotely realistic if there's ever a Romulan-specific version of that ship to be added to the game. And given how Cryptic does stuff KDF side (prostpone it indefinitely) it would be more likely for a Romulan-only version of that bridge to appear.

You'll note that I said:
    protogoth wrote:
    I would very much like to have the style of Di'on Charvon's D7 interior from "The Enterprise Incident," for my bridge, ready room, and quarters (and the modified Klingon Empire logo over all the doorways that was seen on her ship in the same episode).
    (emphasis added)

Let's look at a bit of that style.

Hallways:
    http://scifanatic.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/images/lists/cost08_tos304.jpg

http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/3x02/The_Enterprise_Incident_252.JPG

Cloaking Device Room:
    http://tomwhahappen.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/romulan-kirk.jpg

Brig:
    http://www.ditl.org/internals/GBrigRomD71.jpg

The Riov's Quarters / Ready Room:
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/boot_the_grime/Star%20Trek/789px-RomulanCommander2268.jpg

http://theanalyticalcouchpotato.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/romulancommander1.jpg

http://www.ditl.org/internals/GAccomRomD71.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hL7HogamDVc/TJL9ooj0f3I/AAAAAAAACQw/_nL47Z3ZIyU/s400/The_Enterprise_Incident_286.jpg

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/factfiles/romulan-commander-quarters.jpg

Emerging from the Riov's Quarters into a Hallway:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img824/6758/theenterpriseincidenthd.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrGyI2epNnzXScYGW6qp564TRgLFjGeCzHdM3SRAeRvMbjZci39w

(notice the logo over the doorway in the image above)

And another look at that "bridge" you criticized (which may be something other than a bridge, it should be noted):
    http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/GadflyRage/eincident/eincident02.gif

And yes, it's the Connie interior recolored/relit. But it's gorgeous.

Further, since the Connie bridge (and what is basically Main Engineering, as well as some other interiors, if you go to Drozana Station in "Night of the Comet") is already in-game (I have that bridge on my Vulcan's D'Kyr, for example), it would take much less work to recolor things than to make an entirely new bridge (although I would prefer the more rounded chair from the Riov's quarters to the square-looking thing Kirk sat in).
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    Forget the bridge ... I want to dress my captain like her. Make it so Cryptic.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    indypenguinindypenguin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Forget the bridge ... I want to dress my captain like her. Make it so Cryptic.

I'll take it for my bridge officers... but there is the TOS uniforms to start with.

Beyond just trophies, the Federation bridges have additional capabilities. You can walk around and talk to the different officers in like the engine room, lab, medical bay, etc... basically all of your department heads (even though they're not the ones listed as such in your duty officers tab). From that you can select different missions that isn't nominally available on the "standard" duty officer missions windows. Some of these missions give you better commendation xp than some of the missions available in the duty officers tab. I think this is the same for the Klingons, though I haven't gone below to the crew decks in a while. Though, for some reason Klingon bridges (or other decks) seem to be murky/foggy. Right now for the Romulans, the only option I'm aware of is "select a small craft" in the transporter room.

After that, then maybe I'd go for different bridge options. Though I'd have to say, it's well balanced in comparison to like gigantic Galaxy, Sovereign, or Odyssey Classes that I've experienced on the Federation side.
    Ad astra per aspera

God be between you and harm, and all the empty places we must walk.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    You'll note that I said:

So in other terms you used a very nebulous word "style" which can mean the arrangement of the rooms, the atmosphere, the lighting, an exact replica of the interior and a number of other things and you're dissatisfied I did not randomly choose the exact type of meaning you wanted to express with that nebulous term and now act like I'm a moron who has not seen the episode in question.
    Okay never mind then.
    Oh, BTW that shot of the Romulan bridge from the viewscreen provides ZERO additional visual info compared to the one I posted. In fact it shows even less of said bridge.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wouldn't mind having more bridges. I don't see it happening anytime soon due to reasons Tacofangs has pointed out multiple times already, but I will say it would be nice to have a few more to choose from.

The ability to display trophies would also be very appreciated.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hell i just want fully customizable interiors for ALL ships id probally visit it more if they did.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    So in other terms you used a very nebulous word "style" which can mean the arrangement of the rooms, the atmosphere, the lighting, an exact replica of the interior and a number of other things and you're dissatisfied I did not randomly choose the exact type of meaning you wanted to express with that nebulous term and now act like I'm a moron who has not seen the episode in question.
    Okay never mind then.
    Oh, BTW that shot of the Romulan bridge from the viewscreen provides ZERO additional visual info compared to the one I posted. In fact it shows even less of said bridge.

More than the word "style," as I indicated in my previous reply to you by means of adding emphasis to my earlier post: I never said "bridge;" instead, I said "interior." I would think that would at least imply something more than a bridge, especially since we saw so little of anything that might be considered a bridge (looks more like an Auxiliary Control Center to me) on that ship, and so much of the rest of the ship.

Don't be so defensive; I wasn't acting like you're a moron, nor that you haven't seen the episode. Typed text is a limited means of communication, even with italics, boldface, and underscoring.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm hoping that over time we'll get more Romulan Bridges. The current Romulan Bridge is based on Donatra's Bridge on the Valdore. I'm hoping for something based on the bridges of Commander Toreth on the Khazara and Taris on the Haakona.

My dream for all interiors would be that equipment would make a difference. All of the components we put on our ships would make some kind of visual difference, even if it just puts different pictures on the screens of the bridge. For instance a station becomes like stealth monitoring if you put the stealth console in, or a readout of Warhead Yield (although better would be to add a torpedo room like on the Enterprise in Star Trek II and III to show torpedo components). The big one of course would be showing different warp cores in engineering when you visit the space depending on what's equipped.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    At the very, VERY least, they need to allow us to place trophies on the romulan ship interiors.

Preferably, they should add a couple all new interiors to represent small and large ship variants - the one we have right now feels midsized to me.

I wouldn't mind ship specific bridge packs, either. Let you choose your interior size like feds and kdf, then pick a bridge style. I'm not a fan of bridge stations that lack chairs, either.